+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Ben - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

  1. #21
    FORT Fogey ilja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,136

    Re: Ben - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

    He is rather lightweight for the villian. I just wanted my pre-premiere prediction to be true so I haven't been defending him too much on purpose. Well that and he does get this 'my cawcaw don't stink' look on his face every now and then. I just wish he would go ahead and play the role full-tilt to give us some more drama.

    Where are where is Courtney when you need her? Or Wes? Didn't anybody bring a guitar?
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as an idol?

  2. #22
    Think Spring Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    17,980

    Re: Ben - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

    Hey, he played Wes in the Rap Video.

    I just don't like that he is becoming a sneak and has always been passive/aggressive in front of the other guys.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  3. #23
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,990

    Re: Ben - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Hey, he played Wes in the Rap Video.

    I just don't like that he is becoming a sneak and has always been passive/aggressive in front of the other guys.
    I'm just not seeing that. Just the other jealous guys saying it.
    If it was really going on, the producers wouldn't pass up the chance to show it.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

  4. #24
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    19,067

    Re: Ben - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I'm just not seeing that. Just the other jealous guys saying it.
    If it was really going on, the producers wouldn't pass up the chance to show it.
    I feel like saying, not much to see here folks, move along now.

    I think he has stated to them he has business, not sure he has said this will help.But if he did, this would be classified as* this person is here for the wrong reasons* Thank goodness they had one this season.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  5. #25
    FORT Fogey Cornholio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    939

    Re: Ben - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

    Did they ever say what he does? I think it just says "Entrepreneur" on the screen whenever he's shown. So if he's there looking for exposure, he's not really getting it...

  6. #26
    9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: Ben - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Did they ever say what he does? I think it just says "Entrepreneur" on the screen whenever he's shown. So if he's there looking for exposure, he's not really getting it...
    I've read either here or elsewhere that he has a bar to promote. Either I dozed off and missed mention of said bar or it hasn't been mentioned at all. He hasn't been too villainous from what I can see but as others have said, I don't like how everything has to be a big secret. Just own up to it when directly asked. Others could take the initiative too but they don't bother. The two Mikes getting up in his face about this week after week is ridiculous, imo.
    BTW likes this.

  7. #27
    Think Spring Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    17,980

    Re: Ben - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

    When the guys were talking about (I think at the pool party or before?) they mentioned his bar and how another guy with one bar (they meant Brad) opened more bars because of the show and that is what they THINK Ben is trying to do.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  8. #28
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    19,067

    Re: Ben - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

    Well, at least he has a job, a business. Lots of them (M & F )go on this show without one
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  9. #29
    FORT Fan NEPASue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kingston, PA
    Posts
    360

    Re: Ben - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

    I don't blame the other guys for getting pissed when he swoops in after already having a rose and cuts off some other guy's time...that is just RUDE. But what is the lead going to do about it, s/he is trying to have a conversation and someone is hovering nearby or just "interrupts". I get annoyed seeing it as a viewer. I wouldn't find it to be an issue if the person was sitting there for 20 minutes, and we may not know how long until someone interrupts another's convo but after editing, it always seems the person just sat down and someone swoops in after a few minutes. I guess it is another of those "manufactured drama" moments the show is based on these days & sometimes I wonder why I still bother with it.
    RIP Becky, 5/14/93 - 3/16/13 Sebastian (b.1996) 4/10/10 - 2/16/14

  10. #30
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    19,067

    Re: Ben - Season 9 **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue View Post
    I don't blame the other guys for getting pissed when he swoops in after already having a rose and cuts off some other guy's time...that is just RUDE. But what is the lead going to do about it, s/he is trying to have a conversation and someone is hovering nearby or just "interrupts". I get annoyed seeing it as a viewer. I wouldn't find it to be an issue if the person was sitting there for 20 minutes, and we may not know how long until someone interrupts another's convo but after editing, it always seems the person just sat down and someone swoops in after a few minutes. I guess it is another of those "manufactured drama" moments the show is based on these days & sometimes I wonder why I still bother with it.
    I think production tells them what to do, and when to do it. They want us to be annoyed.It's funny how that never comes up in the WTA or MTA.

    They should go careful, we might be so annoyed that we stop watching
    NEPASue likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.