Thread: Bachelorette 4 Spoilers: DeAnna

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 4 Spoilers :DeAnna

Quote Originally Posted by carolina girl;2967304;
    Quick question for all you Bachelor(ette) gurus out there...

When abcmedianet.com mentions the professional athletes in this preview article, do you think it implies that they are currently professional athletes? Or could they be former professional athletes? Just curious.
    Well, we've already found the snowboarder and he is a current professional.

As far as the basketball player most people believe he must be playing in Europe because ABC hasn't hyped an NBA player - just a professional basketball player and some NBA teams are in the playoffs right now.

As for the football player he could very well be in the NFL or CFL because they aren't playing right now BUT ABC would still hype it so, who knows who that guy is. Maybe a former professional football player.

It reminds me of Nick Starcevic from Big Brother 8...he was classified as a professional football player - but in actuality he had previously played for a Finnish Football League. (WAY different than the NFL)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by K9Mom;2967346;
    It reminds me of Nick Starcevic from Big Brother 8...he was classified as a professional football player - but in actuality he had previously played for a Finnish Football League. (WAY different than the NFL)
    I wonder if Americans consider the CFL (Canadian Football League) as being professional football but nothing 'hype' worthy like the NFL? We know we have one Canadian coming on so I wonder if there will be more than that?

Everytime I try to search for new information about the football player my own post (#1021) pops up first or second on the list

Haven't even seen any previews yet for DeAnna's season in our area....we seem to get limited "commercials" for the Bach as well ...maybe our area didn't buy into the ABC promos this season..(hard to believe since this will be "Most romantic ending in Bach history"

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;2967634;
    Haven't even seen any previews yet for DeAnna's season in our area....we seem to get limited "commercials" for the Bach as well ...maybe our area didn't buy into the ABC promos this season..(hard to believe since this will be "Most romantic ending in Bach history"

I would have bought that if it were Amanda I think....."you had me from hello"........
    I don't buy it now.

Pro football player - could be an Arena football player as well as US pro player - either or maybe

Pro basketball player - could be a semi-pro player as well - there are several teams in the US - or could be from Europe
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2967376;
    I wonder if Americans consider the CFL (Canadian Football League) as being professional football but nothing 'hype' worthy like the NFL? We know we have one Canadian coming on so I wonder if there will be more than that?
    Could be. There is some CFL/NFL crossover (i.e., Doug Flutie) and some US college football players go to the CFL. So the CFL is definitely on the radar of hardcore football fans in the US. But I think if the football player were an active NFL guy, that would be mentioned. Or they'd try to get him to be the next Bachelor, a la Jesse Palmer. So a CFL player is definitely possible, as is someone who played outside of North America.

Same with the basketball player -- if he were currently on the roster of an NBA team, I'm sure they'd mention it or try to get him to be the next Bach. And because of the season and the filming schedule, an NBA player would have to be on injured reserve almost by definition. But I think it's likely someone who plays in Europe. (I'm not aware of a Canadian basketball league, sorry if I'm wrong about that.)
    Bring on The Mole!

FORT Regular

Someone probably already looked or eliminated the basketball league in Greece. I couldn't figure out if their season was done at the time of filming but they do have a Summer season that hasn't started yet.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by She2kat;2967761;
    Someone probably already looked or eliminated the basketball league in Greece. I couldn't figure out if their season was done at the time of filming but they do have a Summer season that hasn't started yet.
    That's a great idea. I didn't even think of a Greek basketball league.

Don't forget though, that DeAnna is Greek only from her father's side of the family. Her mother's side, according to the recent medianet writeup, is tossed salad American with a dash of Native American thrown in. I'm not so sure the Greek side of her will be played up so much this time around.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)