Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelorette 6 - POST FINALE MEDIA THREAD

Re: Bachelorette 6 - POST FINALE MEDIA THREAD

ohhh i found another segment on E!

just a snippet of ali and tenley talking ...on the same link posted above go to the left sidebar entitled "videos" . scroll to find a video called "ali and roberto prep for new life" it's at minute point 00:42
    Last edited by emusha; 08-07-2010 at 03:22 PM.
    Team Alibeartito

extra poll for should they do a tv wedding?
    Total Votes: 1539

•Yes. I want to see! - 1321 (85.8%)
    •No. They should keep it private. - 218 (14.2%)
    Team Alibeartito

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;4028739;
    extra poll for should they do a tv wedding?
    Total Votes: 1539

•Yes. I want to see! - 1321 (85.8%)
    •No. They should keep it private. - 218 (14.2%)
    Great! I know I want a TV wedding.

Also, congrats to cupcakes! Her 'Hello' vid for Roberto and Ali has over 9,000 views! So awesome for her.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4028750;
    Great! I know I want a TV wedding.

Also, congrats to cupcakes! Her 'Hello' vid for Roberto and Ali has over 9,000 views! So awesome for her.
    1,000 or so of those are probably Ali herself (and me).

Their handshake is adorable, Ali looked really focused on it during the clip.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

With a very quick internet search I discovered that the lead story writer for the Bachelor show has quite the familial pedigree. I see that the story has been updated a few times since I originally read it. ~

Buffalo native finds his niche behind the scenes on ‘The Bachelor’

If Buffalo native Bennett Graebner's life had gone according to his script, he would have followed in the footsteps of film director Cameron Crowe of "Jerry Maguire" fame.

But the reality is the screenwriter and University of Southern California film school graduate is the supervising script producer for the popular ABC reality series "The Bachelor."

"I must admit when 'The Bachelor' came along I was a little reluctant," said Graebner in a telephone interview. "It had never been my dream to work in reality TV. I dreamed of being the next Cameron Crowe, not someone responsible for a reality TV show about falling in love. I took the job and never looked back. I love it."

He was named for both his parents. He is the son of prominent local attorney Dianne Bennett and former Fredonia State College history professor and author William Graebner.

"I think I'm kind of the black sheep of the family," cracked Graebner, who has a younger brother at Georgetown University's Law School. "Everyone seems more intellectual and more political. Here I am working in reality TV in Los Angeles. Thankfully, they put up with me."

A graduate of City Honors (1989), Graebner earned a degree in English literature at Vassar College before getting a master's degree in filmmaking at USC in 1998. He credits an English teacher he had at City Honors, Joe Shanahan, with inspiring him to become a storyteller.

"He told me once that I write like Thomas Wolfe, which I thought was a great compliment," said Graebner. "That inspired me to continue my love of stories."

He said he had "modest success" as a screenwriter for about 10 years after USC but sought a more stable job because he had a wife, two kids and a mortgage.

A Buffalo Sabres fan, Graebner considers himself the Mike Grier of "The Bachelor," a hard-working role player.

As supervising story producer, he oversees a team of story producers who are responsible for tracking the story lines of the character arcs of the entire season. His team assists the editors when the episodes are put together.

"My job is in looking at the material that comes in and deciding what's important, what's not important... What is going to happen in Episode Seven and how can we set that up in Episode Three."

He's worked on four "Bachelor" and "Bachelorette" programs in the two years since executive producer Martin Hilton persuaded him to join the program. Hilton read one of Graebner's screenplays and decided his skills fit reality TV needs.

"It really is about storytelling," explained the 38-year-old Graebner. "It really has a lot of the same kind of storytelling principles, like planning a payoff, character and story structure just from a slightly different perspective."
    rest of article ~ Buffalo native finds his niche behind the scenes on ?The Bachelor? - The Buffalo News

And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;4028755;
    With a very quick internet search I discovered that the lead story writer for the Bachelor show has quite the familial pedigree. I see that the story has been updated a few times since I originally read it. ~

Buffalo native finds his niche behind the scenes on ‘The Bachelor’

rest of article ~ Buffalo native finds his niche behind the scenes on ?The Bachelor? - The Buffalo News

Thomas Wolfe? Too funny.

What's really exciting is there is none of that backlash I was expecting! it really looks like they're the most popular cuttest little plush toy in hollywood news right now and america loves them and i'm sure more so cos they are doing their best and soo excited to be normal again lol
    with this kind of reception maybe dwts will happen after all!!!
    AND a special release of their never before seen scenes
    AND their TV wedding!!

ok those are my three wishes alibearto genie! now go make it happen! do your magic with the MFster

ETA:

zimbo has a good video of ali talking about her future plans. looks like she might be interested in a tv host gig...a lot of the interviews are posted there as well. she said she didn't want to have this opportunity go to waste. roberto looks so supportive nodding as she is talking...

Ali Fedotowsky Videos - Will 'the Bachelorette's' Ali & Roberto Do 'Dancing With the Stars'? - Zimbio
    Last edited by emusha; 08-07-2010 at 04:10 PM.
    Team Alibeartito

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;4028760;
    What's really exciting is there is none of that backlash I was expecting! it really looks like they're the most popular cuttest little plush toy in hollywood news right now and america loves them and i'm sure more so cos they are doing their best and soo excited to be normal again lol
    with this kind of reception maybe dwts will happen after all!!!
    AND a special release of their never before seen scenes
    AND their TV wedding!!

ok those are my three wishes alibearto genie! now go make it happen! do your magic with the MFster
    I totally agree with you - but I would like to make another wish or two to add to your wishes, if I may.

I wish that they leave the red carpet route alone - Not so many charity events - select one or two and support those to the best of their ability. Not every one that wants them to show up like another recent couple who did that who was on this show.l

I am thrilled to see that they had the ability to BOTH move from their past location to start a new relationship. San Diego is a great place to start as a couple. Roberto has his business to get off the ground and Ali will have plenty of opportunities in that area to start a business or whatever hits her fancy. It is my wish that they stay grounded and not play up to the cameras at every chance they get. Start a new life together, with each other as the number 1 priority, and they have a good chance at making it.

I'm also happy to see that they show some restraint with the paps - no excessive hugging and kissing each time one of the paps yells for them to do it. Continue like this and do it on your terms, not when every pap wants you to.

All in all, with only what we have seen this week, this couple is far above any of the other couples maturity wise, that have been on this show. I love the fact that Ali had some control at the end - that she said, I can only love one man at a time and refused to go along with woe is me, I love them both - don't know what to do. She showed that she did know what she wanted, and moved a couple of rules around to get to the end on the final day, with just Roberto. I love the fact that she kept that journal of her experience. If it has what all she was thinking as she went along - and she let Roberto see it, it could in my mind only reenforce her feelings from day one about who she was falling far, and who in the end, she loved - Roberto.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4028757;
    Thomas Wolfe? Too funny.
    An American novelist from the early 1900's, contemporary of William Faulkner and F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Quote Originally Posted by LibbyBell;4028776;
    An American novelist from the early 1900's, contemporary of William Faulkner and F. Scott Fitzgerald.
    I was laughing that he was being compared to Thomas Wolfe.

eta

Ali is hopefully going to be on DWTS. I think Roberto's job won't be able to let him do that though.

Ali has made it clear that she is willing to commute 2 whole hours for her potential jobs in LA, while keeping her and Roberto's life private.

Closed Thread