Closed Thread
Page 70 of 172 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120170 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 6 - POST FINALE MEDIA THREAD

Re: Bachelorette 6 - POST FINALE MEDIA THREAD

An article about Chris and some of his freinds commented towards the end

Ten minutes after Chris Lambton of Dennis, one of two finalists on Seaon 6 of ABC’s reality show “The Bachelorette,” received his walking papers from bachelorette Ali Fedotowsky, a radiant rainbow appeared in the cloudless Tahitian sky.

“I wasn’t the one, and it really hurts,” Lambton said. “Then I saw a perfect rainbow, and I knew that was my mom saying that when you put yourself out there for love, there’s a chance you’re going to be hurt. But my mom was telling me it’s going to be OK. I just have to learn from it and move on.”

Before Marjorie Lambton’s death in 2008, she told her sons to look for her in rainbows.

Minutes after arriving for her final date with Lambton, Fedotowsky, 25, told him she was in love with Roberto Martinez, 26, an insurance agent from Charlotte, S.C. “You’re one of the best men I’ve ever met, but when two people enjoy being together, hanging out, I don’t think that means they’re supposed to be together,” Fedotowsky said. “Do you understand? I’m in love with someone else, and I’m going to have to let you go here and not wait until [the final rose ceremony] tomorrow.”

Lambton bent his head, masking the hurt washing over his face. “This is really hard,” he said. “I put myself out there, and I haven’t done that in awhile. Thank you for being honest.”

Ali cried and the two exchanged hugs before she left Lambton alone. “I wasn’t’ the one, and it really hurts,” he said. “But the fact that she told me today, before the rose ceremony, I can never thank her enough for that.” Traditionally, the bachelorette makes her final selection by presenting one of the final two men with a rose and sending the other one home.

Several days earlier, Lambton’s hopes had been buoyed after meeting Fedotowsky’s parents, her sister Raya and brother Michael. During the visit, Lambton learned that like his father Ed, Ali’s father Alex is Canadian. The Fedotowskys cheered upon learning that Chris, too, is from Massachusetts [they live in Williamstown]. Raya said she hoped to see “a lot more” of Chris, Michael suggested they take in some Red Sox games together and Alex gave his blessing should his daughter accept Lambton’s marriage proposal.

“I really think Ali is my soul mate, my perfect person,” Lambton said following the visit. “I feel like turning around, grabbing her and running away. She’s the perfect girl for me. We’re going to have a wonderful life together.”

Two days later, his hopes were shattered.

Mixed response

Speculation runs high that ABC will tap Lambton for next season’s reality show “The Bachelor.” But those who know the 33-year-old landscaper aren’t so sure that he’d go for wearing his heart on his sleeve again, publicly.

During his brief appearance on the hour-long “After the Final Rose” following the season finale, Lambton said the replay of his rejection was painful to watch. “Sharing such a personal, intimate moment with the public is incredibly hard,” he said.

When “Bachelorette” host Chris Hamilton asked if he were angry, Lambton said no. “You can’t force love,” he said. “I don’t think I did anything wrong. The experience made me realize I’m ready to fall in love, to meet my soul mate.”

Then, brought face to face with Fedotowsky for the first time since her rejection, Lambton was the consummate gentleman. “Thank you so much for taking me on this journey,” he said. “I’m glad you found love because that’s what you’re here for.”

Some didn’t agree. Bernie Stron of South Yarmouth, who watched the final episode from Chapin’s restaurant, defended his friend. “Chris has far more class than she [Ali] does. He is far more sincere, and he has character.”

Lee Moynihan of Sandwich had four words to add: “Get the bracelet back!”

During a date in Portugal, Lambton gave Fedotowsky a Dennis bracelet, which she wore during her visit with Lambton’s family in their Corporation Road home.

Seasonal resident Andrea Jenney of Braintree was among the Lambton fans shocked by Fedotowsky’s decision. “WOW. I didn’t see that coming. My heart broke for him. Chris seems like such a great guy. I have no doubt that he will have his pick of women and find the ‘one.’”

Kimberly Pinto of Bensenville, Ill, shared her response to Lanbton’s rejection in an e-mail. “I was sad for Chris,” she wrote. “But as soon as the show ended, my first thought was please don’t say he is going to be the next bachelor. I think that would ruin the great person he is, and we have seen the [poor] success rate for the men.”
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Quote Originally Posted by restlessheart;4024757;
    Olga's boyfriend was taping her and a friend of theirs, Nate. Nate was off in his own little world; when asked about the finale, Nate just laughed. Olga said some nice things, like "we'll show this video to their kids"... but she was acting sarcastically happy for her brother. She said something that would've embarrassed Roberto tremendously, but I'm not going to repeat it now. I'm going with she was wasted.
    can you PM her reaction...please..

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Sooo many posts and so little time on the board...but I've caught up now!

First, a big thanks to lithargic, stayathomemom, and melindahavea for coming to the board and posting! I'm sure there were times you wondered WTH was I thinking b/c the reception wasn't so great but some of us really appreciated it.

Major kudos and also many thanks to the FoRTers here who shared their info Bloomers, Blondie Gal, MiniDiva, and Cash. Thanks for posting what you'd been told!!

I have to admit, Love_Me, I have to give you top prize because you posted the snapshot of what had been put up on the ABC website before it was quickly taken down (the location of where Ali received a proposal from her true love--paraphrasing). When things were looking grim and the media spin was in full force, I would remember what you'd found and kept the faith.

I know there are many others who contributed to the season and I'm sorry I can't name you all, so I'll just group us all together as Team Roberto and say you all ROCKED!! We had ourselves lots of naysayers but we kept the faith in what we were seeing and...lo' and behold, we were RIGHT!! And I'm not happy because we were 'right' but because we got to witness something that doesn't happen that often on the show. I haven't had such permagrins watching a couple since Andy and Tessa...but I knew when Tessa didn't make the move that it wasn't going to work out. Thankfully, Roberto's already headed west, so I've got a lot of faith in Alberto.

Now to address a couple of things...

Quote Originally Posted by lithargic;4024529;
    One thing MF has is a sense of what will bring in an audience. I have no doubt that they are looking for every possible way to capitalize on the current popularity of Ali, Roberto, and Chris! All of them are fan favorites right now so the time is right to strike. Fleiss is too smart not to see that.
    Would love, love, love to see an Ali/Roberto outtake show--maybe after The Bachelor Pad Finale or IF they do have an aired wedding, we could have a dedicated show prior to it.

And re: Chris becoming TB-- a small request from lil' ol' me -- PLEASE make sure there are a few down to earth, REAL gals chosen for Chris. I know there's always got to be drama but try not to get too caught up in that. I would prefer Chris NOT to be TB because I'm sure there's a great New England girl out there who'd fit in perfectly with his lifestyle but I know money talks... I'll keep my fingers crossed for Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure;4023846;
    But I did notice in their interviews together comments like Ali's about Berto is messy in the kitchen and Berto's that Ali is grumpy in the morning till she eats.
    Small indicators of Ali's true character, that only confirm what we saw of her on the show.
    Yikes--DH & I have been grouped with Ali & Roberto... ...or maybe that makes them sound like an old married couple. After all these years, DH's mess in the kitchen drives me crazy...and he knows I'm grumpy in the morning before I eat...but that's part of being a couple -- you accept the little things that drive you nuts! I don't think that has anything to do with a person's character...or maybe I'm saying that b/c that means I'm witchy too. I just wish I was lucky enough to have DH serve me b'fast in bed every day...but at least now we know why Roberto does it.

One final note (sorry for this book!) -- but thanks to all of you for the links and articles and pictures you've been posting. Life got crazy for me Monday, so it's been nice to have this place to come to catch up. Cupcakes, starting this thread was a fantastic idea!!

P.S. Jlccaz-- missed you this season. Glad to see your post!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnna fan;4024453;
    My video is up!! Search "Ali & Roberto - Endless Love" or copy and paste that on Youtube and it should pop up.

ETA: Quality should improve in a bit
    thanks this is adorable thank you brought tears to my eyes AGAIN

I am going to need a 12 step program soon

WTH why am I sooo into this couple?? I feel as though I could border on stalkerism.

I was thinking about setting up a twitter account just to follow them.

helloooooooo

I wish Ali and Roberto would be on George Lopez's show.....that would be great.

Alright I'm out for the night guys!! happy posting!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;4024626;
    Oh I so hope it will be in Tampa, I won't be at it, but I can hopeful get close enough.
    hahaha I can hear Roberto saying "There's a lot of yellow"
    just like Ryan said there was a lot of pink

I haven't posted all season but I just want to chime in on Roberto's sisters youtube video. I saw it too and I was shocked by the way she was acting. She was being very sarcastic and kind of making fun of Roberto. She was watching the AFRC and they showed the part where Ali was going on and on about Roberto and praising him and she was like I know things and shushing her finger. She didn't say anything bad but she was definitely acting weird. I'm glad they took the video down because it did not make her look good at all.

Another Poll
    Who would make a better Bachelor?
    Chris
    77%
    Kirk
    23%
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

oh I also want to mention that someone commented on the video and said something along the lines of " a lot can be said with no words" you could definitely tell her feelings by the way she was making faces and just looking at the camera when you heard the show in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;4024779;
    Another Poll
    Like we are surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by Erinn_123;4024773;
    I wish Ali and Roberto would be on George Lopez's show.....that would be great.

Alright I'm out for the night guys!! happy posting!!
    Me too! It would be fun.

Closed Thread