Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: LRSC Field Reports

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

Re: LRSC Field Reports

LRSC Field Report 3/13/10

Point of privilege: LRSC does stand for Little Red Sports Car. I2d just gets tired of spelling the whole thing out

More research on bathroom fixtures. More shopping....

03.13.10 0815 hrs i2d goes to breakfast at the original Farmer's Market. Spills the beans about clandestine ops to a friend. A first! Note to producers: this would be a good venue! But you'd have to clear a lot of folks out. Another shopping ruse. i2d shops v, v quickly...

1052 hrs. Finished with breakfast and shopping. Wonderful weather. Throw the top down! Don the sunglasses, scarf and hat! We're off and zooming! LRSC loves driving through the canyon! (Laurel Canyon, for those of you with a map)

1128 hrs LRSC unhappy. Much traffic on the 101 freeway after breakfast and said shopping. Must return home. Cardinal rule: keep the U in DUH.

1148 hrs LRSC not behaving. Refuses to go home. Has heard of problems with Toyotas not slowing, figures she can just refuse to turn right at appropriate offramp. i2d does not want to draw attention to this issue, so does not call California Highway Patrol. Besides, handsfree set is... well... who knows? And calling 911 would certainly result in another violation of the hands free law.... so i2d is at the mercy of LRSC. No reasoning.

1152 LRSC agrees to get off 101 freeway. Allows left turn. Insists on driving 4.2 miles. She is on a mission. I2d relinquishes.

1200 LRSC has satisfied mission. Tall lights gone from front of mansion. At least two white SUVs in driveway, pointed towards street. Upright guard has replace Eskimo and Man of Size. i2d still unable to upload photos.

1238 i2d arrives home. DUH: Where have you been? I was about to get worried! I2d: Shopping! Look at these wonderful teeny clothes (i2d is a sucker for little socks and onesies, apparently), and they were so affordable adorable! DUH: who are they for? Apparently, DUH has forgotten that there is a Baby on approach! Silly DUH...

Waiting to see if i2d can convince DUH to dine in Malibu on Sunday... that will be the Only Chance tomorrow, as DUH's trusty steed was towed to safety late this afternoon. No accident, just a total failure of the electrical system. Maybe some jealousy from all the attention LRSC is getting... sigh.

Sorry we missed the WLH yesterday! It was too early, and i2d was otherwise engaged... we're off to look at the pics next, as it seems that DUH is watching the 2300 news...

Daylight savings time starts tonight, so cruising the mansion next week may or may not yield lights on intelligence. There may not be any lights again until the 2nd RC. I'll check out the possible schedule. Here comes DUH!

FORT Newbie

I don't think the guys go back to the Hyatt. I think they stay in a house on the grounds of the bachelorette house.

On Friday after work I drove past the Hyatt to see if anything was happening and it was pretty quiet. That's why I decided to drive past it today. Besides, it's across the street from my grocery store and I needed something for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaracci;3854317;
    I don't think the guys go back to the Hyatt. I think they stay in a house on the grounds of the bachelorette house.

On Friday after work I drove past the Hyatt to see if anything was happening and it was pretty quiet. That's why I decided to drive past it today. Besides, it's across the street from my grocery store and I needed something for dinner.
    They don't move into the mansion/bunkhouse until Monday, so they will most likely go back to the hotel after the RC later tonight. They won't use limos to go back to the hotel either, so they may go under the radar a little bit. Also, it'll be very early in the morning when they get back to the hotel. I doubt many people will see them.

And in2deep, the next RC will likely be on Thursday. Hope you can find something else to 'shop' for that night.

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3854271;
    I guess they'll have an hour less than normal to film the M&G since it's DST tonight and the sun will rise earlier than normal, right? That means we'll probably get a couple shots of guys talking about being sent home as the suns rising in the background.
    I hate to quote myself, but I'm an idiot. They had the same amount of darkness as the night before, just the time changed. DST or not, they had 12 hours of night to film the M&G and other things for Ep1. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm even a little confused by what point I was trying to make in that post, because looking back at it now it just seems all wrong.

Great work, in2deep and mamaracci!!! You're an awesome team! Covering both locations turned out wonderfully. I admire your bravery to risk being discovered and run off.

i2d (hehe), I have enjoyed your creative writeups. And do I understand that you are preggo? If so, congratulations!, and it should be easy to get out late at night occasionally to make dashes to satisfy irresistable cravings while DUH is sleepy, maybe?

I wonder what the activity at the mansion was about? Prep for the first night's rose winners to move in?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3854399;
    Great work, in2deep and mamaracci!!! You're an awesome team! Covering both locations turned out wonderfully. I admire your bravery to risk being discovered and run off.

i2d (hehe), I have enjoyed your creative writeups. And do I understand that you are preggo? If so, congratulations!, and it should be easy to get out late at night occasionally to make dashes to satisfy irresistable cravings while DUH is sleepy, maybe?

I wonder what the activity at the mansion was about? Prep for the first night's rose winners to move in?
    Thanks, everyone! It's way too fun to be out there...but I would have some 'splainin' to do if DUH caught on...

Sunday morning...Certainly, the guys are out of the Hyatt. 15 in the mansion/bunkhouse. I think there's a building in the front of the property that serves as production space (too much florescent lighting to be living quarters, I think).

It's a glorious day for either a group date or a one-on-one. I wonder where Ali and her chosen are!

LRSC and DUH resting comfortably... after writing this, I'll take LRSC over for a much-deserved bath and buff (extra polish, Capegal!). Now that the rain is over, we'll even put in the new floormats.

Oh, dear... I am not preggo - I'm gonna be a grandma (although I refuse to join AARP)! ... thanks for the congrats anyway - we've all been waiting quite a while. Baby boy is due at the end of May. Son and DIL live about 60 miles away, so LRSC will get lots of trips in.

OK, the next RC is Thursday? More shopping! More research on plumbing! When do we expect them to go to NY?

Over and out until the next field report... see you on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaracci;3854256;
    LRSC: I was looking for you at the WLV Hyatt tonight. The M&G definitely happened tonight as there were 5 limos outside the Hyatt at 5 p.m. when I drove past it. Around 6:15 I went inside and saw the first 5 bachelors being filmed before getting into the limos. I left when a producer-type came over and asked me if I was a guest at the Hyatt and then hung around waiting to confiscate my cell phone, I think! I did get some blurry pictures which I'll post on the screencaps thread.
    OK< so the action I saw Friday night was just a rehearsal and exterior shots?... That might explain the lack of exterior lighting in the back of the house...wow, there is a lot of production on this show. And the action I saw yesterday noon was just prep, too... M&G last night 3/13... off day today Sunday... move in tomorrow? Or today? Doesn't seem to be agreement on this point.

Thanks, Mamaracci! I'm really going to learn how to download pics from my camera!

i'm disappointed. all this time i thought LRSC stood for Little Red Sleuth Coupe. i like it better, i think i'll continue with my delusion.

thanks for all the recon reports! i enjoy living vicariously through those of you able to actually check out the action
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaracci;3854265;
    I couldn't believe that I was the only one there interested in this. Wish I had taken more pictures. I hung around inside and out for 1-1/2 hours waiting for something to happen. (I need a life.)
    This is what a good sluether does! It's a lot of waiting, waiting and more waiting, but you did it! I can't thank you enough.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by in2deep;3853825;
    LRSC Field Report 03.12.10-2

1930 hrs. LRSC has been waiting patiently at i2d's place of employment while DUH whisked i2d off for a few hours.... i2d: Darling, I think I want to see if I can get some more yoga pants at the midnight sale. DUH: they always have pants on sale, buttercup. i2d: I'd like to go tonight, if that's OK with you. Would you like to go? DUH: As you wish. Go, then, but return quickly to me. LRSC calculates. How long does it take to buy a pair of pants? i2d is a Known Dallier, especially during Midnight Sales. It's on... Still no sunglasses (darkness prevails once again), still not running with the top down (LRSC or i2d, thank you very much). Scarf>check. Gloves>check. Rock'n'roll CD>check. Camera>check, but it's in the trunk. And i2d still hasn't downloaded previous photos of mansion... sigh...

1952 hrs. LRSC zoom zooms past the Kanan Dume exit! She's all out! She's headed for... the Hyatt! Slowly past the turn-in. Large person of some official capacity with hands behind back intimidates LRSC from turning in at the valet. i2d explains that it is but the doorman. LRSC finds no comfort in this, and huffs through. No sight of limousines nor bachelors nor frivolity of any description.

2002 hrs. Back on the freeway. Exit Kanan. LRSC eager to score another in the win column. Thinking ahead to tomorrow. No vehicles of any note (long, black) going west, or coming east. Triunfo... lights! Big lights, as last night. But wait...there's more. Standing guard! Gone is the Eskimo! Car pulling in to driveway! Mercedes at driveway near street, pointed towards street. Must indicate quick getaway for agent. One, two, at least three limousines. Black. No further details. Cesar? Challenge to see when speed limit is 45.

2004 hrs. I2d, heart pounding, LRSC, engine purring, pull off at favorite Spy location. Aha! There is something amiss! The exterior of the mansion is lit only in the front. No exterior lights on the rear, including the pool area. Analysis: Must be close to the beginning of the M&G. No cocktail party yet. Consistent with notes from previous expeditions indicating that agent activity goes well into the night.

2008 hrs. LRSC pulls a u-turn and tucks in behind a slowly moving vehicle (40 MPH). One more look down the driveway. Verify limos. Verify surly looking, beefy guard with hat, tall lights, and light in front building.

2028 hrs. Get gas. Preferable to explaining to DUH why we were far from the department store with neither fuel nor brains.

2037 hrs. Leave department store with yoga pants, yoga shirt, several other items that justify 98 minutes in store.

2052 hrs. LRSC delivers i2d safely into the waiting arms of DUH.

2157 hrs. i2d nearly captured while using DUH's computer to report stealth activity.

2210 hrs. sign off. Erase history of activity. Plug in lap top and hard wire next time. DUH thinks i2d is doing research on bathroom fixtures. Good night, and good luck. Stay tuned. LRSC is on a roll. And thank you for your kind comments! from LRSC and i2d
    back at ya. LRSC and i2d are magnifica!