Closed Thread
Page 59 of 172 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 6 - POST FINALE MEDIA THREAD

Re: Bachelorette 6 - POST FINALE MEDIA THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by zacksmom1993;4024226;
    Eh? I think Ali needs to tell little bro to zip it. He's not doing her any favors, especially with his whole picking-up-chicks on his sister's celebrity shtick. I feel a little sorry for the guy since I'm sure he's not being coached and people are sticking a mic in his face. Maybe Roberto can teach him a few things?
    I didn't think he sounded bad and I don't think he's making Ali look bad either. He's a young guy from the east coast and to me, he had nothing but love for his sister. He actually sounded pretty genuine and didn't seem offensive IMO.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4024169;
    There's so much splicing and dicing that an editor can do to make perhaps him say things that he didn't really say in some context that I think MF is very capable of pulling off. I just worry about those things.
    This is true, and I don't think Roberto was aware that when he was whispering in Ali's ear, he was taking a chance that they could have him saying virtually anything in subtitles.

I always thought Kipton was rather naive concerning the editing as well. The truth is that the contestant doesn't have 100% control of his edit.

emusha, originally I also hear that Ali was a Cancer and then someone said a Virgo.

It would be interesting to see when her BD really is. I agree that she seems so much like a Cancer....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4024236;
    This is true, and I don't think Roberto was aware that when he was whispering in Ali's ear, he was taking a chance that they could have him saying virtually anything in subtitles.

I always thought Kipton was rather naive concerning the editing as well. The truth is that the contestant doesn't have 100% control of his edit.
    Thank you Bloomers. I know how powerful editing can be They can make a perfectly nice person and twist and turn it to be the most despicable person with editing. You got to be best-friends with editors. There's a reason there's an Academy Award category for this

Emusha, Here you go. They were playing with photographers outside refusing to let them see them kiss, lol. BUt, they wanted to makeout. SO, menus it was . Love Ali's gaze in last one

Yum

He's too cute! "Sorry, guys no kissing pic"

Pure love Sweeet!

I must have missed the "handshake". Where was that reported, and what is it all about?

I think it's unfair to say that Mike is putting a bad image out...the radio show guy was really bad about the lawnmowing joke about CL being a landscaper but honestly I think even CL would just joke right back at him - it seems right up CL's alley to joke around guys like that...I didn't think it was offensive and someone was defending CL's somewhat brash humour (about kasey, weatherman etc.) saying that's really the MA way...and it's just part of his humour. All mike did was LAUGH I really don't think he needs any scrutiny for this -- i would laugh really hard if someone made a lame joke about roberto's baseball or whatever...

his recent interview was good i think and I think he was talking about roberto as a fit for Ali. here's exactly what he said before we roast him on the coals. he also had some really nice things to say about Ali that i think are true.

for my sister, he seemed like a way better guy and a way better fit
    People can relate to her, she speaks her mind and she's honest. If someone is doing something she's not comfortable with, she'll be honest and let you know.
    They did a good job portraying her. Obviously they dolled her up a little bit, turned her into America's sweetheart, but Ali's turned into a great woman. She kept true to herself, as far as the guys she was looking for, what she needed and who she was. Like how she let Chris go early because she didn't want to hurt him. She truly cares for people. She didn't want to keep leading him on. She looks after people's feelings now because I know she's been hurt in the past.
    I think Mike is also acknowledging the growth Ali went through in this process when he says "she's turned into a great woman". coming from a little brother who probably used to bash her and pick fights it's saying a lot...

ETA: OMG these two are killing me!! that menu pic is delicious!! :lovetruc so they WERE deliberately NOT kissing in front of the cams. can't imagine how good that kiss must have been after waiting so long for it... yuuum indeed nikki thanks for posting!
    Last edited by emusha; 08-04-2010 at 05:52 PM.
    Team Alibeartito

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;4024228;
    SAHM is stayathomemom...

there was some discussion in the roberto thread about their zodiacs :-/ -- dunno where the virgo virgo detail came out but ali is suchhhh a cancer that its not even funny...do we know for sure they're both virgos? jorbo brought the cancer detail i think which conflicted with astropop or some such website but was more accurate??

I agree Alanna that description of leo-cancer is sooo their connection

I reallllyyy wanna see that pic of them behind menus but can't seem to find it! :help

RE: CL being a bach - CH commented on this and how it may be difficult on CL given the format of the show didn't he say CL is a one woman man? I also think CL being away from the dating scene for so long may affect his experience but either way I really think it would be such a rewarding/challenging/adventurous experience overall with ups and down and He has the fabulous character to handle it. regarding his family's editing - I really thought his interview hinted at the comments he got from family about how his mom and grieving was such a prominent part of his edit and that they were really proud about how he handled the aftr and breakup i.e. i think he's a lot more private and his parents are a lot more private than the amount of footage that was released of them. I think this is a bit unfortunate :-/ but then again Ali had a really bad mean girl /controlling/jealousy edit and she came back. even wes was back on BP! There may be compelling reasons for him to do it such as finding his soulmate - seeing R/A may show him the process can work...

About the tenley interview -- i'm so excited to see it. I hope someone posts it as soon as its up online. i really loved her from what i saw of her on jake's season and her with ali. they seemed really close. Wouldn't it be sooo funny if Tenley Kip Ali and Roberto hang out at the beach and go surfing, jetskiing, swimming etc... I remember droooooling and talking about this idea of Roberto and Kip on the beach halfnaked with someone on fort midway through this past season it may just come true!!
    Thanks emusha! Of course it is...I'm brain dead!!
    I can't wait to see the tenley interview too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;4024257;
    I think it's unfair to say that Mike is putting a bad image out...the radio show guy was really bad about the lawnmowing joke about CL being a landscaper but honestly I think even CL would just joke right back at him - it seems right up CL's alley to joke around guys like that...I didn't think it was offensive and someone was defending CL's somewhat brash humour (about kasey, weatherman etc.) saying that's really the MA way...and it's just part of his humour. All mike did was LAUGH I really don't think he needs any scrutiny for this -- i would laugh really hard if someone made a lame joke about roberto's baseball or whatever...

his recent interview was good i think and I think he was talking about roberto as a fit for Ali. here's exactly what he said before we roast him on the coals. he also had some really nice things to say about Ali that i think are true.
    the thing is it isint a lame joke about some small issue like baseball it is about his mother who passed away and the joke was not near funny it was classless and rude and I hardly doubt for a minute that Chris would find it at all funny
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4024256;
    I must have missed the "handshake". Where was that reported, and what is it all about?
    I haven't seen it yet, but it's a handshake they made up just for fun while in seclusion during the series.

Closed Thread