Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: LRSC Field Reports

Re: LRSC Field Reports

Have a great time & be careful. Have a list of excuses in case you're questioned by anyone. I have a few that you may be able to use.

1. reviewing hotel for your blog...good excuse for taking photos too.
    2. friend from out of town asked you to take a look into hotels for upcoming reunion/reception/ party (also would explain the camera)
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

LRSC Field Report 042210

1709 LRSC impatient. i2d still in office due to unexpected flurry of activity surrounding critical activity 042310 - i2d must travel to visit new grandson . LRSC had been holding out to accompany i2d, but, alas, she is Too Small.

1742 LRSC/i2d arrive at designated parking lot and pick up Mama. Scarves and sunglasses employed. Strategy discussed. Freeway decent, as this trip is against prevailing traffic.

1618 Arrive in Beverly Hills. At least 14 City of BH police vehicles responding to activity. Although curious, LRSC is not allowed to join the pursuit. [That is two strikes, i2d!] i2d reminds LRSC that they are on a Grand Adventure, thank you very much.

1627 Score! Parking in public lot.

1637 Mama takes photo of hotel exterior. i2d keeps anonymity.

Mama: Where should we enter the hotel?
    i2d: We could go through the entrance up here on the right.

Sleuthing begins! The place is thick as thieves with folks, many of them Beautiful People. Mama and i2d scope the restaurants and bars, hoping to spot Jillian, who is in town (rumour has it). Apparently, fancy hotels give LRSC the thought of writing in the Queen's English.

1802 Julie (hotel hall monitor): Can I help you ladies?
    Mama: Oh, we're just in town, looking for a venue for our sister's 50th birthday party.
    i2d: She doesn't know anything about it. We think we'll have about 30 people. But I don't suppose there's anyone to show us around so late in the day. That's a pity because I have to leave in the morning.
    Julie: Oh, where are you from?
    i2d: Chicago, and I have to return because new grandson arrived while I was here!
    Julie: Oh, congratulations (and a bit of gushing) Well, if you take these stairs to the top, there is a function room. You could look inside it, even though they are setting up for an event.
    Up the stairs iM go. Photo of lobby. Room looks too cavernous for RC, signage indicates some irrelevance... Down the stairs.
    Mama: That was lovely! Is there another room, Julie, perhaps more intimate?
    Julie: Well, we do have the Royal Suite. It was actually a residence for many years, and when the woman died, we took over the suite for small events. We even film The Bachelor there! It's on the eighth floor. I have an event there tonight, or I'd be glad to show you.... [prattle prattle prattle]
    i2d: Oh, thank you! I think we'll stop in and have a drink in the bar....

iM stagger through the lobby, through one bar, out Wilshire Blvd, back through the ally, notice all the limos coming for gala (see upthread). Wander into bar with best view of alley and limos. i2d is asked if she and Mama are here for a screenwriter's workshop. The irony is not lost on i2d.

After a small nibble and drink, with texting to Mama's DH (and not to DUH, but to son re: plane reservations), iM returns to hallway, hoping Julie is on her walkabout patrol. No Julie. i2d heads up the stairs. At mezzanine, she punches elevator button. Mama: Where are you going? i2d: up to the 8th floor, of course!

8th floor, nobody looking. Out to the Royal Suite. Mama tugs at the door, which opens. [Note to self: bring defibulator on future sleuthing, and change of clothes.] Mama and i2d wander innocently into former residence of mysterious wealthy woman. No bachelors present. Ascertain that there is food in one of the rooms, and that there are plenty of nooks to take bachelors to for small talk. Black and white harlequin floor (see Jillian screen shots).

Leave Royal Suite. To other end of hall, where two guards (not wearing hotel badges) sit on rather uncomfortable chairs. Overheard: "They should be back in 15 minutes."
    Mama: Hello. We are looking for a party room.
    Guard: Oh. I don't know about that. I think there's a room at the other end of the hall.
    Mama: Oh, the Royal Suite. Yes, but we were wondering if there is another room.
    Guard: [irrelevant comment]

2132 Time to leave hotel! i2d has yet to book 0700 ticket to Chicago....

Conclusions:
    1. RC probably not held 0422 - at least not in the Royal Suite; it would have had to begun before 1800 hrs and end by 2100 hrs., and they are not known for early evening soirees.
    2. If held in the other end of the 8th floor, the guards are somewhat casual...
    3. RC may be 042310, possibly at BW. Calling all lurkers from LA - this is your big chance to sleuth Friday evening!
    4. Casting directors might want to cruise the bars at this hotel. Many young and beautifuls here.

End note:
    Parking in Beverly Hills Public lot after 6 PM: $3.00
    4 Kobe beef sliders (approximately the size of a king'ed checkers stack, plus a cloth napkin holding probably the best onion rings known to man, plus 3 glasses of Ferarri Carano chardonnay (yes, as in fast cars), before tip: $82.00
    Getting the hotel staff to volunteer info to two undecover agents for FORT: priceless.

LRSC must stay home with DUH to get wheel alignment. i2d 2 minutes late now in leaving to meet GS. Will be out of pocket until 042610.

Mama will post photos soon.

Thank you all for your encouragement and willingness to post bail money.
    Never put in writing anything you wouldn't mind seeing on the side of a bus.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by in2deep;3883955;
    LRSC Field Report 042210

End note:
    4 Kobe beef sliders (approximately the size of a king'ed checkers stack, plus a cloth napkin holding probably the best onion rings known to man, plus 3 glasses of Ferarri Carano chardonnay (yes, as in fast cars), before tip: $82.00
    Getting the hotel staff to volunteer info to two undecover agents for FORT: priceless.

LRSC must stay home with DUH to get wheel alignment. i2d 2 minutes late now in leaving to meet GS. Will be out of pocket until 042610.

MASTERFULLY done, In2Deep and Mamaracci!!!!

Thanks for making the trip out and, while no Bachelors/ette were in sight, it sounds like you both had a thoroughly entertaining time. I'm glad you both made it home safe and sound, with no late-night phone calls needing to be made for bail money. Safe travels to see LRSCNP (LRSC's Newest Passenger).

P.S. -- A special thanks to the hotel staff who unwittingly gave you some answers. I hope they don't get in trouble for it.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Loved this I2D and Mama. Great job. I'm thinking we need to take up a collection for expenses You made me laugh right out loud (at work even) with the spare clothes comment

Thanks for the wonderful effort and priceless commentary

End note:

This whole report is the absolute best yet. So sorry that you couldn't see any bachelors. What a thrill going upstairs by yourself must have been after sleuthing out the probable site for a RC on the 8th floor. I think the whole report is priceless.

Cheers to you both: In2Deep and Mamaracci!!!!
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

FORT Fan

Great report! I can imagine the butterflies as you opened the door to the "Royal Suite!"

Awesome report and I can't believe you just walked into the suite!! That is awesome. Something tells me that if they had been filiming - you would have never reached the door!

Now - I know that last year Jake had a watch on during filiming of that RC - and his watch said he entered the room with Ali around 10:30 - 11:00 and she left around 1:30 - of course that was a few months ago so I don't really remember the exact times. So anyone checking it out - I would imagine filming happens around 10:00-12:00 for the 4-3 RC.

Quote Originally Posted by in2deep;3883955;
    LRSC Field Report 042210

1709 LRSC impatient. i2d still in office due to unexpected flurry of activity surrounding critical activity 042310 - i2d must travel to visit new grandson . LRSC had been holding out to accompany i2d, but, alas, she is Too Small.

1742 LRSC/i2d arrive at designated parking lot and pick up Mama. Scarves and sunglasses employed. Strategy discussed. Freeway decent, as this trip is against prevailing traffic.

1618 Arrive in Beverly Hills. At least 14 City of BH police vehicles responding to activity. Although curious, LRSC is not allowed to join the pursuit. [That is two strikes, i2d!] i2d reminds LRSC that they are on a Grand Adventure, thank you very much.

1627 Score! Parking in public lot.

1637 Mama takes photo of hotel exterior. i2d keeps anonymity.

Mama: Where should we enter the hotel?
    i2d: We could go through the entrance up here on the right.

Sleuthing begins! The place is thick as thieves with folks, many of them Beautiful People. Mama and i2d scope the restaurants and bars, hoping to spot Jillian, who is in town (rumour has it). Apparently, fancy hotels give LRSC the thought of writing in the Queen's English.

1802 Julie (hotel hall monitor): Can I help you ladies?
    Mama: Oh, we're just in town, looking for a venue for our sister's 50th birthday party.
    i2d: She doesn't know anything about it. We think we'll have about 30 people. But I don't suppose there's anyone to show us around so late in the day. That's a pity because I have to leave in the morning.
    Julie: Oh, where are you from?
    i2d: Chicago, and I have to return because new grandson arrived while I was here!
    Julie: Oh, congratulations (and a bit of gushing) Well, if you take these stairs to the top, there is a function room. You could look inside it, even though they are setting up for an event.
    Up the stairs iM go. Photo of lobby. Room looks too cavernous for RC, signage indicates some irrelevance... Down the stairs.
    Mama: That was lovely! Is there another room, Julie, perhaps more intimate?
    Julie: Well, we do have the Royal Suite. It was actually a residence for many years, and when the woman died, we took over the suite for small events. We even film The Bachelor there! It's on the eighth floor. I have an event there tonight, or I'd be glad to show you.... [prattle prattle prattle]
    i2d: Oh, thank you! I think we'll stop in and have a drink in the bar....

iM stagger through the lobby, through one bar, out Wilshire Blvd, back through the ally, notice all the limos coming for gala (see upthread). Wander into bar with best view of alley and limos. i2d is asked if she and Mama are here for a screenwriter's workshop. The irony is not lost on i2d.

After a small nibble and drink, with texting to Mama's DH (and not to DUH, but to son re: plane reservations), iM returns to hallway, hoping Julie is on her walkabout patrol. No Julie. i2d heads up the stairs. At mezzanine, she punches elevator button. Mama: Where are you going? i2d: up to the 8th floor, of course!

8th floor, nobody looking. Out to the Royal Suite. Mama tugs at the door, which opens. [Note to self: bring defibulator on future sleuthing, and change of clothes.] Mama and i2d wander innocently into former residence of mysterious wealthy woman. No bachelors present. Ascertain that there is food in one of the rooms, and that there are plenty of nooks to take bachelors to for small talk. Black and white harlequin floor (see Jillian screen shots).

Leave Royal Suite. To other end of hall, where two guards (not wearing hotel badges) sit on rather uncomfortable chairs. Overheard: "They should be back in 15 minutes."
    Mama: Hello. We are looking for a party room.
    Guard: Oh. I don't know about that. I think there's a room at the other end of the hall.
    Mama: Oh, the Royal Suite. Yes, but we were wondering if there is another room.
    Guard: [irrelevant comment]

2132 Time to leave hotel! i2d has yet to book 0700 ticket to Chicago....

Conclusions:
    1. RC probably not held 0422 - at least not in the Royal Suite; it would have had to begun before 1800 hrs and end by 2100 hrs., and they are not known for early evening soirees.
    2. If held in the other end of the 8th floor, the guards are somewhat casual...
    3. RC may be 042310, possibly at BW. Calling all lurkers from LA - this is your big chance to sleuth Friday evening!
    4. Casting directors might want to cruise the bars at this hotel. Many young and beautifuls here.

End note:

Ya'll are the BEST!!! I think hands down this is my favorite part of the Bachelorette season!!!! Thanks for sharing your time, your adventures and your wit. Truly funny women!!

FORT Fanatic

Next outing, you might need a nitro tablet for under the tongue, and depends. You girls are a hoot. Love every word. Thanks for taking the time. Enjoy the new grandson.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by krrj;3884024;
    Ya'll are the BEST!!! I think hands down this is my favorite part of the Bachelorette season!!!! Thanks for sharing your time, your adventures and your wit. Truly funny women!!
    I2D, you and LRSC have absolutely made this the best pre-season yet. I could hardly wait to get to work, log in and read your report.