Page 88 of 130 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Potential Contestants***

Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Potential Contestants***

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Reb;3864460;
    I thought it amazing someone I know from Mississippi is on this show, and now I see a fellow Rebel in the bunch. Just curious if either Ty B, who graduated from Mississippi State, and Jonathan, who appears to have graduated from Ole Miss, will be able to make it to Madison Square Garden on Tuesday night to watch Ole Miss take on Dayton in their semifinal game of the NIT.

“Hotty Totty Go Rebs!” Sorry couldn’t help my self there for a moment.

I can’t believe I have never watched this show before and now have two different guys to root for.

Ty B is still my first pick, given we grew up in the same town, and now I guess Jonathan will be a close second.
    From Jonathan's Bio on the station website:
    "Jonathan earned a certification in broadcast meteorology from Mississippi State University."
    So I guess both he and Ty went to the same school. I don't know how long it takes to get that meteorology certificate, but it would be too funny if they were there at the same time.

Fort Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3864462;
    From Jonathan's Bio on the station website:
    "Jonathan earned a certification in broadcast meteorology from Mississippi State University."
    So I guess both he and Ty went to the same school. I don't know how long it takes to get that meteorology certificate, but it would be too funny if they were there at the same time.
    I did find Jonathan getting his broadcast meteorology degree from Ole Miss a little odd. Not even sure they have one or not, but State is certainly well known for that degree in these parts. Oh well, I guess I have two DAWGS in the hunt now.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by theboies;3864455;
    I am sorry that some people take a persons like for music as a reason for them to be on the show so that they can make a career out of it. I know for fact that Ty is in no way on the show to showcase his music. Yes he does play the guitar, but he is not a W. He is on the show for the right reason and that is to find lasting love. If you think about the amount of people that have been on the show over the years that play the guitar. I can only name 2 that were there for their career. Just on Jillian's season alone you had Michael, Ried and Wes, that we know of. There might of been others as well. And I am sure you will find that you like Ty just as much as Jonathan and Kirk. Jonathan isn't the only one with a great sense of humor. You haven't seen any of the others yet. So I am not going to accuse someone for being on the show for the wrong reason, when I don't even know the person. I am hoping Ali has a great group of guys, and we will like them all.

I am not ready to throw any of them out for a lack of a sense of humor since we haven't even seen any of them yet.

On the other hand, we might do well to remember as we did last season that although this group looks really good , we have not seen them in action yet. Perceptions can change very quickly once we actually see them, and we will do well to remember that with 6 guys we are going to get some poor edits - that is Fleiss for you... He is going to make sure it happens.

The information that is coming in is valuable and welcome. While we highly desire those sources of information, another thing to keep in mind is that we also have to recognize that by nature those sources are somewhat biased as they are usually close to the contestant in some way. Therefore, we take the info, examine it, extrapolate from it what we think is pertinent, collect it, but find that it is really only in retrospect that we can evaluate the info for what we think it is worth.
    For instance, although it did not end well, Byron was with Mary for 5 years, and yet there were all kinds of sources of info that came in on Byron (as he was introduced on the show) that spoke to his past behavior and to the fact that he was on the Bachelor to further his career as a pro fisherman.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

It's just too soon to pick any favorities. There are 18 we know nothing about. Let's wait till the whole group are released to decide. I agree that we know a lot about a few very early and that some seem to have gone a long way according to your sleuthing. Congratulations on that accomplishment. But TPTB are hiding a few and they just might be better than those we know about. In addition none of us really knows Ali all that well yet. Who will she choose? I'll be waithing to make my choices.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by theboies;3864455;
    I am sorry that some people take a persons like for music as a reason for them to be on the show so that they can make a career out of it. I know for fact that Ty is in no way on the show to showcase his music. Yes he does play the guitar, but he is not a W. He is on the show for the right reason and that is to find lasting love.
    I didn't mean to imply that either of the Ty's were on the show for the wrong reasons. At all. I was just trying to point out that Ali is really ambitious and will probably prefer a man who is highly educated and well-established professionally. Unless she falls madly in love and throws caution to the wind, which I surely hope she does!

FORT Fanatic

As it is as of now, we have only been lucky to get information on just a few of the guys. They all seem very well educated, funny and with good character. I believe Ali just might have a tougher time picking the final 1, than what she ever imagined. At first I was concerned about TPTB getting her quality guys, but now I know there will be ample amount of quality, good looks, and awesome bodies. So we will all have a favorite I am sure within a weeks time. I am sure we are all looking forward to a fantastic season for sure. I wish Ali and all the guys the best in love, and life.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;3864508;
    I didn't mean to imply that either of the Ty's were on the show for the wrong reasons. At all. I was just trying to point out that Ali is really ambitious and will probably prefer a man who is highly educated and well-established professionally. Unless she falls madly in love and throws caution to the wind, which I surely hope she does!

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3863976;
    Me and hate2love will keep our eyes and ears open if Kasey makes it.

I betcha they go to Yosemite National Park to check out the Ansel Adams Gallery and site-see all the Falls and El Capitan before meeting the parents.
    If they go to Yosemite, I think they might also do some hiking - Sentinel Dome?
    It wouldn't be too hard for a camera to follow them up there. I posted earlier that they might have dinner/meet the parents at the Ahwahnee. This certainly looks like the most scenic bachelorette ever (in more than one way ).
    Never put in writing anything you wouldn't mind seeing on the side of a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3864397;
    Yeah, but what is Ali's true intention? She apparently applied for other reality shows before getting TB/Jake and now TBette. Just saying.
    Some keep saying that Ali applied to other reality shows, but is there any proof of that? If she did, I would just say, so what? I'm not saying she didn't, but with her being so career minded, that sounds so out of character for her. I just hope she has a successful season as The Bachelorette.

Now......can someone post the ages of the bachelors that we know are on the show and where they live? Remember, Ali is attracted to "older guys" according to a friend. I took that to mean in their late 20's or 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3864538;
    Some keep saying that Ali applied to other reality shows, but is there any proof of that? If she did, I would just say, so what? I'm not saying she didn't, but with her being so career minded, that sounds so out of character for her. I just hope she has a successful season as The Bachelorette.

Now......can someone post the ages of the bachelors that we know are on the show and where they live? Remember, Ali is attracted to "older guys" according to a friend. I took that to mean in their late 20's or 30's.
    I don't know what would constitute "proof", other than Ali's own admission or copies of her applications.

Understand that I think the show (and TB) are not "real" in the sense of the supposed concept of everyone going on the shows to find love and marriage. I think it's sheer lunacy to become engaged after spending just 40 (?) total hours alone with someone in the "bubble", especially when the group of candidates were selected (cast) by a television show.

Of these potential contestants, which ones will be there for "the right reason"? And my point was that even Ali may not be there for "the right reason".

It'll be fun to watch for entertainment and eye candy, though. That's where I'm coming from.

So far I'm liking Craig, Ty B, Kirk, and Kasey (in no particular order). For me, their personalities (and those of the other 21 or whatever) will be more important to the watchability factor. But I'll need to keep reminding myself that it isn't "real", and they were cast for roles, manipulated or even scripted, and editted down to what's aired.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Jonathan was still MIA from the morning weather report today. Don't know if he's home, but at least he's not back at work.