Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelorette After the Final Rose – Breaking The Rules And Fooling the Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: The Bachelorette After the Final Rose – Breaking The Rules And Fooling the Spoile

Quote Originally Posted by poinsettia;4028669;
    What Ali figured out with Jake was that she was not going to be the one and consequently got out of dodge.

This may have influenced the decision she made with Chris to let him go early. Which saved him some humiliation but all her actions were not as altruistic as some people are making them out to be.

If she is to be believed,Roberto was always the one. Although it would be interesting to see how the situation would have evolved with Frank as F2 had he not left.
    Quote Originally Posted by moflan;4028693;
    I do think she wanted Frank as one of her F2 only because he would have been easier to let go without breaking his heart. I wonder if Frank had made it to the F2 if she would have let him go the day or two before "Proposal Day" so that she could focus only on Roberto. CH saying that Frank's leaving in Tahiti changed everything for Ali may allude to this. Would she have been as thoughtful about telling him ahead of time as she was for a standup guy like Chris? We'll never know (or we won't know until so much time has passed that we really won't care).
    Ali would have taken him to F2 and it would have played out as usual. IMO we would have seen a storyline that pointed to Ali getting past the typical guy she normally dates and taking a risk on a guy that she's never thought she was good enough for.

FORT Newbie

Re: The Bachelorette After the Final Rose – Breaking The Rules And Fooling the Spoile

After all has been said and done, I have a whole different perspective on this season. What was produced was a 3 story adventure with Ali. #1 Frank/GF story which was created to give Ali cover in the event she did not find a suitable partner on this show. Ali told TPTB she did not want a fake ending. She and Frank were both in on this scripted story line. We were told this from the very start with the phoney car breakdown, the date in front of the "Hollywood" sign, you know, scripted, fake, fairytale, contrived, etc. Throw in the Justin GF story to enhance this theme. #2 CL/Next Bach story. This relationship was not real for Ali. she brought him along to promote him, as per TPTB, to be the next BACH. It's too bad he wasn't in on it because he fell hard for Ali. I don't think she realized how serious this was until her sister had to tell her he was in love with her and was going to propose. Ali panicked. Letting him go was painful to watch because she didn't now what to do or say. It was so awkward. She showed more emotion when she let Kirk go, whom she cared so little for, and of course her acting partner Frank at his departure. Chris was the unfortunate victim of collateral damage. #3 Ali/ Roberto lust story. That sums up the Ali season in a nut shell. Kudos to Ali for good acting in stories 1 & 2 and of course the Jake season phoney departure when her Bachette story line was formulated. No wonder MF thinks she's his best ever. That's show biz! Speaking of which, Ali hasn't wasted much time going into show biz. It's been all about Ali and what she wants. That's been the constant thread throuhout this process. When the bloom wears off the rose, will Roberto stay with his self centered partner who likes being in charge? Another edition of this soap opera wth amature players has come to a close.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lowkey;4029308;
    After all has been said and done, I have a whole different perspective on this season. What was produced was a 3 story adventure with Ali. #1 Frank/GF story which was created to give Ali cover in the event she did not find a suitable partner on this show. Ali told TPTB she did not want a fake ending. She and Frank were both in on this scripted story line. We were told this from the very start with the phoney car breakdown, the date in front of the "Hollywood" sign, you know, scripted, fake, fairytale, contrived, etc. Throw in the Justin GF story to enhance this theme. #2 CL/Next Bach story. This relationship was not real for Ali. she brought him along to promote him, as per TPTB, to be the next BACH. It's too bad he wasn't in on it because he fell hard for Ali. I don't think she realized how serious this was until her sister had to tell her he was in love with her and was going to propose. Ali panicked. Letting him go was painful to watch because she didn't now what to do or say. It was so awkward. She showed more emotion when she let Kirk go, whom she cared so little for, and of course her acting partner Frank at his departure. Chris was the unfortunate victim of collateral damage. #3 Ali/ Roberto lust story. That sums up the Ali season in a nut shell. Kudos to Ali for good acting in stories 1 & 2 and of course the Jake season phoney departure when her Bachette story line was formulated. No wonder MF thinks she's his best ever. That's show biz! Speaking of which, Ali hasn't wasted much time going into show biz. It's been all about Ali and what she wants. That's been the constant thread throuhout this process. When the bloom wears off the rose, will Roberto stay with his self centered partner who likes being in charge? Another edition of this soap opera wth amature players has come to a close.
    I think the Bachelor/Bachelorette always know who The One will be at the meet and greet. The others are just along for the ride. Also, when Frank was droning away in Tahiti, I wish they had spent less time on him and more time on the scenery. He didn't sound sincere.

Bravo... where were you 3 months ago... you could have saved me lots of work and angst. But you have summed it up very well here.

FORT Fogey

summed it up very well. It was obvious very early that she was trying to promote hometown boy for next bachelor. Frank was just like her. I wonder why she is soo peeved about it. He knew it would not be him and he got out quick. He did not want to spend the night with her and jeopadize his chances of getting Nicole back. Anyways. The farce continues.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=Nativenewyorker;4025475;]
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;4023865;

I am in complete agreement with these comments! I kept thinking back to Deanna's FRC and how awful it was when Jason got down on one knee to propose, only to have her stop him so she could reject him! One of my least favorite moments of this show EVER! It made me queasy. I told myself that I never wanted to see anyone go through that again.

Ali gave Chris the gift of letting him keep his dignity and not putting him through more grief. She wasn't going to fake the LCD and let him think he still had a chance. She wasn't going to let him stand there at the FRC and have to endure a painful rejection. She did the right thing, and how often do we see that on this show! I think Chris really did understand what she was doing and why. He felt the respect, affection and genuine caring from her. He was spared that final humiliation and for that, I will always be grateful.

My opinion of Ali has changed as I have watched this season. My biggest problem with her was why she kept Frank around so long. I just never saw the appeal of that guy, but I told myself - to each her own! I mean, with guys like Roberto and Chris, even Frank knew that he didn't have a chance! I like to think that both Roberto and Chris brought out the best in Ali. I think they all brought out the best in each other.

Somehow they got it right. We saw three grownup people acting respectfully and decently towards each other. That is what I want to take away from this season.
    Maybe you did not see Frank's appeal but Ali did. She definately preferred Frank over Chris. I feel from the first night, Ali knew it was Roberto and told MF and producers about it. They just had to continue the show, go through the process of elimination to get to the finale. I do not think Ali orchestrated Chris leaving. MF had to have a first time ever something. And, they came up with this with Ali's approval. She just executed her part.

I believe Ali genuinely loves Roberto. but apart from that, she can be quite cold blooded.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4023495;
    him "correcting" himself at the 11th hr, after pretty much the whole country knew the ending, doesn't count :nono RS was wrong, plain and simple His credibility will be forever questioned.... and I couldn't be happier, as now the spoiler section of FORT can go back to it's old ways of sleuthing the ending out.
    HURRAY!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Living;4029711;
    HURRAY!!!
    I hope that Mike Fleiss continues to stay one step ahead of Reality Steve, so that all of the endings of future BachelorBachelorettes are complete, total surprises, just like Ali's season was.

[QUOTE=Living;4029710;]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;4025475;

Maybe you did not see Frank's appeal but Ali did. She definately preferred Frank over Chris. I feel from the first night, Ali knew it was Roberto and told MF and producers about it. They just had to continue the show, go through the process of elimination to get to the finale. I do not think Ali orchestrated Chris leaving. MF had to have a first time ever something. And, they came up with this with Ali's approval. She just executed her part.

I believe Ali genuinely loves Roberto. but apart from that, she can be quite cold blooded.
    Maybe I wasn't clear about this in my earlier post, but I did get that Ali saw something in Frank that she liked. As I said, to each her own. I didn't see anything even remotely appealing about him, but that's me. She had some kind of connection with Frank from the beginning. With Chris it seemed to take more time, but always seemed more of a friendship on Ali's part.

One can question Ali's part in letting Chris go, but not the end result. It was the absolute right thing to do. I am not one to analyze or question why, for once, Ali and/or the producers did the right thing and spared Chris further humiliation and pain.

Deception is unfortunately part of the premise of this show. That's why it's so hard for me to watch. At some point the bachelor/bachelorette figures out who they want and then it's just all about playing along until the finale.

I felt that it was Roberto and Ali almost from the beginning, but it was that darn spoiler ending that kept giving me pause. My gut instinct and feeling was that these two connected early on and that was it. Fortunately, I decided that my gut instinct trumped the spoiler ending. I came here and found out all of the info that pointed to Roberto. I am just so glad that I didn't allow myself to believe that spoiler info to the exclusion of everything else.

As far as Ali being cold-blooded, well, I don't know that. We all see things from own individual perspective. I have seen much worse behavior on this show.

[QUOTE=Nativenewyorker;4030004;]
    Quote Originally Posted by Living;4029710;

Maybe I wasn't clear about this in my earlier post, but I did get that Ali saw something in Frank that she liked. As I said, to each her own. I didn't see anything even remotely appealing about him, but that's me. She had some kind of connection with Frank from the beginning. With Chris it seemed to take more time, but always seemed more of a friendship on Ali's part.

One can question Ali's part in letting Chris go, but not the end result. It was the absolute right thing to do. I am not one to analyze or question why, for once, Ali and/or the producers did the right thing and spared Chris further humiliation and pain.

Deception is unfortunately part of the premise of this show. That's why it's so hard for me to watch. At some point the bachelor/bachelorette figures out who they want and then it's just all about playing along until the finale.

I felt that it was Roberto and Ali almost from the beginning, but it was that darn spoiler ending that kept giving me pause. My gut instinct and feeling was that these two connected early on and that was it. Fortunately, I decided that my gut instinct trumped the spoiler ending. I came here and found out all of the info that pointed to Roberto. I am just so glad that I didn't allow myself to believe that spoiler info to the exclusion of everything else.

As far as Ali being cold-blooded, well, I don't know that. We all see things from own individual perspective. I have seen much worse behavior on this show.

Yes it was Roberto from the beginning. When I saw her on Ellen, which was the same day as the premeire, she was too giddy. I thought, she's in love and I got to see who this guy is. That stuck with me through the RS spoiler, why I couldn't believe she was single and then all the other things came, the move, the pic and etc. I don't think she cold-blooded, she has done some amazing changes and I have really enjoyed her considering I didn't care much for her in Jake's season.

Originally Posted by Beachmom

I am in complete agreement with these comments! I kept thinking back to Deanna's FRC and how awful it was when Jason got down on one knee to propose, only to have her stop him so she could reject him! One of my least favorite moments of this show EVER! It made me queasy. I told myself that I never wanted to see anyone go through that again.

Ali gave Chris the gift of letting him keep his dignity and not putting him through more grief. She wasn't going to fake the LCD and let him think he still had a chance. She wasn't going to let him stand there at the FRC and have to endure a painful rejection. She did the right thing, and how often do we see that on this show! I think Chris really did understand what she was doing and why. He felt the respect, affection and genuine caring from her. He was spared that final humiliation and for that, I will always be grateful.

My opinion of Ali has changed as I have watched this season. My biggest problem with her was why she kept Frank around so long. I just never saw the appeal of that guy, but I told myself - to each her own! I mean, with guys like Roberto and Chris, even Frank knew that he didn't have a chance! I like to think that both Roberto and Chris brought out the best in Ali. I think they all brought out the best in each other.

Somehow they got it right. We saw three grownup people acting respectfully and decently towards each other. That is what I want to take away from this season.

Yes she did. She had a hard time during the MTP. I could see she so didn't want to do it with Chris. I commented before the FRC, on the sc of her with her head in Chris chest, that she didn't want to kiss him, some had different opinions. After they left her parents, she was even trying to hurry up and send him away. She rubbed her nose and murmur because she didn't want to lie. So I think it was her idea and not MF to send Chris home before FRC. She just didn't want to try and forge through it, like she has all season. Her mind was always on Roberto, and his on her. This season has been like Roberto and Ali in the center and the drama and other stuff around them.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast