Closed Thread
Page 73 of 172 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 6 - POST FINALE MEDIA THREAD

Re: Bachelorette 6 - POST FINALE MEDIA THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4024831;
    'The Bachelorette' Ali Fedotowsky's diary leaked, details drug use

Oh yikes. All I can say is that it's good she has a very loving man because true or not, this sucks to be revealed and published everywhere. Jeez.
    Fortunately, like Roberto said in the teleconference he doesn't look at those things because they can do your head in with the tabloids. He said he had trust in her and that's all that mattered to him. He is devoted to her unconditionally. Which is good for any couple who comes together through the bachelor/ette franchise. Everyone is going to try to tear down your happiness from crazy exes to people you barely knew for money, to family members and fans of rejected bachelors. Everybody wants to tear down someone who is a success or has happiness. Fortunately most of this will die down a bit with time. Osme people were just waiting for the finale to pounce. BUt, as a couple who cam etogether in the public eye there will always be some of that out there. That's why having their escape in San Diego and the foundation and ability to zone out and totally focus on each other is handy. Roberto & Ali fortunately have that. Roberto will b ethe rock for ALi when she's tempted to get upset about this which has nothing to do with her present. Notice none of this went down 'til she became so poular on the BAchelorette. It always happens with the leads it will with Chris L or whoever is the new Bachelor too. It's nature of the beast. It's why it's so important you pick someone who is truly devote dto you and Roberto is to ALi.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4024831;
    'The Bachelorette' Ali Fedotowsky's diary leaked, details drug use

Oh yikes. All I can say is that it's good she has a very loving man because true or not, this sucks to be revealed and published everywhere. Jeez.
    Oh wow! I guess I'm really really happy for Chris now! Hope it's not true though, I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;4024841;
    Ali has been caught up in the LA/Hollywood scene since filming ended. She loves the attention and shopping freebies. She's a star, for now. She'll never give it up.

By contrast, I think of Melissa. Melissa does all the tv stuff, but has shown no interest in the social aspects or even the fame. While DWTS filmed, she spent all her free time with Ty. Even after getting the GMA job, she still doesn't spend any more time in Hollywood or NY than she has to for work.

Ali is a climber, and the way she keeps mentioning Roberto's "agency" and how he's starting his own business, I'm sure she's convinced him (for now) the continued limelight and exposure will be great for his business. I think he could care less about it but she's convinced him.

I think he's going to get very tired of being in the limelight very fast, and decide it's not worth it, he'd rather build his clientele the old-fashioned way, through being on site, providing personal service, and hard work, not being on tv.

When she starts spending more time in LA than San Diego to the point she's only commuting back on weekends ,while he's there all week setting up his business, that will be the test of whether they survive. I'm not sure they will, and I think Ali is being naive. Ty's business was already well established when Melissa's career took off. Roberto has moved to a city where he has no family, few friends and only Ali. If she's not there for him, I don't see this working in the long term.
    First of all, I don't think Ali is convincing him of anything. He's his own man and is doing whatever he wants. He adores her and being in Cali is what makes her happy so he made that move but I really doubt he's going to be chasing Kim Kardashian or The Hills cast around LA, trying to mingle and become BFF with them.

Second, IMO, Ali may have come on for fame or whatever but what she's saying now is genuine. Unless she's the coldest woman on the planet, I cannot imagine her saying things like she didn't know she could feel so loved, and only be playing it up for the cameras. Her "dating advice" interview upthread is very telling, about how she'd cry when boyfriends would treat her badly and go to bed angry. She knows what it's like to be in a bad relationship and unloved and she's not going to jeopardize the one she has now. I see no reason to not believe her when she says that he's 'everything.'

I think she'll come to LA on occasion to do some gigs, like Melissa, but in the end, what she wants is to be loved and have some cute babies with Roberto.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;4024844;
    You do know that the couple gets whored out the FIRST week after the finale right? Every couple made the media rounds. We're two days removed from the finale and that's the new ali and robert conclusion? K. Let's wait until ali and roberto are actually on DWTS before we start comparing their evenings to Melissa.
    She just signed with William Morris. Who had lunch with her and Roberto the day after the finale? The LA stylist, who did the diet story layout for US magazine (or whichever mag it was.) She calls Ali her client, and Ali now follows her on Twitter. Ali's FB page has an address to write for those interested in her doing media appearances. (if they were Bachelorette related, they'd go through the show, not her personally.) She's already talking about a televised wedding to save the $50 grand (her estimate of the cost, not mine.)

I could go on but I won't unless you want more examples.

This is not ending, whether she gets the DWTS spot or not. If it's not DWTS, it will be another show business spot. She's hooked. IMHO.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4024855;
    It always happens with the leads it will with Chris L or whoever is the new Bachelor too. It's nature of the beast. It's why it's so important you pick someone who is truly devote dto you and Roberto is to ALi.

Not all the leads. I can only think of Jake most recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;4024845;
    I knew Ali was all about the fame since after Jake's season. She is about as big as a fame whore as Jake as well. There was an article out today with Jake talking about the reason he didn't let Ali come back and he said he already knew that Ali was going to be the bachelorette.
    We ALL knew that phone call was scripted. They both knew exactly what would be asked and said in response. She left the show for her job and needed a hook back into the Bachelorette, so she asked for a second chance and was rejected. Bam, there ya go. I am thankful they didn't play it up the way we heard Brad Brad Brad Brad Brad Brad Brad on De's season. (The difference is that DeAnna really did fall for Brad.)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ali went into Jake's season with the assurance she'd be the next Bachelorette if she played her cards right.

I'm a lot more cynical than most fans but when I see something I believe in then I'll go with it until I'm proved wrong. I believe Ali and Roberto are crazy in love. We don't know if it will last, but I'm enjoying the ride. If they split up I think they'll have both learned a lot from each other and Ali won't ever settle for her old type again.

Regardless of what either did in their past... That is just that...the past, I'm sure even CHRIS has some things that he diesn't want out in the public, such like you and I..

Ali and Roberto have obligations to fill the next month or so.. its not fair to call anyone a "fame whore" at this point... that is part of the contract. Just like Chris is obligated to do the interviews he has to do..

Regardless of anyone's past that is really not us to judge... We have our favourites and dont want to see them get hurt.. But it does not mean the "non favourite" is any less human than the other.. I know I would just die if someone got a hold of my diary from over the years..

Your Diary is your personal thoughts and things you are proud of and NOT proud of.. It is a way to measure how far you have come over the years. And how much you have grown and learned along the way..

I will be so pissed if anyone judges anyone that comes from ones personal diary to gain an ego that some one is better because of what they read.. It actually sickens me..

I know what I saw this Past season and am extrememly happy with the results and if Ali and Roberto end up married with children that is fantastic.... If not... well... They will be no worse off than 50% of the population.. Chalk it up to another fantastic part of the Diary....

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4024855;
    Fortunately, like Roberto said in the teleconference he doesn't look at those things because they can do your head in with the tabloids. He said he had trust in her and that's all that mattered to him. He is devoted to her unconditionally. Which is good for any couple who comes together through the bachelor/ette franchise. Everyone is going to try to tear down your happiness from crazy exes to people you barely knew for money, to family members and fans of rejected bachelors. Everybody wants to tear down someone who is a success or has happiness. Fortunately most of this will die down a bit with time. Osme people were just waiting for the finale to pounce. BUt, as a couple who cam etogether in the public eye there will always be some of that out there. That's why having their escape in San Diego and the foundation and ability to zone out and totally focus on each other is handy. Roberto & Ali fortunately have that. Roberto will b ethe rock for ALi when she's tempted to get upset about this which has nothing to do with her present. Notice none of this went down 'til she became so poular on the BAchelorette. It always happens with the leads it will with Chris L or whoever is the new Bachelor too. It's nature of the beast. It's why it's so important you pick someone who is truly devote dto you and Roberto is to ALi.

Thanks Nikki! Well said.

FORT Fanatic

I mentioned earlier that the whole Jake fiasco with all her crying and trying to make the difficult decision to leave
    because of her job was a big lead up to her being the next bachelerette. MF has been in love with Ali since she
    did Jake's show and contrived a way to make her his next bachelorette. How many times has he mentioned that
    she has been his favorite lead? I think if he could think of a way to keep her around until next season we might
    see something else we've never seen before-the same bachelorette meeting 25 more guys to find her true love.
    I agree she is a fame whore and as soon as ample time has passed we will see a split up. Roberto better not
    make too many decisions too early-it could be a mistake for him.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure;4024719;
    I would for sure hitch the show to the Chris bandwagon and an older group of women. Keep it up with breaking the rules and breathing new life into an old, stale format. You'll always have drama, a true love story is so much rarer. A kinder, gentler, more realistic bachelor is what we truly crave to see.
    And truth be told, I FAR preferred the way the FRC was done this year -- with only one person. It just made it so much nicer to be able to focus on the COUPLE, not the drama. I hope they consider that for future seasons.

And ITA -- break the rules. They've been established long enough - we know what they are. This season's ending was refreshing.

Closed Thread