Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

FORT Newbie

Re: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

My ONE AND ONLY PM to and from him...
    03-02-10
    How can I miss someone so much that I never met? How can I feel like I "need" him? He was one of a kind. Just found this news, but I had wondered a few times in the last month where he was... did not have a good feeling, but I knew nothing... until today. Rest in Peace, Scott. You brought so much delight to so many invisible people...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    Re: Going to Vegas this weekend?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LisaE
    Good Morning SDL -
    Wondering if you are joining RS and the gang in Vegas this weekend? Now, I realize that you don't know me from Adam, or rather, Eve.... but I am another of your adoring fans..
    I gave away the TV 3 yrs ago, and only catch up on the BACH series through the media, FORT, Twitter, RS, and yes, sometimes even watch a whole episode now on Hulu. All of you wits do such a fine job in summary that I am not only missing *nothing* but I feel as if I am reading the classics, the novel itself, without enduring the idiocy of the screen version - that "they" ruined, of course.

I could carry on right now, citing the statements I read of yours this morning that truly had me howling out loud (you must be quite a formidable foe on the legal field if you can come up with these witticisms about such a mundane and trite medium. OR perhaps, that is where your truest strengths lie - you could take over from Kristin Dos Santos). I shall not cite them, as I must return to work now, post haste, but I thought I ought to at least inquire if you will show yourself/reveal yourself to what must be your legions of followers. If not, let me know when such a public sojourn will take place and I will surely be there, clutching my stomach and shaking my head as we listen to you nail it, time and time again...

Best,
    Lisa E

Wow Lisa, the best message ever. I'm a little embarrassed right now. Thank you!
    You know, I actually thought about the Vegas trip because Steve is a good friend and of course I'd love to get the scoop first hand (and I love Vegas anytime).
    But the reality is that I'm 51 - in good shape and not gross looking, I hope - but let's face it, a 51 year old guy doesn't belong sticking his face in this crowd. And I don't want to be a creep.
    So I'll read about it, and wish for this moment only that I was 31.
    Thanks for the great note,
    Scott

FORT Fogey

Class act.

Thanks for posting your message Lisa. I miss SDL. Its just not the same.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

You know, I'm loving all the early scoop this season, but I can't help but wonder what SDL would think. I would haved loved to hear his comment on Ali's slammin' dress at the M&G, or "Rated-R". (Which, I suppose, is actually what his thoughts about Ali's dress would have been. ) I miss his witty remarks and sharp mind for details. It's just not the same without him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KathnToast;3898753;
    You know, I'm loving all the early scoop this season, but I can't help but wonder what SDL would think. I would haved loved to hear his comment on Ali's slammin' dress at the M&G, or "Rated-R". (Which, I suppose, is actually what his thoughts about Ali's dress would have been. ) I miss his witty remarks and sharp mind for details. It's just not the same without him.
    I have already been through nearly one whole DWTS season w/o him, and I feel this season on here. I just try not to think about it. He really was an integral part of the group, and he had only been with us maybe 15 months - that was how good a sleuther he was and how amiable and personable he also was.
    He was my go to guy when I needed help on something I couldn't get on my own - behind the scenes' help - and he always helped me.
    I miss him!

He was a corker on the DWTS Board.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

KK4
    FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3898780;
    I have already been through nearly one whole DWTS season w/o him, and I feel this season on here. I just try not to think about it. He really was an integral part of the group, and he had only been with us maybe 15 months - that was how good a sleuther he was and how amiable and personable he also was.
    He was my go to guy when I needed help on something I couldn't get on my own - behind the scenes' help - and he always helped me.
    I miss him!

He was a corker on the DWTS Board.
    I hope someone, somehow has informed his family about his profound impact here. I miss his insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3898780;
    I miss him!
    Bloomers,you say things so beautifully that I cannot help but completely agree with you.SDL's insight was always welcome and I really enjoyed reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3893572;
    Class act.
    Without a doubt.

First post for this season and it seems fitting that it is about Sdl. What a shock to hear that he has passed on. I like to think of death as a new birth into reality. I have no idea what Scot looked like and hope I get to meet him on the other side. We talked about being a rebel and running into trouble on this board..... Brings a smile to me just to think about all the less than politically correct posts. I will miss you Scot and have been blessed in "knowing" you on this board. I pray that your family and friends find peace. So to all of you out here thank you for being so kind to me and allowing me to play with you all. Oh if anyone can pm me on how scot died I would be grateful. Thanks. Noche

Oh my gosh...I just read about SDL. I wondered why I hadn't seen his posts. i was really going to try and stay away from Ali's season, but thank goodness I came here to see what was happening. It's been a while since his passing, but it's so lovely to see that people are still expressing their condolences and are reminiscing about their relationships with Scott. I hope his family knows about his involvement here. Boy, he touched so many lives in such a positive way! A real class act. I can only imagine how lucky his family, friends, and colleagues were to know and love him in person. He will be missed.