+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree240Likes

Thread: 6/17 Bachelorette 9: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/17 Bachelorette 9: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Every week the previews look like the next show will be full of action/drama/fun. Then the show arrives &

I swear last weeks previews said someone's rotten actions get exposed. Nothing like that happened. Also they made it look like Bryden was definitely leaving. Didn't happen either. The only thing that did was that they showed James confessing to sc**wing around on his long time girlfriend, but that was darned near glossed over as if it was no big deal. The show presented their date as romantic & he got a rose.

They either show stuff in previews, but then not the show. Or they build something up as if it will be a big deal, then nothing happens.
    BTW, Cornholio, ilja and 3 others like this.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Like, like, like, like!!! Yes, Chris is currently my favorite for Des though I do still like Brooks too. Right reasons! Boogie LOSER! Should have chosen Lesley but they've never chosen 4th place that I can remember.
    I think Lesley was fifth place. She didn't get a hometown date. Des was fourth place.
    ilja likes this.

Not a fan of the Sandy episode. No offense to those that went through that tragedy, but to put it on a fluff show like the Bachelorette? Bleh. The old couple and the date - zomg how boring.
    BTW, Shoepie, Cornholio and 1 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Not a fan of the Sandy episode. No offense to those that went through that tragedy, but to put it on a fluff show like the Bachelorette? Bleh. The old couple and the date - zomg how boring.
    They keep plugging for donations to the Red Cross ... on the show in BOTH Chris' and Des' blogs this week and a couple of times on twitter.

I really strongly object to that plugging of one single charity. The Red Cross does help some people ... BUT, before they ask me to donate ... the director of the Red Cross should donate a large portion of her $700,000 annual salary to these causes.

There are plenty of other ways to help and other charities too.

It is not right to use my viewing time to solicit. It's just wrong.
    Ellen, NCLurker, waywyrd and 8 others like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by moflan View Post
    I think Lesley was fifth place. She didn't get a hometown date. Des was fourth place.
    Oh yeah, she wasn't, was she. I knew she was let go too soon to be considered. Plus, she would have had to have gotten over her not looking guys in the eyes when speaking thing. But she sure had the personality to carry the show. It's not as easy as we think.

I wonder if they need to add a best friend to have someone for the lead to talk to during the show? That way we would get to better know the lead and it would be interesting to have someone who isn't tainted giving his or her point of view of the contestants in real life.
    moflan likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as an idol?

FORT Fanatic

Honestly, I still don't know who half these guys are.

Except for Juan Pablo - I just him.
    Coco46, ilja and Babbred like this.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    They keep plugging for donations to the Red Cross ... on the show in BOTH Chris' and Des' blogs this week and a couple of times on twitter.

I really strongly object to that plugging of one single charity. The Red Cross does help some people ... BUT, before they ask me to donate ... the director of the Red Cross should donate a large portion of her $700,000 annual salary to these causes.

There are plenty of other ways to help and other charities too.

It is not right to use my viewing time to solicit. It's just wrong.

The salary of the director of Red Cross is an old story. That is no longer the case.

Well, I must be the only one, but I tend to like the seasons/episodes that others find "boring." I want a romance show, not a drama-filled, bad-behavior type of show (Real Housewives? No thanks), so even though the Tiara's of the past have provided lots to talk about, I still just enjoy the "love" stories. Yes, I know there is not real love going on here, and that the relationships probably won't last, but I for one get caught up in the feelings when I see two people act like they're falling for each other. I like trying to figure out if the Main really means what they're saying in their ITMs and on their dates (Des is not very good at faking it, is she?), and even though many things are obviously over-produced and staged, I laugh but still like watching them. For example, the date for the New Jersey couple was so sweet. Completely, obviously, set up - not Des' idea at all. Bryden's hesitation at the rose ceremony was completely faked too - I don't believe there was any such pause before he stepped up. So I guess I can watch critically but still be hopeful for potential real romance. I may be foolish, and perhaps boring too, but I'd rather have "boring" than bad behavior just for the sake of ratings.

I do have to agree, though, that Des' group of guys is one of the worst, as a whole. I felt awful for her in the premiere episode, that they were giving her such weirdos to choose from. There may still be some guys to like that we just haven't seen much from, so I'll withhold final judgment until later!!
    NEPASue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    The salary of the director of Red Cross is an old story. That is no longer the case.
    I think you are correct in that I am off by a couple of Hundred Thousand Dollars.

Here is what the Red Cross said in Dec 2012:

"The president and CEO of the American Red Cross is Gail McGovern, and her base salary has remained $500,000—without any pay increase—since she joined the American Red Cross in 2008."

Of course that is her base salary and doesn't include expenses and other perquisites. I believe she is also given a vehicle.

Whatever the case ... I thought Manny and Jan were sweet ... but I didn't like that they and I were used to promote and solicit for the Red Cross.
    Florimel, Shoepie and Photobabe like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Jillian and Ashley were third from their seasons, Ali was fourth on hers, as was Meridith I believe. Sean was also third from Emily's season. Jake was by far the lowest at 6th.

I would have loved Leslie as the lead but the problem is that she found a boyfriend right away...as did Lindsey. Even Ashley is now apparently dating Brad. As we all know, Tierra got engaged to her mysterious fiance...whom nobody has seen or heard from since. Des was the only one left. While all his girls were nice, I think the only two who could have carried the show were the BFF's Leslie and Cat. I would have loved to see either of those two as the lead.

I'm getting the feeling that Des is either having a Meridith type season where she found who she wanted right off the bat and they had to edit the show to death to cover up (and we know how that ended), or she is just finding the whole thing overwhelming and is regretting signing up to be the Bette. Either way, it's a snoozefest!!!
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

+ Reply to Thread