Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

Re: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

Just another member of FORT that absolutely loved sdl's posts....And once again he was the first person who offered his friendship to me....sdl.....I'm so sad.....FORT will NEVER be same without you and your beautiful snarky wit...

Scott's last post was on March 16th, describing Ali's new fashion. He was such a great poster!

"Are you kidding me?! Ali is a natural beauty - she would look great in a burlap sack. I also love her personality, so I'm biased. But she looked very pretty.
    Having said that, and I'm only saying this because you asked, but I was disappointed in some of the choices they showed. First of all, let me say that I am not gay, but I definitely notice women's clothing because I love women who look great in clothes (not sure that sounded right).
    Two things:
    1. With a girl like Ali, less is more. No, I'm not talking about smaller - I mean she's like Audrey Hepburn. The simple but elegant look is best because you don't want to draw the eye to the dress; you want the dress to frame the girl.
    There were some dresses with too many odd straps, or a big flower on her shoulder, etc. A strapless, fitted dress without a lot of layers and frills is the way to go with her.
    2. The dress they concentrated on most was a silver/grey evening gown that the designer loved. I thought it was all wrong. The dress was pretty but the color was not flattering. It is a well known fact in the fashion industry that blondes should not wear silver/grey tones*. They are better suited for black or gold (remember all the yellow things she wore last season - too many of them but they all looked good).
    I would love to pick out her wardrobe. I used to have this tie once that I hated, but every time I wore it, women complimented it. I mean every time. So I'm telling my friend at lunch how much I hate this tie but it was messing me up because of the compliments. He said, "it doesn't matter what you like - listen to them. It's what they think that matters."
    So, they need a guy helping her with her wardrobe.

* Okay, how do I know about the blonde/grey outfit thing. Because in the movie "Vertigo" Alfred Hitchcock was dead set on dressing his blonde female lead in a grey tailored suit and his costume designer fought him bitterly. It is known to wash out blondes. But Hitchcock was forecasting the darkness of the plot, and her impending death.
    So he won out, and it worked. But unless Ali is going to get tossed off a tower, she should ditch the grey dress."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3869231;
    Scott's last post was on March 16th, describing Ali's new fashion. He was such a great poster!

"Are you kidding me?! Ali is a natural beauty - she would look great in a burlap sack. I also love her personality, so I'm biased. But she looked very pretty.
    Having said that, and I'm only saying this because you asked, but I was disappointed in some of the choices they showed. First of all, let me say that I am not gay, but I definitely notice women's clothing because I love women who look great in clothes (not sure that sounded right).
    Two things:
    1. With a girl like Ali, less is more. No, I'm not talking about smaller - I mean she's like Audrey Hepburn. The simple but elegant look is best because you don't want to draw the eye to the dress; you want the dress to frame the girl.
    There were some dresses with too many odd straps, or a big flower on her shoulder, etc. A strapless, fitted dress without a lot of layers and frills is the way to go with her.
    2. The dress they concentrated on most was a silver/grey evening gown that the designer loved. I thought it was all wrong. The dress was pretty but the color was not flattering. It is a well known fact in the fashion industry that blondes should not wear silver/grey tones*. They are better suited for black or gold (remember all the yellow things she wore last season - too many of them but they all looked good).
    I would love to pick out her wardrobe. I used to have this tie once that I hated, but every time I wore it, women complimented it. I mean every time. So I'm telling my friend at lunch how much I hate this tie but it was messing me up because of the compliments. He said, "it doesn't matter what you like - listen to them. It's what they think that matters."
    So, they need a guy helping her with her wardrobe.

* Okay, how do I know about the blonde/grey outfit thing. Because in the movie "Vertigo" Alfred Hitchcock was dead set on dressing his blonde female lead in a grey tailored suit and his costume designer fought him bitterly. It is known to wash out blondes. But Hitchcock was forecasting the darkness of the plot, and her impending death.
    So he won out, and it worked. But unless Ali is going to get tossed off a tower, she should ditch the grey dress."
    Thanks Ryvetted. This post absolutely sums SDL up to a tee, and not alot more needs to be said about his last post!

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3869154;
    I am literally sick over this. We PM'd each other all the time. He always called me "sweetheart". I looked forward to and enjoyed every one of his posts.
    I will miss you, SDL - rest in peace, my friend.
    ETA....his last PM to me was the day before this tragedy happened.
    SDL pm me at 9:25 PM on the night this tragedy happened and his last post was at 9:05 PM in the 20/20 The Bachelor: The Stories Behind The Rose Thread on Page 36, Post 360, which is probably in the Bachelor Forum. He was answering a question I had for him about Ali's new duds that were shown on the show. He went into great detail on how she should be dressed, really classy. His last activity here was at 11:29 PM 3/16/2010.

I'm like all of you and admired him so much and he was always so kind and helpful with info, especially legal contracts the contestants have to sign, etc. Rest in peace, you are missed already.

I am in complete shock. His family and friends are in my prayers. I have been anxiously awaiting his post on the DWTS thread. You will be greatly missed Scott.

My thoughts go out to all of SDL's friends and family. I am in total shock and will miss reading SDL's posts.

Such sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I thought I would share a PM that Scott sent to me. He would want me to do that.

Scott's birthday was December 25th Christmas Day. I sent him birthday wishes and this is what he sent me back.

I love having my birthday on Christmas. Hardly anyone ever notices, which doesn't bother me, but those who do are very special to me.
    Most importantly, it is always a happy day with family and friends gathered together.
    I hope you had a very happy holiday. You have a big heart, and your notes never fail to brighten my day.
    Uhm, this is a little awkward for me and I apologize for the burden, but I need to let you know that I am very ill - have been for some time now.
    It's the reason I hang around and joke with the people on FORT - it takes my mind off of reality. It's lymphoma, and there's no more treatment. I've been through it all, and failed. So I'm dying - I guess that's the best way to put it. Blunt but honest.
    My goal was to make Christmas with my children, and it seemed very ambitious at the time, but I made it. The days are getting shorter though, and basic stuff is definitely harder, so I guess what I'm saying is thank you for your warmth and friendship.
    If you don't hear from me it wasn't because I didn't care. I would appreciate your letting my friends here know, when the messages stop, that they gave me so many happy moments, and kept my heart and mind alive when I was really losing it otherwise.
    My new goal is January 7, because that's when the University of Texas plays for the National Championship, and I would love to see it. But that will be a tough one, an eternity really.
    Sorry to be such a downer, but it would be weirder if I just stopped responding and you never knew why. Better to be depressing than inconsiderate, I think.

He got to live much longer than he thought he would, as you can see.

One more Bachelor Show, that he got to share his thoughts with us.

When he didn't post for a day or two, I got worried and then he would post and I knew that he was okay.

He was a great guy and a good friend here at the FORT.

Scott, you will be missed terribly my friend..... R.I.P.
    Last edited by peacemar33; 04-04-2010 at 01:26 AM.

I am shocked and saddened to hear this. sdl's posts were warm, friendly,
    humorous, and most of all, respectful. He seemed to have a sense of joy about him, which I found admirable and uplifting.

My condolences to his family and friends.

May you rest in peace, Scott. I'll miss you.

I am shocked by his passing. I loved reading his posts and his letter to peacemar33 had me balling my eyes out. Rest In Peace Scott