Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

Re: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3872248;
    absolute sincerity
    complete conviction
    infinite knowledge
    abundant wit
    old-school charm
    sympathetic listener
    tireless advocate
    endless patience
    genuine kindness
    compassionate friend

taken too soon
    missed already
    never to be forgotten
    Couldn't have said it better, or more eloquently, myself. Rest in peace, Scott - you will be missed. Your family is in my prayers.

What a testament to an outstanding individual. I have been so deeply saddended by the loss of Scott, and moved by the outpouring of emotion for him here. Scott and I loved to PM about NCAA football...he loved his Longhorns, and he knew so much about the nuances of the college game. I even grew to not only appreciate, but love(!) Jesse Palmer due to Scott's endorsement of Jesse's expertise of the game. Now, I don't miss a moment to watch Jesse on ESPN! Scott, I'm sure the 'Horns win the national championship every year up where you are now. Godspeed, my dear friend.

Hook 'em Horns!

FORT Newbie

I loved his whit and his charm. I always looked forward to his insights. I loved how he could put in to words things that I was thinking and make me laugh! I was always impressed by how respectful he would be with those who would disagree with him or disbelieve him.

My condolences to all his family and friends both in here and out there. Such a great loss.

FORT Fogey

Ah, Scott, you are loved and deeply missed. I shall miss our conversations greatly.

My deepest sympathy to family and friends...

It is amazing to me that even with Scott gone, I still come to this thread first to see what else someone had to say about him. He is still commanding our attention the way he always did.

FORT Fogey

My sense is that there are people who wish they had the chance to tell Scott what he meant to this board and to them personally, but of course it is not possible now. For that, I too am so very sorry.

We have no idea what is happening in real life behind the name and the facade that we see and come to know behind posters that we enjoy, admire, and or respect.
    I am in a good place in my life , so I am not suggesting anything related to me, but I wondered if I would be remiss in suggesting that if you have a person that you really enjoy on the Bach/ette Board, you might take a moment and drop that person a PM and tell him/her so. You never know - it might make a big difference in someone's life.

As for me, I am addicted to all of you and this board! Thanks to every one of you for adding so much to my life.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Newbie

I wondered if I would be remiss in suggesting that if you have a person that you really enjoy on the Bach/ette Board, you might take a moment and drop that person a PM and tell him/her so. You never know - it might make a big difference in someone's life.

bloomers, this is a lovely thought. I actually can't stand watching The Bachelor on TV, but I'm here all the time looking for spoilers and enjoying everyone's comments. I am AMAZED by the quality of sleuthing and I like to read everyone's opinions. I also appreciate how kind the veterans are to newbies and how helpful everyone is with questions.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3869053;
    So sorry to hear this! My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. I loved reading SDL's posts, not only for his great sense of humor, but also the logic he always brought to the conversation. SDL will truly be missed! Rest in piece.
    my thoughts exactly!!! i am completely saddened!!

I am just now reading this sad news.I am deeply saddened by the loss of SDL.I enjoyed his posts so very much over the past few years.My heart and thoughts go out to his family and friends.

I just noticed this thread and am utterly stunned. I was wondering where he was over on the DWTS threads (where I've been the most when I've been online lately). I'm so heartbroken to read this. Scott was such a nice man, and always so friendly to me. Loved his insights and his jokes even more than I enjoyed his info. I just looked in my inbox, and the last PM I got from him was early March. I'm so behind on everything in life, it's a miracle I replied that day. I'm so glad I did.

I remember him saying before that he had children, I'm thinking at least one daughter. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

I'll miss you dearly, friend. God Bless you. I hope you know how loved you will always be by so many people here.

ETA: I'm reading through the thread and just found the post with the PM he sent peacemar on Christmas. What a wonderful man who could bring such joy to so many in spite of his own heartache and pain.

Something I just thought of-- I had gotten the new National Enquirer the other day, and they have an article in it saying on DWTS Kate Gosselin is interested in Jake because she "likes short men." Talked about him being "roughly" 5'8". I read it early this morning. The first thing I did was start laughing, thinking about sdl's elevator shoes analysis. I was going to PM him about it when I got the chance, knowing he'd get a kick out of it. I'm just so sad that I can't do that now. Words can't say how sad I am.
    Last edited by VAgirl79; 04-11-2010 at 04:55 AM.