Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ali and Roberto Split

Ali and Roberto Split

Ali Fedotowsky, Roberto Martinez Split: 'Bachelorette' Couple Calls Off Wedding

Another "Bachelorette" relationship bites the dust.

It's officially over between "Bachelorette" star Ali Fedotowsky and season 6 winner Roberto Martinez, her rep confirms in an official statement.

"As they go through this difficult time, we ask that you respect the couple's privacy," her reps adds.

The couple got engaged on the finale of the popular ABC reality show in 2010 and it looked like smooth sailing for the former Facebook employee and her prince charming.

Though they decided to enjoy a long engagement, the couple set a wedding date for this year, but their plans were scrapped so Fedotowsky could recover from knee surgery.

"The decision to postpone [the wedding] was very difficult. I definitely shed some tears," Fedotowsky told PEOPLE in August.

"In my mind, Roberto is my husband," she said. "We live together; we do everything together; we plan for the future together; we fight just like a good old married couple.

Fedotowsky maintained they were still engaged this fall -- though their wedding was postponed indefinitely -- but it looks like their love story doesn't have a fairy tale ending after all.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Ali and Roberto Split

None of these splits ever surprise me! I was never a fan of Ali, but did like Roberto. Oh, well, hope he finds someone that deserves him.
    dzigner likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Oh well. Could never stand Ali and wondered what Roberto ever saw in her. Single ladies in San Diego area take note- Roberto is available. If I were only 25 years younger and single.... he is one gorgeous man! Sigh!
    dzigner likes this.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Does anybody know what the deal is??? Did she break up with him, or he her??? What is the reason?

FORT Fogey

Dang. I really thought this one would make it.
    LovetheRoses likes this.

FORT Regular

I really was hoping for them to make it. I'm so bummed. I mean, I know I don't know them or anything, but I really wanted them to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr View Post
    Does anybody know what the deal is??? Did she break up with him, or he her??? What is the reason?
    Bachelorette Ali Fedotowsky has already returned her $50,000 diamond engagement ring after split from Roberto Martinez | Mail Online

By Laura Schreffler, Last updated at 8:22 AM on 23rd November 2011

Ali Fedotowsky apparently moves fast when it comes to engagements and breakups, given that she's already returned her ring.

The 27-year-old former Bachelorette star split from fiance Roberto Martinez earlier this week and promptly ditched her diamond.

According to RadarOnline.com, she has already given the $50,000 sparkler back to jeweller Neil Lane - who donated the ring to them as part of the show.

In fact, she reportedly did so less than 24 hours after splitting from her 28-year-old fiance.

She received the three-carat asscher-cut ring back in August of 2010 when Martinez, now 28, proposed on their ABC reality show.

She has also already moved out of the couple's San Diego home in the wake of their split.

'She's actually really upset right now,' a friend of the former Facebook employee told Us Weekly. 'She's going to be laying low for awhile.'

A separate source tells the magazine that the couple, who cancelled three wedding dates during their 18-month engagement, haven't been on the rocks for quite some time.

'Their relationship has been tumultuous since day one. They're either extremely happy or can't stand each other.'

The former couple have previously cited a kickboxing injury on her end and work scheduling conflicts as the reasons behind their postponed nuptials.

However, Ali's October explanation was far more telling than a simple excuse.

'We had a very short courtship and we only knew each other nine weeks before we got engaged. We are still figuring out our lives as individuals,' she said.

She has also publicly admitted that the two did have problems, though said their spats made her love her then-fiance more.

'We definitely have arguments,' she said, 'but we always make up afterwards and realise how much we love the other person.'

She and Martinez, a State Farm insurance salesman, made their final public appearance together on November 3 [in Las Vegas].

Also relevant would be ...

Ali flew back east, without Roberto, during the first half of this month and, also, during that period of time, they were no longer tweeting to and about about one another.

Ali and Roberto announced their wedding in April 2011 and, around the same time, it was publicised that Ali was up for co-hosting a weekly show on Style Network. Plans to produce the talk show were announced as cancelled November 7.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Thanks, ryansmommy! I know it shouldn't surprise me that it didn't work out, but I did have higher hopes than usual for them. I do think they will have more class than appear on Bachelor Pad next summer like Jake and Vienna!

FORT Fogey

It actually does surprise me. They were together for long enough past the "engagement" to have given it a good shot. I see them as any normal couple who falls madly in love, gives it a try and then discovers they cannot make it work long term. They stand apart from those who break up before ATFR or shortly thereafter. I like them both.

Speculating as to why, is a fools errand.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 11-27-2011 at 02:47 PM.
    justCoz and Baby's Breath like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    It actually does surprise me. They were together for long enough past the "engagement" to have given it a good shot. I see them as any normal couple who falls madly in love, gives it a try and then discovers they cannot make it work long term. They stand apart from those who break up before ATFR or shortly there after. I like them both.
    I think the same thing about Meridith and Ian. They gave it a go and it didn't work. They genuinely tried to make it work but it didn't. Better to find out now than actually marry and figure it out.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast