+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: 6/3 Bachelorette 9: Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: 6/3 Bachelorette 9: Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Brooks is a very handsome man. His scruff and scraggly hair distracts us from his beauty. I like men with longer hair, he just needs a shaping to get rid of the Florence Hendeson wings and a clean shave. He has beautiful teeth. I am not sure we have seen someone show their vulnerability on a first date or ever, for that matter. You know she thought of him all night long.
    I like longer hair on a man, myself. I don't mind 5 o'clock shadow or a little scruff. I thought he was much more handsome on the date than he appears on his bio photo. I felt the gown/tuxedo stuff was cheesy but they seemed to have a good connection. They didn't lack for things to say and conversation seemed to flow, unlike her one on one date with Bryden; that was all kinds of awkward. Physically, their interactions seemed normal and the kissing seemed natural to me and not contrived.
    Last edited by Eastcoastmom; 06-04-2013 at 03:03 PM.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    The thing is .. there are so many named Michael in la familia that after Michael and Mike it ends up being Mikey. Same thing happens with Joseph, Joe, and then Joey and even JoJo and then there's Rocco, Rocky and Rock, and Nicholas, Nick, Nicky, "Nicky boy". , Anthony is a big one because it becomes Tony or Antonio ... but also is used for a girl child as in Antoinette.

In some cases it reverts back to the "Italian" version such as Antonio, Giuseppi, etc. It happens with some women's names to ... Lucy becomes Luci'a with the accent on the "i".

In Mikey's neighborhood ... the "Eyetalian" would get you a question as to where in Eyetaly you speak of!
    OMG, totally off topic but years ago I attended college in upstate New York, way way upstate near the Canadian border. I lived in a suite with 7 other women and one of my suite mates gushed to me that she "had never met an EYE-talian", as if I were something exotic or strange. I didn't know whether to laugh out loud or be offended.

Mikey sounds ridiculous for a grown man, imo. My son is around the same age and goes by Mike, although I love his given name of Michael, which is what I normally call him.

FORT Fogey

What is the name of the guy with diabetes?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    What is the name of the guy with diabetes?
    Michael G... federal prosecutor living in Miami.

Read my micro-cap for episode 2 and I identify him and short takes on the dates as well as who went, stayed and left.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

So it looks like the "sweetheart" and all around nice guy of the group appears to be Brookes. But we all know how these things can change on a dime on any given week depending on how the guys are edited in each episode. I like Brookes and thought his date with Desiree was nice. The two of them appeared very natural together and didn't come across forced in any way. I felt a natural chemistry between them.

Contrary to the majority of the guys' opinions, I didn't think Ben came off as half the villain they made him out to be. Yes, it was unfair when he pulled Desiree away from Michael considering he'd already been given a rose and was safe. But like always, the onus is on the guys themselves to try a little harder when it comes to getting one on one time with Desiree. It made no sense to stand in the corner having a pity party over the fact that Ben stole her away from them yet again.

On another note, I must say, I'm very surprised with the way Zak came across this week. Judging from his "strip down to his underwear jump into the pool" gimmick, he appeared to have done a complete about-face this week and seemed more serious about Desiree. Not sure I can get past his uncanny resemblance to Pauly Shore though.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 06-04-2013 at 08:41 PM.
    ilja likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

No posts in two days? Wow. I can almost hear the crickets chirping in this forum.
    Midol likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    No posts in two days? Wow. I can almost hear the crickets chirping in this forum.
    Ben just isn't that bad. We need another villian. Where's Courtney when you need her? Bentley? Tierra?
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as an idol?

I haven't commented on this week's show because I just watched it just recently. I am not sure why, but it wasn't as entertaining to me. It could be that we have the same thing each and every season whether it is the Bachelor or the Bachelorette show. I think the one thing I was sure of was that Des and Brooks just clicked and I just have a feeling he will go far. Des just seemed totally comfortable with Brooks from beginning to end. Other than that the show seemed rather flat. Maybe next week will hold my interest more. I hope so.
    NFL1 and NEPASue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I haven't commented on this week's show because I just watched it just recently. I am not sure why, but it wasn't as entertaining to me. It could be that we have the same thing each and every season whether it is the Bachelor or the Bachelorette show. I think the one thing I was sure of was that Des and Brooks just clicked and I just have a feeling he will go far. Des just seemed totally comfortable with Brooks from beginning to end. Other than that the show seemed rather flat. Maybe next week will hold my interest more. I hope so.
    Its very flat. I am bored watching it ( that why I flip over to the Voice I guess) As for Brooks, he's the best out of lot of duds imho .I am not sure if she chose him it would work out, he looks like a playah to me.

.Drama filled next week with a gf showing up, like that has never been done

I wish they would cut to the F4, and go on from there.
    NFL1 and NEPASue like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread