Thread: Thoughts And Comments In General #1 **SPOILERS**Bachelorette 4 Deanna

Re: Thoughts And Comments In General #1 **SPOILERS**Bachelorette 4 Deanna

Quote Originally Posted by Shannonm93;3044970;
    I think we all need to withhold judgement on this whole blow up scene as we haven't yet seen the scene that instigates it. Once we've seen it and if you feel that De was not valid in being upset then have at it. Personally I think she will be validated (I've said it before and I'll say it again (and keep in mind this is only my opinion), but I don't believe that some of these guys have put their "whole heart" into this and this is quite obviously very serious business for De, so if they either need to step up to the plate or go home), but that's jmo.

Well said!! I believe that there are a few who aren't there for the right reasons, but are bothered nonetheless that she isn't paying enough attention to them. I guess we'll understand better tomorrow!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SophieMae;3044974;
    This show is about DeAnna finding someone for her, so . . . . .yes . . . . .she is "entitled". This is all a part of who DeAnna actually is. If her outburst "scared" someone off, then that someone is not for her. True love is "for better or worse" and unconditional.

The right guy would reassure her and comfort her, because she was upset. The wrong guy would just consider her as being a b*#ch. Actually a great way to see who the true contenders are.

Of course, it is her show so this is the realistic way to look at; however, if you don't like her to start with it may be a little harder to look at it realistically.

Quote Originally Posted by SophieMae;3044974;
    This show is about DeAnna finding someone for her, so . . . . .yes . . . . .she is "entitled". This is all a part of who DeAnna actually is. If her outburst "scared" someone off, then that someone is not for her. True love is "for better or worse" and unconditional.

The right guy would reassure her and comfort her, because she was upset. The wrong guy would just consider her as being a b*#ch. Actually a great way to see who the true contenders are.

I respectfully disagree, she may scare off a guy who if their relationship was further along could easily accept a "rant" by his love, but at this point she could push away mr. right, any any guy who falls all over himself to make her feel better is not necessarily the right guy for her but just a gentleman

seriously if I saw one of my friends have a meltdown like that I would be mortified. I know we have not seen the whole thing and I hope we get to understand why she was so upset but it just came off very poorly to me

Quote Originally Posted by Shannonm93;3044959;
    I've said this before, but these guys need to realize that when you're in a relationship that its not always sunshine and roses and that sometimes your significant other is going to get upset and have a blow up moment like De did. It should not be that big of a deal. Things like this happen all the time in relationships and while I do think De could've handled the situation better by maybe taking the guys that she was specifically upset with aside and speaking with them directly it does not matter, because it would've still wound up on air anyways as that is how Fleiss and this show works. The bottom line is that things like this are going to happen in relationships and sometimes its the girl and sometimes its the guy, but whoever it is if a person can't handle it then they're much better off to leave because things like this are just a fact of life. In short, if they can't stand the heat, then they need to get the heck out of the kitchen. Like I said, things like this are just a fact of life and if they don't know how to handle it, then they need learn how to handle it or go home and grow up.

And De needs to realize that sometimes men need their space and they won't always be able to cater to her every whim. IMO DeAnna is the one that don't know how to handle it when things don't go her way. I don't see the men screaming at her when they are not chosen. Maybe she is the one that needs to grow up.

Jason, Ty and FORT Fan! Shannonm93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3044987;
    Of course, it is her show so this is the realistic way to look at; however, if you don't like her to start with it may be a little harder to look at it realistically.
    I agree Bloomers, but what just really gets me is if people don't like De, then why are they watching the show??
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are - Anais Nin

Jason, Ty and FORT Fan! Shannonm93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3044989;
    And De needs to realize that sometimes men need their space and they won't always be able to cater to her every whim. IMO DeAnna is the one that don't know how to handle it when things don't go her way. I don't see the men screaming at her when they are not chosen. Maybe she is the one that needs to grow up.

I agree with the bolded part, but I still stand by what I said. As for catering to her every whim part, I don't think that has anything to do with this. This is not some whim for De ... this is serious business for her and should be treated as such and if these guys are serious about her then they should treat it the exact same way. If they don't, then IMO they aren't serious about her and just need to go home.
    Last edited by Shannonm93; 06-08-2008 at 07:29 PM.
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by yeisha;3044954;
    I just watched the whole clip and all I can say is wow, entitled much? I know this is her show and it is a very high pressured situation, but geez Deanna, its not the end of the world if half of these men are not worshiping the ground you walk on. JMHO.
    This is not a particularly pleasant side to Deanna. Methinks we built her up too much after being not chosen on The Bachelor. Perhaps that was the reason Brad did not fall in love. We have no idea what all may have transpired to lead to her meltdown. Much more of the personalities is revealed during filming than Fleiss ever allows us to see. The men and women on the show are all human beings and as such have flaws. We only see the side he wants us to see and making a judgment on such weak input puts us at risk of making a mistake. I was never a Deanna fan before, I found her to have a cold, unemotional side to her personality. I actually like her better now, flaws and all, as she seems more human to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannonm93;3044991;
    I agree Bloomers, but what just really gets me is if people don't like De, then why are they watching the show??
    Because we like the show for one thing and we are also entitled to our opinion just like you. We keep hoping it will get back to where it started.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3044989;
    well said sueb1961!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shannonm93;3044991;
    Because it hurts so good??!!!