+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Chris Harrison Blog

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' season premiere | PopWatch | EW.com

by Chris Harrison

Oh, how good it feels to be back. If we had to pick a theme for the first night we would have to have to steal a page from Jeopardy! and go with the category “Names That Begin With ‘M’ or ‘B’.” The season started off a little differently with Desiree; it’s important to know where she came from so you can fully appreciate and understand where this journey will take her. I enjoyed the more casual style of starting out by sitting down to talk with Des at her house. It definitely put her at ease and made her more emotionally available and open. I could tell she was genuinely excited to be the Bachelorette and truly ready to find love.

The arrivals are always just a bit awkward but it seems even more so when it’s the Bachelorette and it’s a bunch of guys piling out of the limos. Guys are just completely out of their comfort zone. Some of the highlights from my perspective that night were, of course, Zak who arrived shirtless and asked Des if she would accept his abs. Despite later stripping down and diving in the pool, Zak got a rose. (It’s worth noting that Des had a tough time figuring out where to put it.)

Larry went with the dance move. At this point we’ve been on network television for over a decade. One thing that never ever works well is picking up or spinning a woman in a full-length formal gown. It’s always a disaster, yet each season some guy gets out of the limo and tries to make it work… It doesn’t… ever! Despite history being against him, Larry went for it and spun his way right off the show.

Then there was Diogo, the Knight in Shining Armor. This probably seemed like a good idea at the time, but in reality a suit of armor is hot, heavy, and not really easy to move in. Maybe the boldest, riskiest move came from Ben, who arrived with his son, Brody. At first I thought this idea could easily be a disaster, but as you saw, Brody was absolutely adorable and it turned out to be the most impressive romantic arrival of the night. More importantly, it really made an impression on Des and she ended up giving Ben the first rose of the season.

The cocktail party was business as usual; it was a stream of guys vying for attention and time with Des. But then there was Jonathan. Jonathan had already shot himself in the foot during his arrival when he gave Des his own version of a fantasy suite card. Jonathan should have known better. You don’t try to step in and steal my moves, especially on the first night. Instead of making things better once he got time with her, Jonathan decided to push the issue and shoot himself in the other foot by trying to get Des to go to some sort of homemade fantasy suite in the house. Des quickly shot him down and you could tell she was really bothered and more than just a little creeped out by this guy. This should have been the end of it, but Jonathan, who apparently isn’t very good at reading a woman, took one more shot at getting Des alone in a back room in the house. This officially skeeved Des out so much she had had enough and sent Jonathan home right then and there.

We did learn a few things here. First, Des is more than capable of taking care of herself. I loved how she shut the guy down and sent him packing. The other thing we learned is that Jonathan’s mom thinks he’s good looking and he has a full “love tank.” If any of you know exactly what a “love tank” is, feel free to write in and let me know.

By the time the night came to an end, the creeper, the dancer, the magician, and the knight were all sent home. That first night is always just a jumping off point for what’s to come. You got a taste of what Des is in for this season, and let me tell you, in my opinion, this is one of the best seasons we’ve ever had. Des was great about really opening herself up and being vulnerable going through this. That’s really the only way this thing works but unfortunately it also opens you up to the possibility of getting hurt. Next week the dates begin, and so does the drama. These guys start falling for Des quickly and the battle for her time and attention gets intense. I’m incredibly glad to be back on the air with another season and grateful so many of you have come back to take this journey with us.

I promise it’s an amazing ride that we’ll be talking about all summer long.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

You got a taste of what Des is in for this season, and let me tell you, in my opinion, this is one of the best seasons we’ve ever had.
    Doesn't Chris say this every season.
    Ellen, dzigner, cubsfan55 and 2 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

This was one of the worst blogs Chris has ever written. Geeze, talk about boring.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as an idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    This was one of the worst blogs Chris has ever written. Geeze, talk about boring.
    Thank you! I thought it was me. I read it last night, and thought how blah.
    Ellen likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    This group of guys so far does not give him much material to work with.

He also didn't mention that those who chose fashion to make impressions (Armour, Lab coat, Magician/tailor, multi-pieced jacket guy) had to pack up and take them home.

On the other hand the half naked guy is still there.

in my opinion, this is one of the best seasons we’ve ever had
    Doesn't Chris say this every season?
    Yes!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Please Chris. It's the first night and I'm already sick and tired of hearing where Des came from...and no doubt, I'll be even sicker in the weeks to come.

I love how they make it seem that it was Zack's idea to just take off his pants when Des herself said that she dared him. Just like I'm sure they suggested that he come in shirtless, and Diogo wear the armour, tha creepy guy give her the fantasy suite card, the one guy ride up on this motorcycle and the dad bring his son out of the limo.

It seems now every year we are to have one really obnoxious person hitting on the lead and getting kicked to the curb. Emily had Kalon, Sean had 50 shades of gray and now Des had fantasy suite guy.

Opening herself up and being vulnerable = code words for we tortured the hell out of her and made sure she cried ... A LOT!!!

Let the journey begin...
    Ellen likes this.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

FORT Fogey

At least Chris Harrison had the decency to write about Larry. Desiree didn't even give Larry the dignity of a mention in her blog.

Good for Des, looks like he made less of an impression on her, than he did many of us

with apologies to Bee and Johnny K
    ilja likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Good for Des, looks like he made less of an impression on her, than he did many of us

with apologies to Bee and Johnny K
    It's unfortunate because some of the stuff he said IM and to the other guys was actually rather funny and witty...particularly about FS guy...glad he had him because at least there was one guy he stood a chance getting a rose over! Clearly he knew he was not getting a rose. He kind of reminded me of Reid on the train asking the conductor should he wear glasses or not...slightly nerdy and insecure, but, witty as well. Too bad it just wasn't happening with her because I would have enjoyed his commentary and observations during the season.
    bachelorwatcher likes this.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    It's unfortunate because some of the stuff he said IM and to the other guys was actually rather funny and witty...particularly about FS guy...glad he had him because at least there was one guy he stood a chance getting a rose over! Clearly he knew he was not getting a rose. He kind of reminded me of Reid on the train asking the conductor should he wear glasses or not...slightly nerdy and insecure, but, witty as well. Too bad it just wasn't happening with her because I would have enjoyed his commentary and observations during the season.
    We know what we saw was edited, he could have said so much more to her, for him not to be considered .Same with shirtless Zak who she seemed to like enough to give him a rose
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast