Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

Re: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

Since I mostly lurk here, and rarely post, I am thankful I took the time to send sdl a personal note back in February of 2009. When he wrote back, I was completely charmed - not that I hadn't become charmed already by his insights, his patience, and his incredible wit. He was and is my only FORT friend, and I will keep him there, and I shall keep him in my heart, where all my precious moments remain.
    May God Speed you in your new venture, sdl. You were loved, revered and admired and I will miss you truly. Caio for now, Scott.....
    My prayers and deepest condolences are now for the loved ones you left behind.

Please rest peacefully dear friend...............
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

He will be greatly missed. My prayers go out to his family and friends!

FORT Fogey

I just found out about Scott. I am soo sad. I loved his posts. I also send out condolences to his family and friends. All of your responses have been great. What a testament to Scott that he could bring such happiness to us all and he probably didn't even realize it. It just goes to show me that one person can make a difference in other people's lives.

I too wrote to Scott many times and was his FORT friend. You know what I take away the most? He made me feel as if I was his BEST friend here on FORT. He was one of a kind...it won't be the same. I miss him

Scott (SDL) RIP

Love to all how knew him.....

I'm so sorry to hear of sdl's passing. I always looked forward to reading his posts. I felt like he added another dimension to this board. It won't be the same around here without him.

My sympathies to his family and friends, and may his memory be eternal.

FORT Regular

My sincere sympathy to sdl's family and friends. His posts were ones I always sought out and thoroughly enjoyed reading and he will be missed.

Oh, what sad news. I wondered why he wasn't posting about DWTS this season. My condolences to those of you who called him friend. RIP

Thanks, Mods, for creating a place to say our goodbyes to sdl. I had heard about his death last night when another FORTer PM'd me, and I've wanted a place to give a voice to the sadness I'm feeling about not having him around anymore.

Thanks to those who shared what they knew about his life outside of FORT. It's interesting to get a taste of the diversity of who we all are outside of this anonymous setting where sdl clearly strove to minimize the sense of anonymity,

God bless and God Speed, Scott. Safe travels to wherever and whatever is next.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Velvet Red,
    Loved reading your post. Am sure SDL is enjoying it, too.

Reading all the posts here reminds me of one of my 2 favorite movies of all time - It's A Wonderful Life. (Don't even ask what my other favorite is 'cause you'd never believe it!)

No man is ever alone if he has friends.....

To all my wonderful FORT friends,

We shall pass through this life only once.
    May SDL's spirit guide us along the journey and remind us to stop and smell the roses and remember that none of us is ever alone.
    Peace and RIP SDL
    To Thine Own Self Be True

We shall pass through this life only once.
    May SDL's spirit guide us along the journey and remind us to stop and smell the roses and remember that none of us is ever alone.
    Peace and RIP SDL[/QUOTE]

Ditto