Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: LRSC Field Reports

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

Re: LRSC Field Reports

Seems like we're getting close (next week?) to the F4/F3 RC in LA. I'm going to contact a friend who used to write for TV Guide and see if she is up for dinner in Beverly Hills next Thursday. I probably can't go Friday, as DUH would become Actively Suspicious of a Friday evening without him. Especially since the movers come Saturday
    Never put in writing anything you wouldn't mind seeing on the side of a bus.

LRSC Field Report 041610

1710 hrs DUH: Calabasita, you are too young to know this. When baby has a new pair of shoes [and really, he's talking about new tires for LRSC], and the weather is perfect, it is required to take a drive and go out to dinner.
    i2d: Sigh... you do such a good job of taking care of me, darling. Thank you for getting new tires! Tell me all about them....when we're driving... Can we drive twisty bits with new tires?
    DUH: I don't see why not! Where shall we go?
    i2d: Well... [eliminated several options] How about out to... nah... it wouldn't work [reverse psychology] Paradise Cove?
    DUH: Why couldn't we go? We have never been there for dinner!
    LRSC loves this. She is perfectly ready, and they set out on a minor adventure.

DUH: what is our exit, cara mia?
    i2d: Kanan Road, of course, mi amor...

1805 It is light still, and DUH is driving. So i2d is able to ascertain that there is only minor activity at the mansion - north gate is open, appears to be activity in the barn/production office. Nobody here really suspected anything else, so there is no surprise.

1812 i2d cannot twist around enough to see 420. Well, we know what it is like.

1923 i2d: That was such a lovely dinner. Let's keep the postcard (scan coming!). And may we walk south a bit, it is still such lovely weather, before heading back home?
    DUH: of course, my little oyster.
    Walk confirms positively the previous intel from Google Earth that the SCs of the Malibu shot were taken from south of Paradise Cove Restaurant. Score!

1940 Parking lot attendant to DUH: Are you sure you want to drive with the top down? It's getting cool and the sun is setting! DUH: Absolutely! That's why we have heated seats!

DUH, i2d and LRSC head south on PCH for the last of the sun... passing venue from photo shoot, confirming it is not visible from street.

Today, i2d will set the stage for dinner away from DUH on 4/22... seeking to break the 4/3 RC....

FORT Fan

I2D - I can hardly wait for the RC to be back in CA (hopefully). Just so I can read another of your LRSC reports. You have me in stitches each time your write. Keep it up - and by the way, have you considered writing for a living, as in books, etc.?

I2D - thank you so much!!! I so enjoy your reports!!!!

LRSC Field Report 042010

i2d: DUH, I'm having dinner with SY Thursday night.
    DUH: What? SY? Drats! Drats! I miss her! [clearly, DUH is looking to be invited] [note clear lack of endearing terms]
    i2d: [silence] Well, this is just a girls' dinner. Maybe friend DS [whom DUH does not know] will also join us.... We'll make plans to see SY and MY soon, I promise.
    DUH does not say much else, as he knows i2d gets a bit...choose your adjective... grumpy?...when he objects to girl-time.

After this convo, i2d spends extra time with DUH. He will now be happy eating leftovers on Thursday while the girls sleuth.

So, the stage is set. i2d/LRSC will pick up Mama on Thursday and head to BH, scarves, sunglasses, and camera at the ready. TPTB probably will not change the venue based on this board ...
    Last edited by in2deep; 04-21-2010 at 04:01 PM. Reason: misspelling

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by in2deep;3882405;
    LRSC Field Report 042010

i2d: DUH, I'm having dinner with SY Thursday night.
    DUH: What? SY? Drats! Drats! I miss her! [clearly, DUH is looking to be invited] [note clear lack of endearing terms]
    i2d: [silence] Well, this is just a girls' dinner. Maybe friend DS [whom DUH does not know] will also join us.... We'll make plans to see SY and MY soon, I promise.
    DUH does not say much else, as he knows i2d gets a bit...choose your adjective... grumpy?...when he objects to girl-time.

After this convo, i2d spends extra time with DUH. He will now be happy eating leftovers on Thursday while the girls sleuth.

So, the stage is set. i2d/LRSC will pick up Mama on Thursday and head to BH, scarves, sunglasses, and camera at the ready. TPTB probably will not change the venue based on this board ...
    Ohh..the Dynamic Duo is ready to go--YAY!! Am keeping my fingers crossed that you ladies will strike gold!! Maybe you should disguise yourselves in black & white and if you need to go to various hotels, you'll fit right in.

My guess is they'll be sending Caesar and his other minions out to patrol the borders and keep the hotel secure. But I have faith in you ladies and know you'll be able to pull a Sidney Bristow (for all you Alias fans!) and will get yourselves in.

Can't wait to hear how it goes!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

in2deep you are one smooth talker (thinker)! Good job setting the stage for the girls night out.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Just a heads up--- are you aware of this special event? America The Story of Us — HISTORY is coming to a city near you! — History.com Actually, it's a good thing cause it gives a perfect excuse to be nosing around.

Anxious to read your report!

FORT Fogey

i2d and mama-- hope you two have a great time! Be careful, look like you know what you're doing and get a way with some pics for us!! Can't wait to hear about your escapades!

FORT Fan

Entertaining read i2d, you have a real talent. Congratulations on your grandchild!