Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

FORT Regular

Re: Sad news to report about a fellow site member.

I didnít know SDL except through his posts. As a mostly lurker I always looked forward to his contributions in these forums. He is no doubt now resting securely in Godís loving arms. It is inspiring to read everyoneís posts about their dear friend. Somehow they make the world a little more special.

May his family and friends find comfort in each other and their memories of him.

Peach, when I read the news about Scott last night I immediately thought of you. The friendship you two shared just jumped off the pages as I read your back and forth the past few years.

Thank you for sharing more info today and of course the special story of the depth of your friendship.

You have my deepest sympathies in the loss of your treasured friend. Scott was truly in a class of his own.

After reading through the thread, I am still shocked and saddened by the news of Scott's passing. Thanks to Peacemar and Peacheater for sharing their info, memories and insights. There is nothing I can add that hasn't been already said many times over about this smart, generous and witty man who befriended many of us. If a message board can have a rockstar, sdl was ours.

RIP, buddy.

So sad to hear of this news. He provided so many of us with laughter when we needed it most. He will be greatly missed!

I am so sad to hear about SDL... My condolences to his family and his friends. I liked reading what he thought of so many reality shows and he had a good sense of humor too. Rest in peace, SDL.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3869077;
    SDL was the first member here who asked me to be his friend. I had responded to a message he wrote about something and he wanted me to know how much it meant to him. I will never forget that and the kindess he showed me when I felt lost on this board having just joined.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. Sometimes it is the little things that a person does that will last a life time.
    I also got a response from him about how much he appreciated my support on a particular subject matter, which I thought was very nice of him to take the time. His posts were always interesting to read. SDL, you will truly be missed by us here on FORT and by your family and friends. Rest in peace, Scott.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I'm very saddened by this news and my heart and prayers go out to his friends and family at this difficult time. RIP

I never spoke with him personally but enjoyed reading his posts. His message to you Peacemar had me crying too. I'll miss seeing Alfred E. Newman's face on the boards. Prayers for SDL & his family....
    ============================== ==============

Quote Originally Posted by peacemar33;3869245;
    I thought I would share a PM that Scott sent to me. He would want me to do that.

Scott's birthday was December 25th Christmas Day. I sent him birthday wishes and this is what he sent me back.

I love having my birthday on Christmas. Hardly anyone ever notices, which doesn't bother me, but those who do are very special to me.
    Most importantly, it is always a happy day with family and friends gathered together.
    I hope you had a very happy holiday. You have a big heart, and your notes never fail to brighten my day.
    Uhm, this is a little awkward for me and I apologize for the burden, but I need to let you know that I am very ill - have been for some time now.
    It's the reason I hang around and joke with the people on FORT - it takes my mind off of reality. It's lymphoma, and there's no more treatment. I've been through it all, and failed. So I'm dying - I guess that's the best way to put it. Blunt but honest.
    My goal was to make Christmas with my children, and it seemed very ambitious at the time, but I made it. The days are getting shorter though, and basic stuff is definitely harder, so I guess what I'm saying is thank you for your warmth and friendship.
    If you don't hear from me it wasn't because I didn't care. I would appreciate your letting my friends here know, when the messages stop, that they gave me so many happy moments, and kept my heart and mind alive when I was really losing it otherwise.
    My new goal is January 7, because that's when the University of Texas plays for the National Championship, and I would love to see it. But that will be a tough one, an eternity really.
    Sorry to be such a downer, but it would be weirder if I just stopped responding and you never knew why. Better to be depressing than inconsiderate, I think.

He got to live much longer than he thought he would, as you can see.

One more Bachelor Show, that he got to share his thoughts with us.

When he didn't post for a day or two, I got worried and then he would post and I knew that he was okay.

He was a great guy and a good friend here at the FORT.

Scott, you will be missed terribly my friend..... R.I.P.

I didn't know SDL other than to read his posts, but I always enjoyed reading what he had to say. I feel a profound sense of sadness right now for the loss of a man that I didn't know personally - and it is mainly from reading all the very nice things written about SDL by those who did get to know him as a friend. His reply to Peacemar's birthday wishes to him on December 25th had me in tears.

It sounds like SDL touched many lives with his kindness. I know that I will take note. Sometimes we never know how a kind word or a smile can affect another person. Your many posts paint a picture of what a truly nice man SDL was. May you rest in peace, SDL.

FORT Fogey

What sad news. He was an important part of the board. My prayers are with his family and friends.