Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

Re: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

I would love to be able to bring a wine glass symbol onto the boards and as the season gets underway we can all raise (add) a glass to the memory of a wonderful man who through the boards brought such joy to so many that he never met in person. Anyone, know if it can be done? If you can, I think it would be a fitting gesture to a man missed by many.

I'm so sorry to hear this news thoughts and prayers are with his family! Very sad and he will be missed!!

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam;3904543;
    I would love to be able to bring a wine glass symbol onto the boards and as the season gets underway we can all raise (add) a glass to the memory of a wonderful man who through the boards brought such joy to so many that he never met in person. Anyone, know if it can be done? If you can, I think it would be a fitting gesture to a man missed by many.
    It can be done and should be done. Anyone touched by Scott, can and perhaps will change their avatar for the season opening of the show that he added so much to the sluething for all of us. It will be a little toast from all of us to SDL. May he rest in peace!

RIP buddy. ~Ms

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3906301;
    It can be done and should be done. Anyone touched by Scott, can and perhaps will change their avatar for the season opening of the show that he added so much to the sluething for all of us. It will be a little toast from all of us to SDL. May he rest in peace!

RIP buddy. ~Ms
    That's a wonderful idea nuts2uiam andMsDll. I made an avatar for Premier Night, and whoever wants to use it for our little toast please feel free to!

I sure do miss him!

Last edited by Ryvetted; 05-18-2010 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3906336;
    That's a wonderful idea nuts2uiam andMsDll. I made an avatar for Premier Night, and whoever wants to use it for our little toast please feel free to!

I sure do miss him!

Love it Ryvetted. Thanks so much

Ryvetted, can you please pm me on how to do an avatar? Thank you in advance for your help. Debbie

Ryvetted nevermind I figured it out! Thanks again and let me know when to post for the tribute to SDL my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean_counter;3906560;
    Ryvetted nevermind I figured it out! Thanks again and let me know when to post for the tribute to SDL my friend.
    Oh good, glad you got it to work!

Since we all live in different time zones, what do y'all think about having our avatars up all day/all night Monday as our tribute?

Quote Originally Posted by noche1;3899344;
    First post for this season and it seems fitting that it is about Sdl. What a shock to hear that he has passed on. I like to think of death as a new birth into reality. I have no idea what Scot looked like and hope I get to meet him on the other side. We talked about being a rebel and running into trouble on this board..... Brings a smile to me just to think about all the less than politically correct posts. I will miss you Scot and have been blessed in "knowing" you on this board. I pray that your family and friends find peace. So to all of you out here thank you for being so kind to me and allowing me to play with you all. Oh if anyone can pm me on how scot died I would be grateful. Thanks. Noche
    I haven't been around in awhile, other than to lurk, and some of you remember me as TigerPrideMom. Long story, but I sure wish I could get that name back so I could retrieve my sdl PMs.

ANYWAY...Scott and I became "regular email" pals in the midst of the Melissa and Jason season and corresponded fairly often. We exchanged miscellaneous pictures now and then, so I do know what he looked like.

I don't think I'm invading his privacy, although it would have likely embarrassed him if I told you that when I think of a person's character who really "matched" his face, it was Scott. Open, friendly, one of those "good guy" happy faces that I was always glad to see. Yes, handsome, didn't look his age, mischievous smile, bright eyes.

He gave me permission to write about him (after), but I haven't been able to manage that yet. Maybe sometime soon. I've taken great comfort from all that has been written here. Somehow, I think he knows, too. He definitely didn't want to go.

Love the toast idea, count me in!
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown