Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

Re: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

One's true character is reflected in the thoughts and comments of those left behind. Reading the above posts confirms my own feelings for SDL...one of the good guys...smart, funny, genuine and caring, whether posting on an open board or responding the a PM. If we at FORT played any small role in making his last days a little easier, then I feel honored to have had that opportunity. He will be sorely missed. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. Rest in peace, Scott.

Wow. i am so sad to read about this. i had missed him lately but thought he was just taking a break in the bachelor "off-season," so to speak. i wish i had been right.

thank you so much, peacemar, for posting that pm. it gives me a sense of closure

sdl was also my first friend request. i hope that part of his legacy is us learning not to withhold those from each other - as we can see here, a little kindness went a LONG way.

rest in peace, scott, you will be missed.
    _(Moo!)

Wow, peacemar. I did not know about sdl's illness.

I truly loved sdl's insider info that he shared, because I'm fascinated by production "thangs". I also loved his posts about the "More To Love" show. I never watched the show, though.

Tonight at sunset, I'm going to talk to him as if he's still here, because I have something to say to him that I wish I had PM'd him. His spirit is out there somewhere, in my belief, anyway.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I am shocked to hear of his passing. My prayers are with his family and friends. SDL's posts were ones that I would always seek out, I always enjoyed reading them. He will be missed!

I also looked forward to reading his posts, full of quick wit and sharp humor. The boards will definitely feel the void. I will miss him.
    My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

I am so saddened by this news. SDL and I had our differences this past Bachelor season. He sent me a very gracious PM on 3/8 whereby we patched up our differences and for that, I am grateful! It's a true testament to the person he was. Life is definitely too short and Scott is proof of that. You will be missed!

FORT Fan

As with many of you, sdl was also my first friend request; for someone new to message boards and nervous about posting, it made me feel welcome. I guess he did that for a lot of us.

I will think of him always as Alfred E. Neuman, with wonderful wit, sarcasm, and good humor. And a kind, considerate man.

Rest in peace.

FORT Newbie

I have been reading here for years now and always wanted to register and never took the time. SDL is one of the reason I kept coming back love his sense of humor. It’s so sad to hear that we won’t be enjoying reading his posts anymore. Wish I would register before so I could have gotten to know him a bit. Rest in peace my friend even though we never met or talk I will remember you forever.

Welcome, Littleone!
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

DistractedByShinyThings micmac68's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peacemar33;3869245;
    I thought I would share a PM that Scott sent to me. He would want me to do that.

Scott's birthday was December 25th Christmas Day. I sent him birthday wishes and this is what he sent me back.

I love having my birthday on Christmas. Hardly anyone ever notices, which doesn't bother me, but those who do are very special to me.
    Most importantly, it is always a happy day with family and friends gathered together.
    I hope you had a very happy holiday. You have a big heart, and your notes never fail to brighten my day.
    Uhm, this is a little awkward for me and I apologize for the burden, but I need to let you know that I am very ill - have been for some time now.
    It's the reason I hang around and joke with the people on FORT - it takes my mind off of reality. It's lymphoma, and there's no more treatment. I've been through it all, and failed. So I'm dying - I guess that's the best way to put it. Blunt but honest.
    My goal was to make Christmas with my children, and it seemed very ambitious at the time, but I made it. The days are getting shorter though, and basic stuff is definitely harder, so I guess what I'm saying is thank you for your warmth and friendship.
    If you don't hear from me it wasn't because I didn't care. I would appreciate your letting my friends here know, when the messages stop, that they gave me so many happy moments, and kept my heart and mind alive when I was really losing it otherwise.
    My new goal is January 7, because that's when the University of Texas plays for the National Championship, and I would love to see it. But that will be a tough one, an eternity really.
    Sorry to be such a downer, but it would be weirder if I just stopped responding and you never knew why. Better to be depressing than inconsiderate, I think.

He got to live much longer than he thought he would, as you can see.

One more Bachelor Show, that he got to share his thoughts with us.

When he didn't post for a day or two, I got worried and then he would post and I knew that he was okay.

He was a great guy and a good friend here at the FORT.

Scott, you will be missed terribly my friend..... R.I.P.
    Peacemar - Thank you for posting this. I have not posted here very regularly, but always looked for sdl's posts whenever I came to the FORT. We will miss you, sdl. I know you are now at peace and free from your suffering.