Page 70 of 77 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677 LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***ScreenCaps Discussion***

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***ScreenCaps Discussion***

Here is my thought and I think we could be looking at this totally wrong. We know the Hollywood sign date was the next day after meet and greet. However we do not know if Ali, the car and this guy is that date. We are only assuming because of the area of the shops, and the sign up above. However we also feel that Ali is way into this guy much more than one would expect being the next day after meeting him. So I am thinking that he is one of the other dates that we are not aware of what they did. And it is something close to that area. The guy in the picture with the whip, makes me think that they might of done something at Universal Studios. Since I have never seen the area I do not know. But my guess would be he is not the Hollywood sign date, but one of the other following one on one dates. Also looking at the road leading up to the Hollywood sign, it looks to be a dirt road. I doubt they would take this car up on that road. Most owners with these collector cars do not take them into dusty areas. So I would say they travel might me a jeep or suv.

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theboies;3888484;
    Here is my thought and I think we could be looking at this totally wrong. We know the Hollywood sign date was the next day after meet and greet. However we do not know if Ali, the car and this guy is that date. We are only assuming because of the area of the shops, and the sign up above. However we also feel that Ali is way into this guy much more than one would expect being the next day after meeting him. So I am thinking that he is one of the other dates that we are not aware of what they did. And it is something close to that area. The guy in the picture with the whip, makes me think that they might of done something at Universal Studios. Since I have never seen the area I do not know. But my guess would be he is not the Hollywood sign date, but one of the other following one on one dates. Also looking at the road leading up to the Hollywood sign, it looks to be a dirt road. I doubt they would take this car up on that road. Most owners with these collector cars do not take them into dusty areas. So I would say they travel might me a jeep or suv.
    Hey Boies! Let me add some supporting comments... I know it's hard to keep track of this board right now, with lots of activity. It's practice for June!

I am certain that the Hollywood sign date and the Hollywood/Highland dates are different dates. Detailed analysis:

Hollywood sign date: 3/15 per the tweet. [Possible helicopter ride? It would make sense.]

Hollywood/Highland date: 1959 blue convertible = gray shirt kissing guy. This date most likely occurred 3/20. Why do I say this? 1) Mama and I spotted the car inside the gate on our first joint sleuthing misssion, approximately 9 AM. It did not arrive nor did it leave between 8:30 and 9:30 AM (we were strategically positioned - we would have seen it.) A photo of this car was posted around 3/22. 2) ITA, they would not take a classic car on the dirt road to the Hollywood sign (by the way, the sign was recently saved from evil developers by none other than Hugh Hefner - he gave $1 million...). 3) These cars, when they are on loan, are kept for short periods of time - on an as-needed basis, I think - largely because of the financial liability and insurance costs. 4) She had at least one other car on this show - a Mercedes convertible. The background in the photo looks exactly like the exterior of 420 Kanan house (where we presume she stays, as did Jake). It was also reported that she has a red Ferrari in Las Vegas, but that's another side note. 5) It's a cute fake to get the Hollywood sign in on a date that it's not related to - score for the cameraperson!

A note about Hollywood/Highland and Indiana Jones. That intersection is very close to Mann's Chinese Theater (where Matt and Holly (?) went to a premiere). Over the past several years, this area has become known for impersonators and mimes just showing up to make a buck. Some of these people are pretty good - some are downright awful. I's easy to get a photo for your family back home with someone who passes as Indiana Jones, Darth Vader, Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson or even that robot guy with silver paint all over his body (no kidding). All you have to do is introduce them to George (Washington) or Abe (Lincoln) and voila! snap! So they didn't need to go to Universal Studios to see Indy (who is not a Universal character, and they wouldn't have gone there so soon after Jake's season, IMO).

I was thinking they might be going to Musso & Frank's Grill, but they aren't dressed quite well enough. They might have gone to the Hollywood Bowl, but I think that was done before. The other option is the Greek Theatre, who would benefit from the publicity...

OK, now I have to back to my other life for a while. Hope that helps!
    Never put in writing anything you wouldn't mind seeing on the side of a bus.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by in2deep;3888538;
    Hey Boies! Let me add some supporting comments... I know it's hard to keep track of this board right now, with lots of activity. It's practice for June!

I am certain that the Hollywood sign date and the Hollywood/Highland dates are different dates. Detailed analysis:

Hollywood sign date: 3/15 per the tweet. [Possible helicopter ride? It would make sense.]

Hollywood/Highland date: 1959 blue convertible = gray shirt kissing guy. This date most likely occurred 3/20. Why do I say this? 1) Mama and I spotted the car inside the gate on our first joint sleuthing misssion, approximately 9 AM. It did not arrive nor did it leave between 8:30 and 9:30 AM (we were strategically positioned - we would have seen it.) A photo of this car was posted around 3/22. 2) ITA, they would not take a classic car on the dirt road to the Hollywood sign (by the way, the sign was recently saved from evil developers by none other than Hugh Hefner - he gave $1 million...). 3) These cars, when they are on loan, are kept for short periods of time - on an as-needed basis, I think - largely because of the financial liability and insurance costs. 4) She had at least one other car on this show - a Mercedes convertible. The background in the photo looks exactly like the exterior of 420 Kanan house (where we presume she stays, as did Jake). It was also reported that she has a red Ferrari in Las Vegas, but that's another side note. 5) It's a cute fake to get the Hollywood sign in on a date that it's not related to - score for the cameraperson!

A note about Hollywood/Highland and Indiana Jones. That intersection is very close to Mann's Chinese Theater (where Matt and Holly (?) went to a premiere). Over the past several years, this area has become known for impersonators and mimes just showing up to make a buck. Some of these people are pretty good - some are downright awful. I's easy to get a photo for your family back home with someone who passes as Indiana Jones, Darth Vader, Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson or even that robot guy with silver paint all over his body (no kidding). All you have to do is introduce them to George (Washington) or Abe (Lincoln) and voila! snap! So they didn't need to go to Universal Studios to see Indy (who is not a Universal character, and they wouldn't have gone there so soon after Jake's season, IMO).

I was thinking they might be going to Musso & Frank's Grill, but they aren't dressed quite well enough. They might have gone to the Hollywood Bowl, but I think that was done before. The other option is the Greek Theatre, who would benefit from the publicity...

OK, now I have to back to my other life for a while. Hope that helps!
    Thanks for you added information. You are totally correct about the car only being out on a short loan. I live in a very small town with a collector of probably over 40+ cars, many which have been used in movies. Those cars are immaculate, and spit shined to the hilt. All cars are covered as well. These cars are not just a take me out any where car. That is why they are classics, and I love that era in life. Is makes me smile every time I go past this persons collection. They are a timeless treasure and it has taken lots of $$$ to make them that way.

Back to the show. LRSC did you happen to notice if the car was parked out of sight for several days. Or did you only see it on one day for a short period of time. Thanks for your great road work. You both are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by theboies;3888563;
    Back to the show. LRSC did you happen to notice if the car was parked out of sight for several days. Or did you only see it on one day for a short period of time. Thanks for your great road work. You both are awesome.
    Blue '59 Caddy only spotted during sleuth 3/20 ~ 9 AM. Because it was behind the gate, it was not visible. Only seen when i2d and Mama were up on the hill and technically trespassing... But remember that Scout Master was pretty friendly when it was reported that i2d and Mama were looking at purchasing the mansion...

Sadly, neither Mama nor i2d/LRSC were available to hang out all day waiting to see when the car would be used. Being gone for a short period of time is part of keeping the U in DUH.

Thought I'd post this reply to a PM, for those who are interested...

Fender analysis, from left to right, done with my ruler on a 17” monitor:

First ”: no reflection
    From - 2 ”: light bounce.
    2 - 4 1/4 “: this is the first area where it is interesting. IMO there’s a camera guy in the middle, both above and below the fender crease.
    4 - 5 ” : light bounce.
    5 - 7 ”: this is the second interesting area. I think it’s the reflection of the back of the production car, which looks to me llike a red convertible. I can see a red bounce right where the seam of the car door is, and a silver door handle right about inch 6. Also, if there were other buildings around, they would show behind the red reflection, no? That’s just road… I definitely think it’s a car.

What’s also interesting is a modern, Spanish pink house in the background (behind GSKG’s hands). I did a cursory look on GoogleMaps for something along Kanan Dume Road, at a point where there are two lanes or a passing lane. I didn’t see anything. This might be on Mulholland Highway, Malibu Canyon Road or… Also, the power lines should be able to help us. I have Google Earth at home, but not here. I’ll try to sleuth when DUH is otherwise occupied.

i2d - I just downloaded Google Earth and noticed that the current date of the map for that area was 2007. Apparently they don't believe in updating every year or so......Has there been a bit of building since then in that area? I followed the road from 420 Kanan turning right at that first fork and also taking Kanan Dume to PCH. I, too, was unable to find anything. I'll check more later......

I figured out who the guy on his knee at the M & G is. His name is John Crivello. Here is a link to his Linkedin profile: John Crivello - LinkedIn

- He attended Washington State University from 1996-2000

- He is a Hotel Relations Manager at Expedia

I found him through this post the day after the 1st bachelorette preview came out by one of his co-workers:

Crivello, you dirty dirty dog -- Bachelorette Ali
    Ohhh I heard Crivello tried out for it..Is he really on there?
    Yep! 2 mins into the video!!
    OMG..he's a star!! How did he get time off to do the show?
    Not sure. I can't believe he got down on one knee - haha.

"Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Baktoreality4me;3889041;
    i2d - I just downloaded Google Earth and noticed that the current date of the map for that area was 2007. Apparently they don't believe in updating every year or so......Has there been a bit of building since then in that area? I followed the road from 420 Kanan turning right at that first fork and also taking Kanan Dume to PCH. I, too, was unable to find anything. I'll check more later......
    Hey, Back! You can't sleep either? I looked at Mapquest terrain, and based on the power lines, I think that this is either on Mulholland, Las Virgenes or way up Stunt Canyon/Saddlepeak (not likely). It has to be remote enough for power lines, and not too squirrely a drive to take a big honkin' Caddy for a first ride... just sayin'.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3889326;
    I figured out who the guy on his knee at the M & G is. His name is John Crivello. Here is a link to his Linkedin profile: John Crivello - LinkedIn

I found him through this post the day after the 1st bachelorette preview came out by one of his co-workers:

GREAT find!

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3889326;

Great Find!!