Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

FORT Fogey

Re: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

Quote Originally Posted by Patti2620;3869074;
    The first person to ask me to be his friend when I joined FORT. He is still shown on my list. We pm'd many times and trusted each other with confidences. Scott, you will be truly missed. Rest in peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3869077;
    SDL was the first member here who asked me to be his friend. I had responded to a message he wrote about something and he wanted me to know how much it meant to him. I will never forget that and the kindess he showed me when I felt lost on this board having just joined. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. Sometimes it is the little things that a person does that will last a life time.
    Re: the bolded-- that was exactly the scenario that I first "met" him. Once I had been on a while and saw that he was so well respected on this board, I truly felt special and that I had a "friend in high places"! I guess that was something he did with everyone, which affirms that he was caring and wanted everyone to feel welcomed.

KK4
    FORT Fan

As a long time lurker, I loved his insight. Wow. My sincere sympathy to his family and friends.

I have been away for awhile and got on today to see this very sad news. A truly articulate and kind individual. I was always excited to see his posts as he brought so much to the discussions. Truly sad indeed.

“Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.” Eskimo proverb

This thread was created so that people could express their condolences and not so everyone could discuss the details of sdl's passing. Please be respectful take that stuff to PM.

FORT Fanatic

I am extremely saddened by this news. I didn't know him well, but loved reading what he had to say. He recently was so kind and generous will giving me some information. I extend my prayers to his family, his friends, and all the members who knew him. We will miss you dear friend. God Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mod Team;3869096;
    This thread was created so that people could express their condolences and not so everyone could discuss the details of sdl's passing. Please be respectful take that stuff to PM.
    Thank you so much for this.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

I am so sad. It's so hard to believe...

eta

Thanks for posting about what SDL brought to the board. It's so nice to read.
    Last edited by atem; 04-03-2010 at 07:22 PM.

I wondered why he hadn't been posting lately. I figured he was just busy or had lost interest in the threads.

RIP, sdl. Blessings to you, your family, and friends.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

This just breaks my heart.
    He was a true friend and always had great insight. On everything.
    Now he gets to sleuth from the sky, have all his unanswered questions answered, and find out exactly how tall Jake really is.
    I'm gonna miss you, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3869107;
    This just breaks my heart.
    He was a true friend and always had great insight. On everything.
    Now he gets to sleuth from the sky, have all his unanswered questions answered, and find out exactly how tall Jake really is. I'm gonna miss you, buddy.

Well said.
    It's so sad to lose a fellow FORTER and your post brought a smile to my face.
    To Thine Own Self Be True