Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

Re: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

I hadn't been here in a long time but I just had to comment to add my prayers and best wishes to SDL's family and his friends. May he rest in peace.

The news of SDL's death comes as such a shock to me, and will probably not hit home until Ali's season is underway. I will miss his contribution of reason and fact in the midst of all the emotion and speculation.

He is not the first to have found an escape, here at the Fans Of Reality TV, from the harsh realities of our lives.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

I'm a lurker in the best of times, but when I lurked, I always looked out for SDL's post. Like so many others, I would PM him because the news he was sharing with us wasn't always popular (although he was generally always right on the money!).

And even though he wasn't a FORT friend or someone I "knew", this board will miss him and I will miss him.

Rest in peace SDL and thanks always for sharing!

Waiting for my fairytale! FumaLover's Avatar

I haven't been on the site for a few weeks, and am so unbelievably saddened to read this news. I, as so many others have said, did not always agree with his posts, but I always looked forward to reading them. It was evident in each post he made that he put thought and time into checking on things and wording his opinions. I will absolutely miss his posts in the upcoming season and future seasons.

RIP SDL and my deepest sympathies to his family and friends.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

FORT Fan

I feel like the wind has been knocked out of me! I was also not close to him, we exchanged a few pm's. I can't tell you all how many times I'd be sitting here reading and snorting out loud over something he said and hubby or kids would ask... what's so funny? And the answer was always... some guy named sdl.

Imagine how we have such fond feelings and memories of him, how those in real life must feel this loss. I'm sure he was as special to know "irl".

I checked out Jake's shoes on dwts and wondered his take on them.

Prayers for his family and friends who had the privelege of having him in their lives.

I was wondering where his posts were in DWTS. I don't sleuth at all so was unaware of this thread until today. How sad to hear of his passing. He made an obvious impact on so many posters here. What a legacy. I hope his family finds peace and joy in the memories.

I am terribly sorry to read about this. I always kept an eye out for his posts because they were so insightful and reasonable. Love to all who knew him.

FORT Newbie

I mostly lurk here but I wanted to express my sympathy to his family and friends. His insightful posts will be missed.

I've been off the boards for awhile and just learned of SDL's passing. I am stunned and truly sickened by this news. SDL displayed an incredible wit on the boards here. I'm at a loss for words. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

There are just a few people on this site who consistently stand out and leave an indelible memory with their posts -- whether they be funny, intelligent, insightful, perceptive or just plain interesting. SDL was on the top of the list. I am shocked and saddened by this news, and offer my condolences to his family. What a treasure he was!