Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ali and Roberto Split

FORT Fogey

Re: Ali and Roberto Split

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    I think the same thing about Meridith and Ian. They gave it a go and it didn't work. They genuinely tried to make it work but it didn't. Better to find out now than actually marry and figure it out.
    Andrew and Jen, too.

I honestly don't think most of them have enough common ground to begin a relationship. They end up moving to places they aren't from and aren't familiar with and then trying to find jobs in that place is way to hard. If Fleiss wants them to make it,which I am sure he could care less, he needs to give them an all expense paid year in travel expenses to live in their home towns and commute back and forth. They would find out more where they would be suited to live and work and get to know each other better.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

FORT Fogey

Trista and Ryan, Jason and Molly are both success stories. Granted the odds are against finding lasting love on this show but it happens. It probably has a similiar success rate as online dating sites and or going to a bar. Women meet many men in their dating life that don't work before the one comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Andrew and Jen, too.
    I thought of them too. After seeing her season I blame her. I think he's still my all-time favorite bachelor.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I honestly don't think most of them have enough common ground to begin a relationship. They end up moving to places they aren't from and aren't familiar with and then trying to find jobs in that place is way to hard. If Fleiss wants them to make it,which I am sure he could care less, he needs to give them an all expense paid year in travel expenses to live in their home towns and commute back and forth. They would find out more where they would be suited to live and work and get to know each other better.
    OR pick the bachelor/bachelorette contestants that are from the same area. I think geography has a something to do with many of the breakups. Especially for women like Emily, who has a child to factor in. Heck, when I got married, I only moved 8 miles away, but it was a different town, different school system and I had to uproot my boys. They were pretty young and I moved them to a smaller town with a better school system, but if that hadn't been the case, I'm not sure I would have been willing to move. Shawntel was another....she said she'd move for Brad, but I don't think that would have lasted. She is too close to her family and has the family business to factor in. She wouldn't have been happy.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    OR pick the bachelor/bachelorette contestants that are from the same area. I think geography has a something to do with many of the breakups. Especially for women like Emily, who has a child to factor in. Heck, when I got married, I only moved 8 miles away, but it was a different town, different school system and I had to uproot my boys. They were pretty young and I moved them to a smaller town with a better school system, but if that hadn't been the case, I'm not sure I would have been willing to move. Shawntel was another....she said she'd move for Brad, but I don't think that would have lasted. She is too close to her family and has the family business to factor in. She wouldn't have been happy.

Good point. If Fleiss wants to up the odds for a love match it makes sense to consider kids and geography. East coast vs west coast; probably not necessary to get more detailed than this. I would eliminate contestants with kids, too. Ah, I hear the screams now. But really, it makes sense that a reserve about relocating is/would be profound. However, if you are young and not established in a career that is dependant on location, put them on the list.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 12-01-2011 at 06:16 AM.

lets face it this show isn't really set up to find love how can you focus on one person when you have so many to weed through and then really and truly get to know them...there have only been 2 or 3 couples that I thought really might have a chance of making it and Ali and Roberto were one of them...I am sorry that they couldn't make it work but you know how the old saying goes..you never really knows what goes on behind closed doors...I hope they both find the love and happiness with someone ...they deserve it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Regular

I really wanted them to make it as well. It made me smile to see two people in love.
    Shoepie likes this.

Roberto would be the best Bachelor.

Casting for bachelorettes shouldn't be difficult.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive View Post
    Roberto would be the best Bachelor.

Casting for bachelorettes shouldn't be difficult.
    GREAT idea - he is such a hottie. I heard he was really heartbroken over their split, though I think he's better off. After what little "acts" she did to get off Jake's show and get her own, I think there was something disingenuous about Ali.
    Coco46 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast