Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***ScreenCaps Discussion***

Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***ScreenCaps Discussion***

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3859070;
    You can find nice looking shoes to match what you are wearing that are comfortable to wear. They don't have to be tennis shoes. Might as well wear jeans then.

Anyway, I made a couple of icons from Ali's pics.

ATEM - it fits her personality - it fits who she is - she is a bit quirky - and that picture just shows that - I doubt she cares what other folks think about why she does certain things - she does them because that is just her.

As hard as they may try to sophistocate her up the scale - Ali is going to be herself - sure she will enjoy all this - but inside - the gal is probably more comfy in more casual atire.

ROFL - I have one just like her - has her own style - very laid back and casual - rarely dresses up - but when she does - like Ali - she is a real knock out
    Last edited by Capegal; 03-20-2010 at 04:56 PM.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3859070;
    You can find nice looking shoes to match what you are wearing that are comfortable to wear. They don't have to be tennis shoes. Might as well wear jeans then.

Anyway, I made a couple of icons from Ali's pics.

Very cute! I made some too:

Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

I gotta say I would do the same thing that Ali is doing. I am in no way a girly-girl.In fact I'd rather be in sweats all day and I hardly ever wear makeup or heels.I think the tennis shoes fit Ali's personality and they are also very practical considering how much standing she'll be doing.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I absolutely adore the pictures and hope they'll let Ali's true personality shine through during the season. How often have we complained that we're probably not seeing the 'true' Bachelor/ette-- so I say bring it on, let us see who Ali really is; tennies, ponytails, and all. Most guys (that I know at least) prefer the gal who is just as comfortable in her own skin with little makeup and comfy clothes as she is fully made up and in a fancy dress. They'd rather be out playing sports with her than having her on the sidelines just watching them. I hope we will see that this season--let the tomboy have her moment--it'll be a refreshing change, IMO.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3859391;
    I absolutely adore the pictures and hope they'll let Ali's true personality shine through during the season. How often have we complained that we're probably not seeing the 'true' Bachelor/ette-- so I say bring it on, let us see who Ali really is; tennies, ponytails, and all. Most guys (that I know at least) prefer the gal who is just as comfortable in her own skin with little makeup and comfy clothes as she is fully made up and in a fancy dress. They'd rather be out playing sports with her than having her on the sidelines just watching them. I hope we will see that this season--let the tomboy have her moment--it'll be a refreshing change, IMO.
    I agree. Now this is just my opinion and I am sure most will not agree with me. If they wanted someone who is only glam, then they could have picked one of the models. Ali is the girl-next-door. The girl who is real. not meaning that glam girls are not real.... but we have had those up to our ears and I say it is time for a change. Otherwise we are going to end up with a "carbon copy" bachelorette that gets trotted out each season. Not everyone is going to agree with her style. But that is what makes it HER style. I would not wear the sneakers with the dress, but then her style is not mine. For me it would look totally ridiculus but on her it is adorable!! We really have to get past the "glam girl carbon copy" and see Ali as SHE is. As I said, this is just my opinion and being new here I have probably stepped on way too many toes and for that I am sorry.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3859391;

Hey! You're preaching to the choir here! Even looking at the pictures of when I wore shoes with 4 inch heels makes my back hurt now. However, I just think Mr. Fetman took one look at that blond hair and his idea was simply not "tomboy". If she gets to wear a ponytail, it will be one of those long, sleek, sophisticated ones that looks like it took 30 minutes at the beauty shop.

I keep remembering Fleiss when he said that they looked at Ali and she had the "look" they wanted in a Bachelorette. I have made it known that I am not overly fond of Fleiss and his morals, but the man has been a successful visionary in his field. I think he was envisioning Ali when he was looking at her. Somehow, I don't think that meant casual, simple, or tomboy. Maybe I am wrong, but that's the perception I got.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moonmyyst;3859399;
    I agree. Now this is just my opinion and I am sure most will not agree with me. If they wanted someone who is only glam, then they could have picked one of the models. Ali is the girl-next-door. The girl who is real. not meaning that glam girls are not real.... but we have had those up to our ears and I say it is time for a change. Otherwise we are going to end up with a "carbon copy" bachelorette that gets trotted out each season. Not everyone is going to agree with her style. But that is what makes it HER style. I would not wear the sneakers with the dress, but then her style is not mine. For me it would look totally ridiculus but on her it is adorable!! We really have to get past the "glam girl carbon copy" and see Ali as SHE is. As I said, this is just my opinion and being new here I have probably stepped on way too many toes and for that I am sorry.
    moonmyyst

Don't ever be sorry for posting your opinion. Newbie, oldtimer, it doesn't make a difference to all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3859401;
    However, I just think Mr. Fetman took one look at that blond hair and his idea was simply not "tomboy". If she gets to wear a ponytail, it will be one of those long, sleek, sophisticated ones that looks like it took 30 minutes at the beauty shop.

I keep remembering Fleiss when he said that they looked at Ali and she had the "look" they wanted in a Bachelorette. I have made it known that I am not overly fond of Fleiss and his morals, but the man has been a successful visionary in his field. I think he was envisioning Ali when he was looking at her. Somehow, I don't think that meant casual, simple, or tomboy. Maybe I am wrong, but that's the perception I got.
    Bloomers, sadly, I think you're right re: the ponytails but I can hope. You bring up an interesting point in your second paragraph -- obviously this is total speculation, but I wonder if Fleiss watched the girls playing football with Jake and heard all the chatter about how we thought (at the time) that that would've given Elizabeth NE a huge advantage b/c most guys love girls like that-- what if that helped push him towards a 'tomboy' casting?? IDK, may be wishful thinking on my part, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Fleissenstein is heading in that direction this season.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Pics from the group date in Malibu...

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;3859428;
    Pics from the group date in Malibu...

AWESOME! Any one we can identify?

cupcakes, that shirtless guy in the blue pants on the left, he might be the Crest toothpaste guy (insert star sparkle on his teeth) that was sleuthed. At first, from your pic, I thought "wow!". Maybe he'll still be a "wow".

ETA: and is that Ali in the pink top and grey cap? The other guy (in shorts) has nice legs, lol.
    Last edited by VelvetRed; 03-21-2010 at 01:28 PM.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!