Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: LRSC Field Reports

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

i2d Field Report

i2d Field Report 042610

042510 0745 CDT

Sitting in Midway airport, waiting to return from having gone to meet LRSCNP (LRSC's Newest Passenger) on Friday. It turns out I did not have enough patience to wait to meet him at home.

Attempted to look at every potential previous bachelor arriving for BP. Difficult to do under the best of circumstances, and I am Not That Good with Faces and I get Extremely Shy. Exacerbated by the fact that the entire (yep, entire) Lacrosse Team from Whittier College was on that flight. So they were too young but fairly hunky young men impeding my judgment. Not to production crew: Whittier College Lacrosse grads would be good casting call. Too bad Ali already has her men (and by now may have picked her man!). There was one guy who didn't seem to be on the team, and seemed to be quite gorgeous, and did make eye contact with me, temporarily making me forget about DUH... I didn't recognize him from anywhere other than my dreams....

So, it looks like no bachelors/ettes flying from Chi to LAX via Southwest last night...

LRSC/i2d/Mama gearing up for sleuthing BP when we get intel. Please do share! LRSC herself would like to get "behind the gate" and serve as a date car, a la 1959 baby blue Cadillac spied during Ali's mansion sleuth. Don't worry, production crew, she knows the way to the mansion!
    Never put in writing anything you wouldn't mind seeing on the side of a bus.

Re: LRSC Field Reports

Glad you are home safe I2D. Thanks for checking out all the "bachelors" for us. We appreciate all the hard work you do!

wow, can't believe i missed the update but i had a long weekend. well done!! sounds like it was loads of fun
    _(Moo!)

After a hiatus of over a month, LRSC finally had an outing tonight....

LRSC Field Report 052710

DUH: Are you busy this morning, oh spring flower? (sound of winking)
    i2d: Regrettably, I do need to make some money today, my sweet. I shall go to the office now…sigh. And remember, I am dining this evening with GF SD.
    DUH: oh, well, say hello, and I will eat leftovers. Again. Where are you going?
    i2d: Downtown LA. I don’t know where yet.

i2d has finished a lovely meal at Union Station restaurant with GF SD. Note to self: cheaper, less crowded and more food than the Beverly Wilshire. Must tell TPTB.
    Get into LRSC, who is quite excited about this little adventure. She’s out to find out where Ali and Roberto dine on the helipad. Unfortunately, Maude (the woman in the GPS) has been awakened for her assistance with maps and locations. Maude is still programmed for a restaurant about 6 miles from downtown LA, and i2d has neither the time nor the patience to quiet her or reset the trip. i2d just wants to drive around until she sees Something Useful. And LRSC just wants to drive around. Maude gets quite upset and says the word "recalculating" with increasing irritation.

Quite a bit of circular driving ensues. Up 2nd, over Grand to Temple, around Temple, get to Fig (Figueroa), over to Sunset…looks vaguely like the area where Ali/Roberto tightrope walk, but without GoogleEarth and only a poor b&w copy of the SC, and waning light, not likely to find it for sure. But an idea for later sleuthing. All of this is predicated on the hope that nobody else has done much sleuthing about this, as i2d has Too Much Real World Work to have been on the boards at all today, and not much recently. Darned real world!

LRSC finally has had it with Maude, and releases the seal from the windshield. Maude and her hardware are flung to the floor, nearly escaping being crushed by i2d’s shoe. But, alas, Maude is safe. And quiet. That is quite a relief for both LRSC and i2d. Somehow, after much more circular driving (including getting very close to Dodger Stadium – good thing no game tonight)… ended up on Beaudry Street westbound somewhere between 2nd and 6th Street (Maude is now sitting on the passenger seat, so she is less useful than when hanging off the windshield…). Up the hill and – voila! – there is the building with the vertical light arc! (see SC of A&R on rooftop) And to the right of us, the building formerly the HQ for Union Oil company, and on the roof, what?! A helipad, of course! Further driving reveals 1010 Wilshire Blvd., with a large light bar across the top of the building (again, refer to SC).

LRSC is hummingly happy! i2d is not very warm, as we have had to ride topless, and it is unseasonably cool and a bit misty. LRSC goes to the lit monolith like a moth to a light. Wait. She does not like that analogy. LRSC goes to the building from the photo like the true sleuther she is. Better. [Great. Now my car is a copy editor.]
    The monolithic building turns out to be the new Ritz Carleton Hotel near Staples Center. And tonight turns out to be Game 5 of the Western Championship Basketball Series. At Staples Center. Good thing the game is in full session, or LRSC would have gotten stuck in the Terrible Traffic of crazed sports fans.

Conclusion: rooftop dining takes place in downtown Los Angeles on a helipad (thanks, MR. WRITE and others for helping confirm this). The helipad isn’t too close but in a sightline of both 1010 Wilshire Blvd. and the Ritz Carleton Hotel in downtown LA. Might be Bank of America in downtown. Possibly the former Union Oil HQ on Beaudry.

Intel confirmed otherwise:
    San Pedro Blvd. near 4th Street Bridge is location of BNL video shoot. Conclusion: 4th Street Bridge shot of Ali running is somehow connected. May have shut down bridge for that shot. May have just had a hand held videocam.

And to cast doubt upon a story being told:
    Previews “show” Justin Ego crutching it from the mansion to Ali’s place. It’s over a mile and through two or three tunnels. There are no sidewalks – it’s a rural highway, and traffic goes about 50 mph. Besides all of this, does *anyone* really think the cameraman and PI went on foot with him? Ah, those jokers in production.

i2d writing field report, DUH happily working in his office. All is well in the world.

Until the next time... we remain
    Little Red Sleuth Car and her sidekick, in2deep

And to cast doubt upon a story being told:
    Previews “show” Justin Ego crutching it from the mansion to Ali’s place. It’s over a mile and through two or three tunnels. There are no sidewalks – it’s a rural highway, and traffic goes about 50 mph. Besides all of this, does *anyone* really think the cameraman and PI went on foot with him? Ah, those jokers in production.
    This is the one that cracks me up. I have driven through those tunnels and they are scary (to me) at best. Besides, I don't think the local gendarmes would take kindly to a pedestrian hopping through them.

The preview shot does show him going uphill and on the dirt edge of the road. They probably took footage of him traveling for a few yards then backed up and picked him up only to drop him off at the entrance to Ali's pad. Ahh...film illusion at its finest.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

in2deep, you and LRSC make us feel we are right there with you, sitting atop poor, poor Maude. Thanks so much for the detective work and the giggles! Kudos!
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

i2d you have outdone yourself once again. What fun. Wish we could be there with you.

I2deep, Kindly reassure LRSC's Maude that she has a cousin in NY that has been treated much the same way and I too have noticed that she gets a bit curt when I make a wrong turn and Recalculating starts. I believe I have been threatened to be remanded to a "How to tret your Maude better class", I am not sure since I disconnect her when she gets too upity.

Great job. Now if LRSC has any spoilers drive on over there so we can get updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3916954;
    This is the one that cracks me up. I have driven through those tunnels and they are scary (to me) at best. Besides, I don't think the local gendarmes would take kindly to a pedestrian hopping through them.

The preview shot does show him going uphill and on the dirt edge of the road. They probably took footage of him traveling for a few yards then backed up and picked him up only to drop him off at the entrance to Ali's pad. Ahh...film illusion at its finest.
    That's basically what RS said too. All scripted, he only walked a tad and was driven the rest of the way.

LRSC Field Report 5/30/2010

Note on seat of LRSC:

i2d: Ha. I foiled your attempt to find the location of the tightrope walk. You were 40 feet away, but you and LRSC conspired to kick me to the curb, or, more appropriately, to the floor. Although I did manage to avoid being crushed like a grape. If you hadn't first rescued me, but then banished me to the passenger seat, I would have told you to JUST LOOK LEFT instead of making a U-turn. You were right there. And you missed it.

Next time, tell LRSC to swallow her pride and take some advice. I could have been your ally. (Notice how much that sounds like ALI?)

I will be pouting for two days, so I need recharging.

I mean all of this.

Maude