Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: LRSC Field Reports

Re: LRSC Field Reports

AAhhhhh. Now Maude gets a little revenge for not being respected. Unfortunately technology is usually right even as much as we doubt it. Charge her and hook her up for the next report. Looking forward to it I2D.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Sweet Revenge! Maude will feel better after she recharges and will be ready to go sleuthing again!

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

LRSC Field Report 6/2/10

101 Freeway eastbound, between White Oak Avenue and Balboa Blvd. This is i2d's old 'hood, so after recognizing the pictures-in-flowers from the episode, she decided to take a detour... [wait, who decided? LRSC, of course....] on the way from somewhere to another. Analysis (with a not to a certain 'reporter') is the following:
    - the place where they broke down was almost a mile from the nearest onramp. It would have been about 1/4 mile to the following offramp.
    - leaving a car on the freeway is frowned upon by the California Highway Patrol (remember Erik Estrada and CHiPs?) - In fact, you can be ticketed, fined, and/or towed. Besides, if you stay with the car, either the CHP or Freeway Service Patrol will come and try to save you from your own stupidity. Or at least the FSP would look under the flippin' hood....
    - This is the San Fernando Valley. Do you all think we have cabs floating around like in NYC? Not so much. Not at all, really. Even though almost 2 million people live here, I would guess that we have approximately 1.7 cars per person (man, woman, and child). You can only get a cab if you're at a hotel, and sometimes even then you need to call for one. Sometimes it takes about 30 minutes to get a cab after you call for one. And there are no hotels within miles of White Oak Avenue and the 101 freeway. Trust me. None. Or none that TB would want to put on national TV. And this little escapade? None of this would have been so carefree and giggly IRL. Personally, i2d would have been cursing the camera crew (and helicopter) for not helping at all. Or maybe they did call for the cab.

- TPTB just didn't want Ali driving the squirrely roads up to the Hollywood sign in a big boat of a classic car. It's much easier to drive a Ferrari in a straight line in Las Vegas than to drive *anything* up in the Hollywood Hills. Just sayin'. And then, magically, they got the car to Ali when she was up on Mulholland Drive somewhere? OK, sure, whatever you say, Fleissmeister. You trickster, you...

There is some rumor that LRSC and Mama will be out and about Monday.... if Maude doesn't get in the way.
    Never put in writing anything you wouldn't mind seeing on the side of a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by in2deep;3923112;
    LRSC Field Report 6/2/10

101 Freeway eastbound, between White Oak Avenue and Balboa Blvd. This is i2d's old 'hood, so after recognizing the pictures-in-flowers from the episode, she decided to take a detour... [wait, who decided? LRSC, of course....] on the way from somewhere to another. Analysis (with a not to a certain 'reporter') is the following:
    - the place where they broke down was almost a mile from the nearest onramp. It would have been about 1/4 mile to the following offramp.
    - leaving a car on the freeway is frowned upon by the California Highway Patrol (remember Erik Estrada and CHiPs?) - In fact, you can be ticketed, fined, and/or towed. Besides, if you stay with the car, either the CHP or Freeway Service Patrol will come and try to save you from your own stupidity. Or at least the FSP would look under the flippin' hood....
    - This is the San Fernando Valley. Do you all think we have cabs floating around like in NYC? Not so much. Not at all, really. Even though almost 2 million people live here, I would guess that we have approximately 1.7 cars per person (man, woman, and child). You can only get a cab if you're at a hotel, and sometimes even then you need to call for one. Sometimes it takes about 30 minutes to get a cab after you call for one. And there are no hotels within miles of White Oak Avenue and the 101 freeway. Trust me. None. Or none that TB would want to put on national TV. And this little escapade? None of this would have been so carefree and giggly IRL. Personally, i2d would have been cursing the camera crew (and helicopter) for not helping at all. Or maybe they did call for the cab.

- TPTB just didn't want Ali driving the squirrely roads up to the Hollywood sign in a big boat of a classic car. It's much easier to drive a Ferrari in a straight line in Las Vegas than to drive *anything* up in the Hollywood Hills. Just sayin'. And then, magically, they got the car to Ali when she was up on Mulholland Drive somewhere? OK, sure, whatever you say, Fleissmeister. You trickster, you...

There is some rumor that LRSC and Mama will be out and about Monday.... if Maude doesn't get in the way.
    Get us some pictures of Kip!!

They are filming Bachelor Pad at the mansion right?

i2d....I did wonder about the cab in the epidsode. I've only been to CA twice....bad bad memories BUT loved CA....anyway went to Fresno and the second trip from Fresno down coast....loved the coast. Anyway, back on track. I hardly saw a cab the whole time I was there. So, I pretty much figured from early on that it was all staged. Plus...most guys would have looked under the hood...even if they are car stupid...like my DH :-). He would have even looked and pretended to know what he was doing...it's a guy thing he says.

You don't see many cabs here either. I think people pay more for the vehicles than their homes here!!!!! You see them around hotels and downtown but that is about it.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

in2deep, I hope you, LRSC and Maude are around for a very, very long time. I adore your reports: no "Just the facts, Ma'am" from LRSC & Co! I was cracking up over the cab thing. How true, and I wondered about that when the show aired. You get a cab in 30 minutes on your side of town? That's a lot faster than we do on the eastern side of the 'burbs. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable sitting in any of them. Unless I brought Lysol and Purex. Ewww I wondered about the car on Mulholland, too, but I was mainly wondering if they brought armed guards. My dh wanted to "park" in almost that exact spot. I was too scared, lol.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3923364;
    Get us some pictures of Kip!!

They are filming Bachelor Pad at the mansion right?
    That is our understanding. Rumor has it that there may be a bachelor from the current season... at least tomorrow, we'll know who we're looking at if we get inside the Hyatt!

Y'all gotta know that Mamaracci gets a big pat on the back here, 'cuz she's the one who gives me courage! LRSC is pretty much uncontrollable at times (for example, I had to suggest an alternate route to DUH today instead of the 101 so that LRSC would not veer off at Kanan Road...). And Maude, if she stays in her snit, will just try to gum things up.
    Never put in writing anything you wouldn't mind seeing on the side of a bus.

in2 and mama: love it, love it, love it!

in2, fire Maude and hire the British dude.

An aside: if my friend keeps the GPS audio on during known routes, I may go crazier. Maybe, maybe it would be tolerable if there was a Robert Plant, Carl Sagan (RIP), or Bailey White choice...
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Have a safe, wonderful & fun trip tomorrow.

I thought something ws wiggy with the car breaking down because the aerial view showed them breaking down between the lanes & traffic & the concrete barrier. It shows them geting out of the car on a dirt shoulder with trees on the little dirt berm. That sounds about right that they didn't want a classic car veering through the hills. It was also funny that the classic car able to be "fixed" in a few hours.

God speed dear i2d. LRSC & mama...yes, yes, you too Maude.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Yall have fun tomorrow! If you drive by the place Ali stayed first any chance you can clock the miles from her place to the house? I would love to know how far they want us to belive Justin walked to see Ali! Thanks!