Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 6 - POST FINALE MEDIA THREAD

FORT Fan

Re: Bachelorette 6 - POST FINALE MEDIA THREAD

I don't think this has been post yet:
    (I think it is a South Carolina paper interview with Roberto, don't know when this happen, dated August 19)

The diamond guy - Life & Style - TheState.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bean07;4042235;
    LOL I adore Reid (he was my fav), but he would be would not have been good at that. I think Chris would do just fine, I think the process would actually help him open up more. I actually think he would be more comfortable being chased, then chasing someone, if that makes sense .
    Maybe Bean.. I understand what you're saying - and the only person of the opposite sex we ever see them exposed to is the Bachelor/ette, so I guess it's not fair to assume what he's like with all females in general.

I read somewhere that he was not happy with his edit in terms of the producers making it appear many of his conversations with Ali were about his mom. Maybe that's left a sour taste & that's why the reluctance.

In other news, Ali & Roberto were at La Jolla Cove tonight, not sure where that is!

Quote Originally Posted by laurenbk;4042241;
    Maybe Bean.. I understand what you're saying - and the only person of the opposite sex we ever see them exposed to is the Bachelor/ette, so I guess it's not fair to assume what he's like with all females in general.

I read somewhere that he was not happy with his edit in terms of the producers making it appear many of his conversations with Ali were about his mom. Maybe that's left a sour taste & that's why the reluctance.

In other news, Ali & Roberto were at La Jolla Cove tonight, not sure where that is!
    I heard that too, I think he is kind of reluctant because of all the attention he is getting, but judging from his tweets he seems more comfortable now. I just don't want to get stuck with TY, LOL . La Jolla I think is a suburb of San Diego .

Quote Originally Posted by laurenbk;4042217;
    I'm sorry, I don't really see the appeal for Chris as the next Bachelor. He's good looking and kind-hearted, but don't think he has the personality necessary to carry an entire season. I can't really envision him making his way around a room of 25 women comfortably, or later leading a group date with 10 caddy women.. to me it would be uneasy to watch. And not to sound shallow, but don't most of the Bachelors have successful careers or at least come from money? One might assume that the single, beautiful woman they typically cast would not normally be drawn to a 33 yr. old working in his dad's small landscaping business.

I think it would be fun to bring back a Bachelor not necessarily from last season, though not many come to mind.. someone like Reid would be great.

It seems like this franchise is starting to become like a fraternity for past contestants... and I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB continue having reunions to try to bring more couples together ala Holly Durst/Michael Stagliano & DeAnna/twin Stagliano - good publicity and actual success stories they can take credit for!
    I compleatly disagree let's not forget that Jason and Jake were leads if those two dolts have the "personality" to carry a show than anyone can do it. Chris has a great personality he is adorable, witty, funny, good looking, kind hearted the list goes on what's not to love
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;4042254;
    I compleatly disagree let's not forget that Jason and Jake were leads if those two dolts have the "personality" to carry a show than anyone can do it. Chris has a great personality he is adorable, witty, funny, good looking, kind hearted the list goes on what's not to love
    sooo true. Thinking about Jason and Jake's season makes me think we're in good shape even if they give it to Kirk and his bart simpson voice.

Ummm....didn't all the rag mags tell us Ali was single...till she wasn't? Wasn't that all part of the Master Fleiss Plan? Chris is the next bachelor. I have no evidence other than my observations of how Fleiss likes us to be surprised. Why else is he planting the seeds of doubt so widely? JMHO.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4042267;
    Ummm....didn't all the rag mags tell us Ali was single...till she wasn't? Wasn't that all part of the Master Fleiss Plan? Chris is the next bachelor. I have no evidence other than my observations of how Fleiss likes us to be surprised. Why else is he planting the seeds of doubt so widely? JMHO.

ITA. Think the opposite of what they are saying. I'm sure Chris was very reluctant when first asked but has been convinced to go for it. After seeing how happy Ali is, it probably gives him courage to also take the risk. I think his family/friends will be supportive. I would rather Chris than anybody else for the next Bachelor. He and Roberto were my favorites in Ali's season. The only thing I hope to be different is his kisses. Most of them looked so weird and unromantic. I had to close my eyes at times. Hopefully, he can make some corrections in that area. Other than that, I'm cool with him. Go Chris!

OK, not cool. Chris is on the radio right now and he stated he is meeting up with a bunch of former bachelor/bachelorette's next weekend and he was invited by Gia or something. *Barf* she needs to keep her claws away from him. Anyone who thinks Wes is better than Shakespeare needs some help.

FORT Fan

ChrisL on the radio

I'm listening to ChisL cohost the morning show on WCOD right now. He sounds on air like we came to know him on TV.....self-depracating, a bit awkward (he doesn't have future in radio), and witty. Here are some of tidbits I've gleaned for all of you so far:

One of his favorite movies is "Step Brothers". Used it for a movie clip contest. The winner didn't seem interested in ChrisL at all...which I found funny. There actually ARE people out there who don't care who he is

He likes ice cream.

The press calls his house and business all the time trying to get info.

He receives 10 to 20 letters a day. And lots of mixed CDs.

He's off to NC tomorrow to attend the Jimmy V Cancer golf tournament. He doesn't golf so he's going to caddy. "I'm only half-famous so I just get to caddy".

Co-host asked about all of TB reunions, etc. including the cruises. He said that, yes, he knows he's now part of this whole extended family. And that he would be in Providence next weekend with two woman from an earlier Bachelor. Then he mentioned that Gia was one of them.

While I still am in the camp that I hope that he doesn't do TB.....he can't really say that he's returned toa 'normal' life or is choosing to. Maybe he just wants to enjoy the ride and the travel while he can.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bean07;4042315;
    OK, not cool. Chris is on the radio right now and he stated he is meeting up with a bunch of former bachelor/bachelorette's next weekend and he was invited by Gia or something. *Barf* she needs to keep her claws away from him. Anyone who thinks Wes is better than Shakespeare needs some help.
    I didn't hear it that way. Just that they were both going to be at the event.

Closed Thread