Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: LRSC Field Reports

Re: LRSC Field Reports

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3925707;
    Have a safe, wonderful & fun trip tomorrow.

I thought something ws wiggy with the car breaking down because the aerial view showed them breaking down between the lanes & traffic & the concrete barrier. It shows them geting out of the car on a dirt shoulder with trees on the little dirt berm. That sounds about right that they didn't want a classic car veering through the hills. It was also funny that the classic car able to be "fixed" in a few hours.

God speed dear i2d. LRSC & mama...yes, yes, you too Maude.
    Actually older cars were very simple and straightforward to repair. I'm shure in this case it was just to turn the kill switch back on. It had to be a fake breakdown if they moved the car that easily. My friends family had a '59 Caddy like that we took our dates to the prom in more than a few years ago. Great memories!!

BTW why didn't Frank pop the hood?
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3926195;

BTW why didn't Frank pop the hood?
    It wasn't in the script?

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fijibeachbum;3926468;
    It wasn't in the script?
    He probably thought it was more fun to run .7 miles down the freeway, up the onramp, hail a non-existent cab (has anyone ever been in Encino? We don't have cabs - we have an average of 3.6 cars per household...). and take said cab to the Hollywood sign (this is not a Normal Destination, and most cabbies wouldn't take you there)... File this under: I Gotta Bridge for You by M. Fleiss.
    Never put in writing anything you wouldn't mind seeing on the side of a bus.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by in2deep;3927534;
    He probably thought it was more fun to run .7 miles down the freeway, up the onramp, hail a non-existent cab (has anyone ever been in Encino? We don't have cabs - we have an average of 3.6 cars per household...). and take said cab to the Hollywood sign (this is not a Normal Destination, and most cabbies wouldn't take you there)... File this under: I Gotta Bridge for You by M. Fleiss.
    Hah! The only cabs I have seen in the Valley are at the Burbank airport.

I am a terrible sleuther but yesterday happened upon a find. I know we already discussed and saw the beach house in Malibu, but I saw it while at Paradise Cove. I have family/friends visiting and while walking on the beach I spied this house which looked familiar. Sure enough, it was the location for the beach party and is right next door to the Paradise Cove beach area on PCH. I was so excited! It is a great house, right on the beach and gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by in2deep;3927534;
    Ha! Ha! Not only that, but if you're screenwriting, action-packed drama is much better, right?

Love your new avatar!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by pavalygurl;3927666;
    Hah! The only cabs I have seen in the Valley are at the Burbank airport.

I am a terrible sleuther but yesterday happened upon a find. I know we already discussed and saw the beach house in Malibu, but I saw it while at Paradise Cove. I have family/friends visiting and while walking on the beach I spied this house which looked familiar. Sure enough, it was the location for the beach party and is right next door to the Paradise Cove beach area on PCH. I was so excited! It is a great house, right on the beach and gorgeous.

most likely scenario is someone in one of the camera cars used their cell to call a cab.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltT60;3933253;
    most likely scenario is someone in one of the camera cars used their cell to call a cab.

Guess one of the camera men paid for the cab too as I saw no cash exchange hands either!!!
    I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK. They know me here.

LRSC Field Report 6/16/10

BUWF (Best Unsuspecting Work Friend): Are you busy tonight, i2d?
    i2d: Not at all. DUH is still out of town (le sniff). Let’s think of something to do.
    i2d: BUWF, I’ve got it! Let’s throw the top down on LRSC and head out to Paradise Cove!
    BUWF: What a marvelous idea! (Note to self: just like DUH, but without the endearments.) Why don’t you pick me up at my house at 1730?
    Top down, caps and sunglasses for i2d and BUWF (with apologies, it is a bit too warm for scarves). LRSC knows the way. She is awfully glad to have had a proper bath on Saturday. Off the 101 at Kanan Dume Road.
    Slowing down past the mansion, forgetting the 45 MPH speed limit. Passed in the right lane by an Unamused Motorist. Glory be! Activity! LRSC had come quickly upon an unmarked passenger van, which now pulls into the driveway of the mansion. Other vehicles there of minor importance (noticeable lack of limousines, airport transport vans, law enforcement vehicles, or obvious undercover agents such as Mama, Cesar or Paul).
    Past the mansion, onwards to interim destination.
    Scoping Paradise Cove Restaurant for any sign of Java (JAke/ViennA). No sign. May eat in peace. (Note to self #2: Paradise Cove has a distinct lack of Happy Hour. What i2d paid for two drinks, no food, could feed three ravenous teen boys at the golden arches.)
    Relaxed and happy, with the sun going down, i2d and BUWF leave Paradise Cove. A lovely red Corvette has cozied up to LRSC. The only way to get LRSC to agree to leave is to promise another drive past the mansion.
    i2d to cute parking booth attendant: Yes, we are driving with the top down, I knew you were going to ask. We have heated seats and a good heater.
    CPBA: Yes, I was. You are? Are you sure? Won’t your hands get cold?
    i2d: Ah, I have fine leather driving gloves in the glove box for just such an occasion.
    CPBA: You might want to use them.
    i2d: TTFN! (without driving gloves on)
    i2d (nonchalantly): BUWF, do you see those lights on the left? Do you know what that’s for?
    BUWF: No.
    i2d (hardly waiting for a response): They’re filming. That’s where they film The Bachelor.
    BUWF: And The Bachelorette?
    i2d: Yes! And now they’re filming The Bachelor Pad, that potential train wreck of a show with former contestants competing for dates. Unfortunately, i2d does a bit of prattling here. Rolls eyes at her own self.
    Conclusions:
    1. Cost/benefit analysis: drinks and gargantuan appetizers at Paradise Cove worth pulling in another unsuspecting conspirator into the action, and not as expensive as the Beverly Wilshire Hotel.
    2. Deductive Reasoning: Because TPTB would only run the outside lights on when filming ($$$), and the outside lights are on, there is definitely action at the mansion tonight. Unable to ascertain whether pool area is lit, having driven by at approximately 47 mph, without diverting to LRSC’s favorite sleuthing spot.
    3. Straight Math: This would be, if calculations are correct, day 10 of 15 for filming Bachelor Pad.
    4. Things that Make you go Hmmm: They are not quite as concerned about security for this show as for TB. Gates open, pretty casual in the three or four cars just casually left in the driveways.

As always, we remain,
    i2d and LRSC

Thanks for sleuthing The Bachelor Pad in2deep! Did the cars look the same as the ones you saw when The Bachelorette was filming?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3937565;
    Thanks for sleuthing The Bachelor Pad in2deep! Did the cars look the same as the ones you saw when The Bachelorette was filming?
    Hi LoveMe! The cars are all different than during TB filming. No blue caddy, of course, but no signs of any special cars at all (except the nondescript passenger van entering the driveway at approx 6:15 PM). I would guess that these are production crew cars only. I don't think it was late enough for CH or MRS (funny, isn't it? Melissa Rycroft Strickland!) I get the feeling that this is fairly low-budget except for the $250K. They really have to show just the competitions and dates, with some parting thoughts, not necessarily in limos (could be done outside the mansion). All of this just my analysis of a drive-by.