Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

Re: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

Haven't been on the site for quite some time as I didn't follow Jake's season. Was totally shocked by this news and will absolutely miss sdl, his posts, his pm's, his humour, voice of reason, insight, etc. etc. I, along with many others considered him a friend. We agreed on most things and when we disagreed it was always done with mutual respect. He was someone I trusted completely. If things were becoming heated on the board (as they sometimes do) and I was becoming angry at one or two posters I could always count on him to allow myself a venting area through pm's. He was able to put things into perspective for me and allow me to continue without becoming a 'hot head'. I will truly miss him and am sorry now that I missed last season because that meant I missed a season of contact with someone I will think of fondly most everytime I come to FORT.

RIP sdl - you are and will be missed
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

FORT Fogey

I never knew SDL in person, only from his posts. He was an intelligent, well written poster. I know his input, his wit, and his point of view will be terribly missed on this board. I will think of his family and friends in my prayers.

A couple of pages back someone posted the suggestion that once in a while it is nice to PM someone if you particularly like their post(s) and let them know. I think this is a great idea because all of us would like a bit of feedback for our efforts, and sometimes it is great to know one is "on the right track." I have done this a couple of times myself to others and have always been answered with gratitude. Just something to think about.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3875040;
    I never knew SDL in person, only from his posts. He was an intelligent, well written poster. I know his input, his wit, and his point of view will be terribly missed on this board. I will think of his family and friends in my prayers.

A couple of pages back someone posted the suggestion that once in a while it is nice to PM someone if you particularly like their post(s) and let them know. I think this is a great idea because all of us would like a bit of feedback for our efforts, and sometimes it is great to know one is "on the right track." I have done this a couple of times myself to others and have always been answered with gratitude. Just something to think about.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it. -- Chinese proverb

What a fantastic thought! This one goes in my "must remember" mental file.
    Thank you!
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Very sad news. He recognized the location of my avatar and sent a PM and we talked about Spanish Colonial Mexican cities. Very nice man.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 04-12-2010 at 02:52 PM.

I just discovered this thread and have read every post. Such sad news, and so many wonderful tributes to a man who clearly touched and inspired all of us. When discussions bogged down, I'd just search for sdl's posts and all would be right again. I will miss you so much, sdl!

And thanks, Bloomers, for the suggestion that we express our appreciation to those who touch us most. The Bachelor/Bachelorette sleuthing forums provide me with endless entertainment and fun. Thanks especially to those of you who keep reason ahead of emotion and provide great information, insight, and funny snark!

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

I've been following the reports for about 10 days or so now and saw where FORT's tribute to sdl was mentioned in one of the blogs.

SDL touched the lives of many and he is certainly missed. My thoughts and prayers are with his family during this most difficult time.
    Last edited by hepcat; 04-12-2010 at 05:30 PM.

I am very saddened to learn of Scott's passing, I loved his friendship dearly, and was looking forward to this next season because it would mean more connections with him. My thoughts, prayers, and my heart go to his family and friends!
    You will be greatly missed, but frequently, and lovingly thought of at each rose ceremony! God Bless you Scott!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I haven't been on here for a while. but I am shocked. Such sad news. My thoughts are with his family. RIP Scott.

Thoughts and prayers are with the family.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I'm very saddened to hear this news. SDL was huge part of the FORT community and will be dearly missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.