Page 42 of 202 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky ***sleuthing**** thread

Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky ***sleuthing**** thread

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3858287;
    I really like the idea of a new and different venue such as Iceland - and such exposure for their growing tourist trade.
    I love the idea of a new venue as well for the fantasy dates and FRC. It's absolutely gorgeous there. Thanks to the poster who posted the pictures!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3858321;
    Iceland is really expensive! I guess that doesn't matter to TPTB. I do remember Fliess saying his dream ending for the show would be that the bachelor/bachelorette and thier F1 get engaged and a Justice of the Peace Marry them right there on finale night. You think Ali will go along with that.
    Ali's Mom describes her as being "fun, practical and real", so NO, I know Ali would never go along with that!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-19-2010 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3858321;
    Iceland is really expensive! I guess that doesn't matter to TPTB. I do remember Fliess saying his dream ending for the show would be that the bachelor/bachelorette and thier F1 get engaged and a Justice of the Peace Marry them right there on finale night. You think Ali will go along with that?
    TPTB don't have to pay for anything. The places they go to let them use it for free.

Maybe they're going back to having FD's in different places and will do Iceland for 1 of them. It seems so strange to have the FD's and the FRC in Iceland.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3858406;
    Maybe they're going back to having FD's in different places and will do Iceland for 1 of them. It seems so strange to have the FD's and the FRC in Iceland.
    I was thinking about that, too, but considering the distance and time spent flying all of the way to Iceland, I'll be surprised if that's a single destination for one fantasy date.

It is possible, though, that they would go back to LA (or even NY) for the FRC, but considering the dramatic views of places like the waterfall above, I won't be surprised at all if they stay in Iceland.

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3857995;
    Iceland is big on tourism. Who knows if they struck a deal. It can be quite warm in the summer. Iceland is on the way to the north pole (nowhere). Final destination.
    Isn't Iceland a possible stop-over for circumpolar routes to Europe, like Greenland is sometimes, for flights to Great Britain?

But ITA ,I love the idea of dates in Iceland whether it's FRC or not. Here's a thought... having to cover-up in sweaters & coats & hats would play down the 'skin candy' that preoccupies in tropical locales, and maybe give personalitiy & character the spotlight....... imo I would find that a refreshing change and more interesting to watch !

I was thinking about the general common theme of having a view of water for the FRC in recent seasons.

Here's another place to consider - Glymur Resort, not far from Reykjavík. The views are beautiful!

As noted above, this place is attractive because of the views and the outdoor hot tubs (with the potential for Northern Lights overhead?) They also have individual residences/homes at the location, as well.

Glymur Resorts is a romantic and relaxing location which offers a relaxing atmosphere on location, while there are plenty of exciting adventures to be experienced in the neighbourhood. On location we have:

* Outdoor hot tubs with a fantastic scenery
    * Hiking trails in the surrounding woods and hills
    * A large library
    * An artwork gallery
    * A gourmet restaurant
    * A café
    * Helicopter rides
    * Mountain bike rentals
    * A swimming pool within 800 meters
    * And a Russian Spa in the making

Glymur

Just realized the walkway above leads to a hot tub!

It's also nearby the Glymur waterfall, Iceland's highest waterfall.

I think we'd be great at scouting locations for the show.
    Last edited by Secret; 03-19-2010 at 11:13 AM.

It would be cool to do away with the sunset FRC this year and do it at night with the northern lights. I can imagine the guys walking down that (above photo) pathway with Ali standing at the end.... that would be different.

This is so cool! As an armchair traveler I'm excited they are going to Iceland - woohoo! I know Iceland can use an economic boost right about now so this couldn't be more perfect. Good finds and follow-up on a teenage twitter. It was worth searching for a news article. I loved viewing New Zealand and I'll love viewing Iceland.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Is today an off day or is there a date today?