Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

DEW
    FORT Regular

Re: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

My sincere condolences to SDL's family, friends and loved ones. Like so many others here, I sought out his posts and enjoyed his insight, wit and wisdom. I always trusted that what he said was true, at least to the best of his knowledge. May he rest in peace.

I am a lurker here, but would always seek out SDL's posts, they were so insightful, and so full of first hand knowledge, he was a walking encyclopedia, and I always trusted everything he posted. He really was one of a kind, geniune man. He will be deeply missed by many people. But I just imagine him sitting with a bunch of captivated angels listening to his every word, and every story he has to tell, and the angels are so much wiser now that Scott is up there. Rest in Peace Scott.

FORT Newbie

This is incredibly sad news. The number of pages of posts in some topics can become extremely large, so to find out the latest when I would get on I would go to the members list and look up sdl and read all of his posts since my last visit here. And he also was my only "friend" on here. His pms were very kind and as more thn one person has said, he made me feel like I was very special. I will truly miss him. He was not only an informative, articulate and very funny man, but also a true gentleman.

How sad. I loved reading what he had to say. He will be missed. Sending prayers to his family during this sad time.

I am SHOCKED and so SAD to hear of SDL passing. I too will miss him dearly. Sad day for Fort ,it will never be the same around here, that's for sure.
    Everytime I signed into fort I would immediatly checkout his posts before reading anything else. I had the pleasure of pming with him during the bachelor/ette seasons., he was such a kind man with great sense of humor and so much knowledge. I hope his children find their way here to read all the wonderful things being said about their dad. RIP Buddie.

Quote Originally Posted by freedom0927;3871803;
    I am sad.

Every day since hearing of his passing I have cried.
    Me too Freedom . . . me too.

I've been reading these sleuthing boards for 3 seasons now, not long compared to some of you. I haven't ever had a lot to offer the site in return, so I don't post much. SDL's posts were insightful, witty, charming, and truthful. I would seek them out first when I signed in. I am so sorry to hear of his passing and I truly feel for his family. It seems that he considered many of you to be family as well, and I am sending my deepest condolances to you as well. God bless SDL, and bless you all.
    Melissa
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history"--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I have been extremely busy at work and at home that I am just now reading this. I'm heartbroken. No words can even convey what I'm feeling.

I pray that God will comfort his family and give them strength for the days and years ahead. Not only for his family but also his friends including cyber friends. He will be missed but always loved. He leaves a bigger legacy than he probably ever thought was possible.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

absolute sincerity
    complete conviction
    infinite knowledge
    abundant wit
    old-school charm
    sympathetic listener
    tireless advocate
    endless patience
    genuine kindness
    compassionate friend

taken too soon
    missed already
    never to be forgotten
    Last edited by cheekychook; 04-07-2010 at 06:22 PM.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3872248;
    absolute sincerity
    complete conviction
    infinite knowledge
    abundant wit
    old-school charm
    sympathetic listener
    tireless advocate
    endless patience
    genuine kindness
    compassionate friend

taken too soon
    missed already
    never to be forgotten
    Cheekey, it couldn't have been said any better.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.