Thread: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Potential Contestants***

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Potential Contestants***

Originally Posted by loveONtv View Post
    I'm sorry to have upset anyone. I didn't realize that my opinion and what I have heard from all sorts of people would cause such an uproar. I just saw that 99% of what everyone has come up with - whether it be the contestant coming home, job information, past relationships - has been speculation, so i thought my information would be somewhat reliable and my opinion somewhat entertaining. You are all entitled to judge for yourselves once the show starts. I had no idea that my personal experience with someone is less valid than what is posted on someone's fan page on FB - which is managed by family and friends. I thought that maybe having some info of who someone is when a camera isn't in their face would be interesting to all of you. So, before people start personally attacking me and hurting my feelings, I will back off and let you enjoy the show. Please accept my apologies.
    Better not to take things personal on the board. I do not think one perrson was directing anything at you personally. It does get really nasty on the boards, and I find it sad when it starts this early... as it gets worse.

All the contestants are on the show for an adventure, maybe they will find love, maybe not, but they are all in for the ride. Even Ali is. Makes no difference who Ty or any of the otherr contestants are.

Do you know Ty personally or is your opinion from all sorts of people as you stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3872230;
    I agree that the speculation be on another thread. It clogs up the sluething with pages and pages of peoples, desires, fantasies and wish list. After a while, it is hard to find the sleuthing information with all the fan mail.
    I soooo agree with this. Some people come on to catch up and they get so lost because a poster has all these fantasies, wish lists, and fun talk about what "might" be going on. If no sluething has led to us thinking they are in the Bahamas then the Bahamas and pictures and locations there should not be discussed...at least not in the sluething tread.

Quote Originally Posted by loveONtv;3870767;
    First of all, I don't want to give the impression that I'm some scorned woman from Ty's past! I have just watched him cause a lot of turmoil in the few years he's lived in Nashville.
    I will say that Ty's ex wife is a singer/songwriter who had a record deal when they got married. Many people voiced a concern that he was trying to get closer to the spotlight by marrying her. I also know that he had been approached a few years ago about going on the bachelor but his girlfriend put her foot down, so I would assume he could have gone into this not even knowing who Ali was! Another rumor from close to his camp is he said he didn't want to win, he just wanted to get far enough along to be the next Bachelor! I WILL say that I have not heard him say any of this, and that is all told to me from friends who have either heard it from him or his family. He's a sweet-talker and can be very charming - but is a perfectionist and expects it in return (or "demands" would be a better word).
    I'm very interested to see how he presents his music career and marriage/divorce on the show. I'll be happy to enlighten y'all on the truthfulness of it! I'm also interested to see how all of you feel about him once you watch.
    I just want to say that I appreciate your comments loveONtv. Rumors will fly as the one you heard that said he didn't want to win, he just wanted to get far enough along to be the next Bachelor! Some are true and some are not but at least you were honest to say that you you have not heard him say any of this, and that is all told to you from friends who have either heard it from him or his family. In my opinion it is probably true then. Every season there is a guy who is "there for the wrong reasons" You said in your previous post that you are very interested to see how he presents his music career and marriage/divorce on the show. Funny thing is he won't get to present it exactly how he wants. It will be more interesting to see how the show presents Ty. I'm calling it now...he will be the one there for the wrong reasons or at the wrong time. If he is a good sweet-talker and can be very charming then that is why he is still there.
    If he is a perfectionist and expects it in return then maybe him and Ali will hit it off. I'm not saying that she is a perfectionist...I'm just saying that she is presented as doing the right things...making the right choices (holding onto career). She didn't go on the Bachelor to find love...sakes she didn't even think to make it as far as she did. It will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by hate2love;3872267;
    I soooo agree with this. Some people come on to catch up and they get so lost because a poster has all these fantasies, wish lists, and fun talk about what "might" be going on. If no sluething has led to us thinking they are in the Bahamas then the Bahamas and pictures and locations there should not be discussed...at least not in the sluething tread.
    This is right on, Kasha & hate2love,......a WHAT IF ???? thread is a great idea.... would love to see someone go ahead if the mods agree.

In the interest of encouraging the fun & respectful spirit that I understand is one of guiding principles of FORT, given the misunderstandings referred to upthread, I want to step up with an apology to sleuthers for my share of the 'clogging' ....when we were fooling around with guessing about Bermuda's potential as "on the way to or from Iceland", etc,etc,etc I'm guilty of grabbing that ball and running with it..... also for pushing the question of what would happen if there were more than 25 contestants, when there was zero evidence for either idea... I'm truly sorry

You and the others up-thread are quite right, it did make unecessarily hard slogging for those wanting to 'separate the wheat from the chaff', as we say here on the prairie. The factual sleuthing evidence is confusing enough on it's own... what a crazy schedule!!

thank you in advance to whomever is able to start the new speculation thread... I look forward to enjoying everyone's thoughts!
    Last edited by MayJ; 04-07-2010 at 10:31 PM. Reason: missed word

Our rules state:
    Contestants of a reality show, having voluntarily agreed to appear on our televisions, are open for criticism and praise, and everything in between, assuming it falls within the bounds of the rest of our rules.

You don't have to agree with another member's opinion, but you DO have to respect it, and realize that it IS just an opinion, which may differ greatly from your own..................

Our contestant threads are NOT specifically for "only good comments" regarding that contestant. They are for discussion of that contestant, both good and bad. We are not a fan-site for any one contestant, or any one show.
    I have certainly formed opinions of past contestants before the first episode aired. Most often these opinions were based on biographical data. For example, I didnt much care for Jesse Palmer, just by virtue of the fact that he was a very young pro athlete. My opinion did not change after he actually appeared on my tv.

Maybe it's in some way better to wait until the first episode airs, but I still reserve the right to base judgments on very little information. These people are not running for U.S. Senate after all. It's just reality tv. Sometimes my gut reactions are proven to be wrong. For example, I actually was more impressed with Tessa (not just another model!) than I ever could have imagined before her first appearance on screen.

As to the speculation issue:
    The sticky thread for Forum Rules posted by the Mod Team in this subforum states:
    Just to clarify, "I think X wins because the sun is setting in his FRC screencap and is overhead in Y's FRC screencap" is sleuthing.
    "Reality Steve says that Ali picks X" is spoiling.
    Most sleuthing does involve some degree of speculation. Otherwise, it would be a direct spoiler. I'm not sure how one could keep speculation out of the sleuthing threads. And remember, there is always more speculation going on in the forum during the weeks before the premiere. That will diminish once there are more screencaps, etc. to analyze.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 04-07-2010 at 11:28 PM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3872240;
    Better not to take things personal on the board. I do not think one perrson was directing anything at you personally. It does get really nasty on the boards, and I find it sad when it starts this early... as it gets worse.

All the contestants are on the show for an adventure, maybe they will find love, maybe not, but they are all in for the ride. Even Ali is. Makes no difference who Ty or any of the otherr contestants are.

Do you know Ty personally or is your opinion from all sorts of people as you stated above.

Both. I have known Ty for years AND my opinion is also based on what I have heard from others since he left for the show.
    I understand the statement about negative statements being personal opinion, but so are positive statements. Saying that you like someone based on how big their muscles are or what you have read off of a fan page which is managed by family and friends is also biased. What family member is going to air someone's dirty laundry on FB or anywhere else? At this point, all you get is the pretty picture that every one of these guys is perfect for Ali yet most people posting have an opinion of which one is BEST. All I did was say that I have concerns that there is a contestant who may NOT be best for her. What's the difference there? I also thought Ty was a great guy when I met him. Yet, years later, my opinion has changed and I decided to share that with all of you. Is that not the same as one of you deciding that someone is right for her based on his interest in the outdoors or deciding that someone isn't based on his previous job or what part of the country he is from? I feel that because i actually know this person that I have every right to add my feelings to your "sleuthing" and it's up to each of you to take it as opinion, fact, or junk just as I can about what each of you post.
    However, I understand that telling you something negative about someone you have already formed a favorable opinion about may be upsetting, so as I have said, I will refrain from sharing any details unless personally asked or if it pertains to a specific discussion. I will also be happy to let any of you know any positive information I get from the Nashville community - like confirmation that Ty has not returned home, or if Ali is spotted in Booneville, etc...
    As a new poster, I just don't want to cause a very unnecessary uproar on this board because I have nothing but respect for all of you and all of your opinions. I was just giving the side of the story that has not been advertised...

Quote Originally Posted by loveONtv;3872637;
    Both. I have known Ty for years AND my opinion is also based on what I have heard from others since he left for the show.
    I understand the statement about negative statements being personal opinion, but so are positive statements. Saying that you like someone based on how big their muscles are or what you have read off of a fan page which is managed by family and friends is also biased. What family member is going to air someone's dirty laundry on FB or anywhere else? At this point, all you get is the pretty picture that every one of these guys is perfect for Ali yet most people posting have an opinion of which one is BEST. All I did was say that I have concerns that there is a contestant who may NOT be best for her. What's the difference there? I also thought Ty was a great guy when I met him. Yet, years later, my opinion has changed and I decided to share that with all of you. Is that not the same as one of you deciding that someone is right for her based on his interest in the outdoors or deciding that someone isn't based on his previous job or what part of the country he is from? I feel that because i actually know this person that I have every right to add my feelings to your "sleuthing" and it's up to each of you to take it as opinion, fact, or junk just as I can about what each of you post.
    However, I understand that telling you something negative about someone you have already formed a favorable opinion about may be upsetting, so as I have said, I will refrain from sharing any details unless personally asked or if it pertains to a specific discussion. I will also be happy to let any of you know any positive information I get from the Nashville community - like confirmation that Ty has not returned home, or if Ali is spotted in Booneville, etc...
    As a new poster, I just don't want to cause a very unnecessary uproar on this board because I have nothing but respect for all of you and all of your opinions. I was just giving the side of the story that has not been advertised...
    LOVEONTV - your comments and actions are very much appreciated here by many - and everyone - as you yourself say - needs to take away from them - what they want to - some will believe - some will try to negate - some will just slide right on by - your comments and opinions carry just as much weight (probably even more by actually ''knowing'' the person involved) as anyone else who posts/reads here............ we all form opinions differently - it makes us individuals

Thank you
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by loveONtv;3872637;
    Your opinion is definitely valued. It's good to hear from people who actually know these guys and can tell us more than we can find out from family members or from a fan page that was created by friends. I don't think anybody can form a true opinion unless they know all the sides. What a person chooses to believe is up to them. But having an opinion from somebody who knows better is always helpful.

And anything you can tell us about when he comes home is SO helpful.
    One question I do have about Ty- do you know when he signed up for the show? If his marriage only ended a couple months ago, it can't be that long ago, right?

I for one appreciate your comments, loveONtv. Right now all I have to go on are the contestants pics and the few comments made by friends here. I will take into consideration the positive as well as the negative comments made here in forming an opinion about a contestant, but will give the contestant the benefit of the doubt until the show airs. That is basically all anyone of us can do.

I am glad you posted.

By the way, welcome.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hate2love;3872358;
    I just want to say that I appreciate your comments loveONtv. Rumors will fly as the one you heard that said he didn't want to win, he just wanted to get far enough along to be the next Bachelor! Some are true and some are not but at least you were honest to say that you you have not heard him say any of this, and that is all told to you from friends who have either heard it from him or his family. In my opinion it is probably true then. Every season there is a guy who is "there for the wrong reasons" You said in your previous post that you are very interested to see how he presents his music career and marriage/divorce on the show. Funny thing is he won't get to present it exactly how he wants. It will be more interesting to see how the show presents Ty. I'm calling it now...he will be the one there for the wrong reasons or at the wrong time. If he is a good sweet-talker and can be very charming then that is why he is still there.
    If he is a perfectionist and expects it in return then maybe him and Ali will hit it off. I'm not saying that she is a perfectionist...I'm just saying that she is presented as doing the right things...making the right choices (holding onto career). She didn't go on the Bachelor to find love...sakes she didn't even think to make it as far as she did. It will be interesting.

Generally, I tend to look at things on this show realistically, analytically, and with a liberal dose of cynicism. It follows then that I would also tend to see things logically.
    Logically, good-looking, well educated, career-oriented men with decent personalities do not need to ever go on a dating show to find a woman and a relationship. They go on for adventure, exposure, kicks or what have you, but it is not because they lack the traits to find a good woman and "true love" on their own.
    In short, they are on the show for "the wrong reason."

Now, logically, these guys who aren't there - ahhh- for "true love" should all end up in a heap somewhere down the line because they came in on the wrong foot.
    But hold up a minute! As I have said before, sometimes logic will blow you plum out of the saddle.
    Enter Jillian's Ed. Yes, "Hollywood Ed", whose friends and acquaintances ( love those kinds of folks ) said he came on the show because he wanted some fame. They gave him the nickname - his friends did.
    Ed came and left and came back on the show. Meanwhile, come to find out Ed had 2 girlfriends back at home. The guy was an ace juggler, our Ed was.

The point is that Ed -Bachelorette Jillian's F1 - with whom she is currently making wedding plans most definitely came on the show for the wrong reasons, dragging a dubious reputation with him before and an even bigger one after, and yet at this point in time is a part of a successful Bachelorette relationship.

I don't know any of these guys, but if I had to bet I would lay odds that not one of them went in expecting to end up marrying someone he had not met. Regardless of why they come or with what kind of garbage, history now shows that they can end up as F1.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.