Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 6 - POST FINALE MEDIA THREAD

FORT Regular

Re: Bachelorette 6 - POST FINALE MEDIA THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Samc;4041547;
    Do you know if they're playing in Tampa? wonder if this is where he'll throw out the firsr pitch??? might need to find that game on TV
    oops, I meant to answer your post

the game is a Tues night in Boston

Quote Originally Posted by Samc;4041547;
    Do you know if they're playing in Tampa? wonder if this is where he'll throw out the firsr pitch??? might need to find that game on TV
    She said in Boston, but I checked and the team is the Tampa Bay Rays. So, that should be funny seeing Roberto with a Rays hat on there. Ha!

eta

Ali and Roberto stayed in Tahiti 5 days after filming! They were on the heart shaped island...Moorena. That's the heart shaped island, right?
    Last edited by atem; 08-18-2010 at 03:42 PM.

A couple poll results
    Extra poll
    Who has the “DWTS” stuff?
    * Audrina Patridge - 132 (23.7%)
    * Scott Baio - 112 (20.1%)
    * Ryan O’Neal - 84 (15.1%)
    * Landon Donovan - 50 (9.0%)
    * Florence Henderson - 48 (8.6%)
    * Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino - 46 (8.3%)
    * Troy Aiken - 45 (8.1%)
    * Ali Fedotowsky and Roberto Martinez - 39 (7.0%)
    Ok mag poll
    Should Chris L. be the the next 'Bachelor'?
    * Yes! — He is the perfect catch
    (77.0%, 248 Votes)
    * No Way! — The show needs to bring in new blood!
    (23.0%, 74 Votes)
    People poll
    Should Chris Lambton be the new bachelor
    Yes! he deserves his happy ending (80.3%, 630 votes)
    No, this show never works (20.1%,90 votes)
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mslady;4041329;
    Why do these shows always have recycles from other shows? It's getting tiring. We saw enough weeks of
    Ali and Roberto so why do we have to watch them for who knows how many more weeks? Give us new faces.
    I love DWTS and I think Jake was ridiculous, at best. Let's hope DWTS reconsiders having A & R and goes back
    to its original show format. Is the show having so much trouble getting celebrities to appear that we have to go with
    recycles?
    Some might say the same for whoever's named as the next Bachelor.

I'd love to see Ali & Roberto on the show. As Alanna has speculated, I could totally see them heckling and challenging each other each week. That would definitely be a refreshing change when compared to nasty looks and costars/partners snapping at each other. I would also love to see Sig from Deadliest Catch on the show. He's one of my favs. Can "The Situation" be on the show if he's in jail??

Can't wait to hear the official announcement!

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4041473;
    Unlike after Jillian's season, I really don't think this time they have a lot of good options if Chris turns it down, so I suspect they will pull out all the stops for him, unlike with Kip and Reid. I wonder if Chris knows how much bargaining power he really has. Although if he is really dead set against it for personal reasons, the producers will be fighting a losing battle.

Who knows--they could always go back to square 1 and choose someone who isn't a retread. I would most definitely love to see an athlete out there. I miss the old days where I'd see a gorgeous guy with abs of steel. Unfortunately, the last few seasons haven't done anything for me. (Matt, Jason, Jake--blech!) And having to watch Chris kiss would definitely cure me of the Bachelor next season.
    Last edited by cantstopwatchin; 08-18-2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: so no double post
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Yeah, but if they are at a Boston Red Sox/Tampa Rays game on the 7th, doesn't that mean they aren't on DWTS?

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4041598;
    Some might say the same for whoever's named as the next Bachelor.

I'd love to see Ali & Roberto on the show. As Alanna has speculated, I could totally see them heckling and challenging each other each week. That would definitely be a refreshing change when compared to nasty looks and costars/partners snapping at each other. He's one of my favs. Can "The Situation" be on the show if he's in jail??

Can't wait to hear the official announcement!
    Agreed. TB is all about the recycled contestant these days and will be once again if CL is next TB. I don't think we will see many new faces on that show anymore. If CL doesn't do it maybe they are looking at Jesse B to do it.

I also think we will continue to see TB people on DWTS. Good cross promotion and if they are using reality stars might as well use ones from your same network.

I think Ali and Roberto will either both do it or both decline. I prefer it that way too. I didn't know The Situation was in jail. What did he do? Yikes. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4041615;
    Agreed. TB is all about the recycled contestant these days and will be once again if CL is next TB. I don't think we will see many new faces on that show anymore. If CL doesn't do it maybe they are looking at Jesse B to do it.

I also think we will continue to see TB people on DWTS. Good cross promotion and if they are using reality stars might as well use ones from your same network.

I think Ali and Roberto will either both do it or both decline. I prefer it that way too. I didn't know The Situation was in jail. What did he do? Yikes. lol
    He is waaayyy too young. He would be the youngest bachelor yet, I think they will either offer it to Kirk or get someone new. Kirk IMHO would jump at the chance.

Ali and Roberto stayed in Tahiti 5 days after filming! They were on the heart shaped island...Moorena. That's the heart shaped island, right?

This is wonderful!
    R and I in Moorea after we got engaged. We stayed in a little... on Twitpic

Quote Originally Posted by Bean07;4041619;
    He is waaayyy too young. He would be the youngest bachelor yet, I think they will either offer it to Kirk or get someone new. Kirk IMHO would jump at the chance.
    I think it would prob be someone new too but I do think they might go with Jesse B over Kirk and even Ty if they stayed within TB frame. I'd like to see them go back and bring back a loved bach that didn't find love ala Brian from Tex, Fred, etc. I miss some of the "old" guys. I know it will never
    happen.

You know what I don't get? How come they can get their desired bachelorette's for the past few seasons (Jillian and Ali), but can't seem to get the guys to get on board (Kiptyn, Reid and now Chris)?

Closed Thread