Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 6 - POST FINALE MEDIA THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4042199;
    Does anyone think that maybe they released this story to bring more heat to Chris and thus, persuade him to accept? Or is it still to feel out if the general public wants him as their guy?
    I think the response from the general public is pretty overwhelming; they want Chris to be the next bachelor. Maybe they are releasing it to put the heat on him .

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4042207;
    Have they done this to past TB candidates?
    I don't think so. I don't think it made the major magazines when Kip and Reid turned downed the bachelor, but then again I don't think they have had anyone as popular as Chris. It seems like everyone loves him, they gave him the cleanest edit yet I think. Heck, in the previews for the season, we saw him up in Craig from Canada's face yelling at him and it got cut.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 08-19-2010 at 12:30 PM.

Re: Bachelorette 6 - POST FINALE MEDIA THREAD

I'm sorry, I don't really see the appeal for Chris as the next Bachelor. He's good looking and kind-hearted, but don't think he has the personality necessary to carry an entire season. I can't really envision him making his way around a room of 25 women comfortably, or later leading a group date with 10 caddy women.. to me it would be uneasy to watch. And not to sound shallow, but don't most of the Bachelors have successful careers or at least come from money? One might assume that the single, beautiful woman they typically cast would not normally be drawn to a 33 yr. old working in his dad's small landscaping business.

I think it would be fun to bring back a Bachelor not necessarily from last season, though not many come to mind.. someone like Reid would be great.

It seems like this franchise is starting to become like a fraternity for past contestants... and I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB continue having reunions to try to bring more couples together ala Holly Durst/Michael Stagliano & DeAnna/twin Stagliano - good publicity and actual success stories they can take credit for!

Quote Originally Posted by laurenbk;4042217;[B
    ]I'm sorry, I don't really see the appeal for Chris as the next Bachelor. He's good looking and kind-hearted, but don't think he has the personality necessary to carry an entire season. I can't really envision him making his way around a room of 25 women comfortably, or later leading a group date with 10 caddy women.. to me it would be uneasy to watch. And not to sound shallow, but don't most of the Bachelors have successful careers or at least come from money? One might assume that the single, beautiful woman they typically cast would not normally be drawn to a 33 yr. old working in his dad's small landscaping business[/B].

I think it would be fun to bring back a Bachelor not necessarily from last season, though not many come to mind.. someone like Reid would be great.

It seems like this franchise is starting to become like a fraternity for past contestants... and I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB continue having reunions to try to bring more couples together ala Holly Durst/Michael Stagliano & DeAnna/twin Stagliano - good publicity and actual success stories they can take credit for!
    I am pretty sure that Jason was an insurance salesman (not really rolling in the dough), plus it's not like Chris is just some dumb landscaper, he was a math teacher at a highly competitive school in NYC. He also is a RIOT, his out takes from this season were classic, I have no doubt his personality could carry a whole season. I highly doubt they would have a problem casting 25 women to fall all over themselves for Chris, he's a doll. Reid is currently dating the former miss USA so he is out of the running I would say .

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by laurenbk;4042217;
    I'm sorry, I don't really see the appeal for Chris as the next Bachelor. He's good looking and kind-hearted, but don't think he has the personality necessary to carry an entire season. I can't really envision him making his way around a room of 25 women comfortably, or later leading a group date with 10 caddy women.. to me it would be uneasy to watch. And not to sound shallow, but don't most of the Bachelors have successful careers or at least come from money? One might assume that the single, beautiful woman they typically cast would not normally be drawn to a 33 yr. old working in his dad's small landscaping business.

CL was a teacher for almost 10 years and he was a Dean for the school while pursuing a position in a highly competitive graduate program for aspiring school principals before he had to leave for his mom.

He completely downplayed his accomplishments as he's just not the type who likes to talk himself up what-so-ever.

Most of the past Bachelor/ettes aren't as successful as ABC makes them out to be. I know Brad, Travis, Jesse P and Andy B are probably pretty legitimately self-made but the rest either came from money or have very, very normal, down to earth jobs.
    Last edited by veryaddicted; 08-19-2010 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4042225;
    CL was a teacher for almost 10 years and he was a Dean for the school while pursuing a position in a highly competitive graduate program for aspiring school principals before he had to leave for his mom.

He completely downplayed his accomplishments as he's just not the type who likes to talk himself up what-so-ever.
    WOW I did not know that, good for him. What a guy to give that up, he should feel proud of himself.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bean07;4042227;
    WOW I did not know that, good for him. What a guy to give that up, he should feel proud of himself.
    CL was also in the role of Athletic Director and a coach as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean07;4042222;
    I am pretty sure that Jason was an insurance salesman (not really rolling in the dough), plus it's not like Chris is just some dumb landscaper, he was a math teacher at a highly competitive school in NYC. He also is a RIOT, his out takes from this season were classic, I have no doubt his personality could carry a whole season. I highly doubt they would have a problem casting 25 women to fall all over themselves for Chris, he's a doll. Reid is currently dating the former miss USA so he is out of the running I would say .
    I know he's smart & was previously a math teacher, but my understanding is he's left that behind to help in the family business.

There's a big difference between spewing funny one-liners and developing relationships / articulating feelings with several different women in a very fast-track dating environment. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by laurenbk;4042233;
    I know he's smart & was previously a math teacher, but my understanding is he's left that behind to help in the family business.

There's a big difference between spewing funny one-liners and developing relationships / articulating feelings with several different women in a very fast-track dating environment. JMO
    LOL I adore Reid (he was my fav), but he would be would not have been good at that. I think Chris would do just fine, I think the process would actually help him open up more. I actually think he would be more comfortable being chased, then chasing someone, if that makes sense .

FORT Fogey

Sure I agree CL will probably be super-uncomfortable being around 25 girls and having to break up with a series of crying girls week after week.

But you can't say he's not a successful man with his background and experience. He really did leave behind a successful career for his dad's business.

Also fyi, the information about CL being a Dean and Athletic Director for the school he taught, is from Capegal, one of the poster here, who seems to know a whole lot about CL
    Last edited by veryaddicted; 08-19-2010 at 12:48 AM.

Also Chris himself, said he moves more slowly in relationships than the other guys and we saw this on Ali season. I mean he an Ali were in the friend zone, perse' until the HTD, and supposedly that is when she got to see the "real Chris" and started to feel a little differently towards him.

I am little scared for him to be the LEAD, like lauren stated above... a date with 5 or more women, I could see that making him feel quite uncomfortable and being very akward.

Closed Thread