Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: LRSC Field Reports

Re: LRSC Field Reports

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3859335;
    This is the place both Jason and Jake stayed during their seasons:

View Property - Malibu Locations - Representing Homes For Film, TV & Print

There's no address on that page, but it's in Malibu and it's supposedly very close to the Bachelor Mansion. If Ali's not staying with the guys in the mansion, she's most likely here.
    Not too shabby! I'd be roughing it, but I'd stay there. Thanks for the links.

Seriously, though, that's the place that I was thinking about (where Jake stayed). I guess I've conveniently blocked out Jason's season and forgot that he stayed there, too.

Maybe someone local could make an inquiring phone call or send an email to get the address for a drive-by?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaracci;3859226;

The picture of our hats is to prove we were really there.

Sorry, the people shots were hard to get ... only property shots. I2D and I had a great time sleuthing. Hopefully we'll be able to do it again before they leave So Cal.

Does anyone know where the Bachelorette lives while they're filming? If the bachelors are in the house, she's got to be off-site somewhere.

"The picture of our hats is to prove we were really there."

Hats off to you - all puns intended - for the excellent sleuthing work. Way to go! I love this screencap.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3859335;
    This is the place both Jason and Jake stayed during their seasons:

View Property - Malibu Locations - Representing Homes For Film, TV & Print

There's no address on that page, but it's in Malibu and it's supposedly very close to the Bachelor Mansion. If Ali's not staying with the guys in the mansion, she's most likely here.
    Just noticed that one of the photos on the link shows the front gate and it has the address of "430"; we just need the street name now. It's the second to the last photo when you scroll down.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3859345;
    Just noticed that one of the photos on the link shows the front gate and it has the address of "430"; we just need the street name now. It's the second to the last photo when you scroll down.
    Good catch, I wasn't even looking for that.
    It's on 430 Kanan Rd, just down the street from the mansion.
    2 miles down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by in2deep;3859318;
    i2d Supplementary Report 032110 0408 hrs

Submitted by i2d, as LRSC (as are most reasonable people) is asleep.

Confession: may need 12-step program to recover from sleuthing addiction.

0320 was a difficult day regarding reporting for several reasons:
    - Sometimes, DUH is Very Present and Unusually Interested in i2d's activities. Having DUH in the kitchen while i2d was on laptop, also in kitchen, made i2d very nervous.
    - Hardware. Another day of hardware, this one out and about.
    - Preparation for LA Marathon. LRSC/i2d went through Topanga Canyon down to Santa Monica. That is one of LRSC's favorite drives, and she knows it well. No, LRSC is not the lead car for the Marathon although don't give her any ideas. i2d is not running either (although yesterday i2d thought she might have to beat her fastest time from high school in the 100 yard dash). i2d does throw a party for her friends who do run the marathon, though. LRSC stays home b/c she does not have large carrying capacity. Sigh, there are tradeoffs for everything. Maybe DUH will take LRSC to get new shoes today! LRSC loves to dream...

Once i2d and LRSC were home from Santa Monica, it was time for a fashionably late dinner, and then... well, i2d was unable to keep her eyes open to post more photos. But mama had already done so.

Just checked ability to paste photos into these screens. All I seem to be able to do is capture thumbnails. So the rest of the photos mama sent will be teeny - hopefully, one of you wonderful sleuthers will blow them up and repost.

Points to clarify from yesterday:

- Scout Master actually drove his truck up the road we were on. We had no way to escape. It would have looked Very Suspicious had we ducked, or run, or done anything other than and :smile. Yep, had to put on that hubris and act like we (instead of he) owned the place. Had we been less cool about it, he might have been totally peeved.

- We did not laugh. No, no, no... no laughter, except maybe some nervous laughter at the fact that we had pulled it off. It was more OMG, missed a bullet, and sighs of relief. Adrenaline, indeed. i2d did not need any more coffee, and had a hard time speaking even an hour later when DUH was requiring intelligent conversation.

- We did take a bit of a car ride before going to the mansion. We wanted to see, Noobsleuth, where the florist was on Sierra Road (I think that's it). No florist, unless they are in the same location as the little coffee shop on the corner. That is a short road, and goes over to Mulholland. We turned on Mulholland and came to this little town I had never heard of - Cornell. Mama had been there eons ago for brunch. It is so cleverly hidden and random - maybe that is where Ali stays? If anyone has a SC of previous bach's places, please send them along. Sanlee? I just tried to see if there is anyplace advertised online to stay there, and it doesn't appear so. Which, of course, to the sleuther, means all the more possibility that she might be there! Warped logic, but hey, it's the middle of the night.

OK, I know: you want more photos.

i2d

Adding to LRSC playlist: They're Coming to Take Me Away....

Watch for thumbnails.
    I can't believe how close to the mansion you two got. i2d and mama, you are both AMAZING!!

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3859340;
    For those of us who like a visual aid, here's an aerial view of the mansion.

1: The mansion itself.
    2: The bunkhouse
    3: Who's house is this, and how can we become their friend?
    It seemed to be vacant yesterday - we could see into the the main room - looked awfully empty. That's why mama babbled something about we're looking at the house next door, too... Scout Master seemed to buy the whole.... fabrication....

Velvetred, I saw the same thing! Looking for 430 while eating breakfast.
    Never put in writing anything you wouldn't mind seeing on the side of a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by in2deep;3859350;
    It seemed to be vacant yesterday - we could see into the the main room - looked awfully empty. That's why mama babbled something about we're looking at the house next door, too... Scout Master seemed to buy the whole.... fabrication....

It's on the same road as the mansion. Just 2 miles down. 430 Kanan Rd.
    You've probably been driving right by it this entire time. But I think it may be hard to see from the road, it looks like it's on one of those small cliffs.

FORT Fanatic

Evidence Do Not Touch

Noted, one muddy tan colored base ball cap

Noted, one blue base ball cap.

Quote Originally Posted by in2deep;3859350;

I thought you were going to be out of pocket all day from sleuthing. But of course, you just meant offline. Wish I was local or I'd be helping.

Thanks, Cash, for nailing that street info down. I also thought, from the photos, that the location probably needed a better vantage point than the front entrance.

This is so much fun!

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3859351;
    It's on the same road as the mansion. Just 2 miles down. 430 Kanan Rd.
    You've probably been driving right by it this entire time. But I think it may be hard to see from the road, it looks like it's on one of those small cliffs.
    LOL we never get that far down the road! We always stop at LRSC's lookout! Next time...
    Never put in writing anything you wouldn't mind seeing on the side of a bus.