Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelorette After the Final Rose – Breaking The Rules And Fooling the Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: The Bachelorette After the Final Rose – Breaking The Rules And Fooling the Spoile

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4023583;
    with 5 sources feeding him false info, the only conclusion that I come to is that MF set him up. We've always had true spoilers on the boards, but as we had conflicting spoilers, you never knew with certaintly which were accurate until the show was over. RS and his sources were eventually going to ruin the Bach franchise so MF had to do something about it. Yes, RS and others of such ilk have brought lots of media attention to the show recently but after a few seasons of the ending be known without a shadow of doubt before the show even airs, people would stop watching. I'll give MF kudos on pulling this off
    I appreciate what Mike Fleiss did.

FORT sun

Re: The Bachelorette After the Final Rose – Breaking The Rules And Fooling the Spoile

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4023583;
    with 5 sources feeding him false info, the only conclusion that I come to is that MF set him up. We've always had true spoilers on the boards, but as we had conflicting spoilers, you never knew with certaintly which were accurate until the show was over. RS and his sources were eventually going to ruin the Bach franchise so MF had to do something about it. Yes, RS and others of such ilk have brought lots of media attention to the show recently but after a few seasons of the ending be known without a shadow of doubt before the show even airs, people would stop watching. I'll give MF kudos on pulling this off
    Absolutely! Watching a train wreck knowing the outcome is not a good analogy for romance, as I stated on the ABC bach boards. For this ending NOT to be as predicted by RS, gives the series back the mystery in romance (even if it is all scripted...or partly scripted..).

[QUOTE=Beachmom;4023865;]
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.;4021462;

My whole opinion of Ali and the show would have changed had she let him go through with the proposal. Class acts - all three of them. No wonder the staff and the other guys liked Ali so much. Thanks for the recap!

I am in complete agreement with these comments! I kept thinking back to Deanna's FRC and how awful it was when Jason got down on one knee to propose, only to have her stop him so she could reject him! One of my least favorite moments of this show EVER! It made me queasy. I told myself that I never wanted to see anyone go through that again.

Ali gave Chris the gift of letting him keep his dignity and not putting him through more grief. She wasn't going to fake the LCD and let him think he still had a chance. She wasn't going to let him stand there at the FRC and have to endure a painful rejection. She did the right thing, and how often do we see that on this show! I think Chris really did understand what she was doing and why. He felt the respect, affection and genuine caring from her. He was spared that final humiliation and for that, I will always be grateful.

My opinion of Ali has changed as I have watched this season. My biggest problem with her was why she kept Frank around so long. I just never saw the appeal of that guy, but I told myself - to each her own! I mean, with guys like Roberto and Chris, even Frank knew that he didn't have a chance! I like to think that both Roberto and Chris brought out the best in Ali. I think they all brought out the best in each other.

Somehow they got it right. We saw three grownup people acting respectfully and decently towards each other. That is what I want to take away from this season.

Quote Originally Posted by happy2bme;4022857;
    I wish Ali and Roberto the best.

But, Ali signing up with an agent really irks me. She has Roberto already moving to California because that is what "she" likes to live.

Maybe it is nothing but marriage is really more about compromise.

Maybe Roberto thinks he can get more customers due to her/their celebrity?
    I read somewhere that she is interested in getting involved in clothing design such as lingerie and (something else I don't remember). Not sure but maybe an agent would be ideal to start this kind of business. I believe Robert is the kind of man that is pretty laid back and truly wanted to make this move. The are moving to San Diego which is an amazing place to live. The temperature is practically perfect year round and lots of awesome beaches! The are going to be living about a 10-hour drive from SF so she's giving something as well. I really got the impression that they have spent many hours talking about their desires and future and that both have their heads on their shoulders. As far as him being a baseball "player" I just don't see that; he is a State Farm Agent and the baseball career was minor leagues anyway, he's moved on obviously. I think her business background could be a nice fit due to her understanding of his career and he said on ATFR that whatever career she choses she'll be "great at". He seems to adore her and she him...I wish them all the best and hope they will not read the boards with the sometimes negative posts. Also, for those who don't know Cali well, San Diego is about a 2 hour drive away from LA and Hollywood so it's not like they chose to live in the middle of the action.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;4024263;
    alohatami, thank you for your careful, in-depth analysis of the promo! Very impressive! I read that they splice sentences together: now I have proof! I don't know why they would go to the trouble of putting that promo together. Maybe they had the "angry" promo to get people to watch the ATFR show. Doesn't Chris H always sit to the right of whoever he's interviewing? It seems as if there's no purpose to flipping the image of Chris L to make it seem as if he was sitting to the right of Chris H, since Chris L was to the left of both Chris H and Ali during the interview. "All of a sudden," and "Boom, you're done," maybe could have been a reaction to a producer suddenly ending a date or a conversation that Chris L was having with Ali. Since they had to splice and edit to make it look as if Chris L was angry at Ali, Chris L might not have ever had an angry reaction to anything that Ali said or did. When Ali said, "That is," and "Not true," I'm curious if Ali she looking to her right or left? If she was looking to her right, she might have been reacting to something Chris H had asked her. Chris H might have interviewed her by herself, which was then not shown at all. Also, the ATFR interview might have actually been several hours long, and was then edited down to one hour. I read that the rose ceremonies actually take hours, and are edited down to a few minutes. During Jake's recent interview with Vienna, he lost his temper. If he had ever lost his temper during the taping of his season, it was edited out. With the editing and splicing, it's hard to tell what the people on the show are really like.
    These are the people who brought us the ugly break up between last season's "stars" so that we could get the closure that we NEED. So, these people obviously think that we NEEDED the hint of an ugly confrontation between Chris and Ali in order to get the closure we NEED.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;4023790;
    Updated

By BlondieGal
    August 4, 2010

Clues of who is the Final One ~

1 There is a picture of him/her that is not from the show photographers that looks like the star took it. It could be from the final date or after, or from the safe house. It is put on their Twitter, Facebook, Myspace or any internet site as their main photo.

2 There is evidence that they move to the star's state

3 There is evidence that they move their business to the star's state

4 They put their house up for sale

5 Their roommates are looking for a new roommate

6 They are MIA after filming

7 They are located shopping at a location near where the star wishes to live

8 They and their families totally avoid the media

9 When newbie posters come here and tell us so and their stories sound feasible and valid

10 When the other contestants get together before the show is finished airing, the F1 is not there, and production is not upset with them

11 When either the F1 has a horrible/bad/questionable edit or is hidden so as to hide the 'connection'

12 When Cupcakes creates the most awesome videos showing us the love story

13 When the ABC board lists the sweepstakes trip as the place where the star receives a proposal, and then takes it down the next day

14 The first day contestants photos are put up on the ABC board, there is a post from 5 days prior saying that the guy did not win due to distance. (Staff was trying out the posting system. Note to staff ~ try writing 'my very early mother jumped started up new potatoes' instead.)

15 The star is wearing jewelry during media interviews that resembles what a contestant either wore on the show or in their ABC photo

16 The star is doing commercials with Jimmy Kimmel

17 The star and her love sneak off away from the cameras and staff

18 When the Magic 8 Ball predicts otherwise

19 The guy or gal with the favorite and best edit is being promoted as next season's Bachelor or Bachelorette

20 All media polls have this person as runner up and the Fort has them as the winner

21 The ABC board mods quickly remove statements that give away the ending :nono

22 Repeats of the show are aired the following weekend

Indications that it is not a No-Pick season ~

1 When Fleiss says that the star is his absolute favorite over all the other stars. Especially true if Trista gets her feelings hurt and CH has to say that she is still his favorite

2 When the show is over 2 hours every week

3 The star is shown running around LA very happy and has a glow to her face

4 The female star is getting her hair done every other week in anticipation of seeing her fiancee

5 When bloggers say that there is a no-pick season. 100% confirmed.

~~~~~~~

Please feel free to pm me any additions or changes to the list.

Compare the commercial air between Canada and US channels:

For us Canadian watching CityTV, the commercial for the whole Bachelorette season was always 2 screen shots of Ali and then end with Ali in Roberta's arm twirling during their 1-1 date at night on the roof top (screen cap at preview, but not shown during show), that hinted to me that Roberto is the one

(from atem): In the US it seemed like they showed her kissing no one but Frank and Chris L!

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;4027041;
    These are the people who brought us the ugly break up between last season's "stars" so that we could get the closure that we NEED. So, these people obviously think that we NEEDED the hint of an ugly confrontation between Chris and Ali in order to get the closure we NEED.

Let's not forget the preview of Jake kicking something, but somehow that was not in the actual show. He was pissed at something, he was sitting by a fire. Jake is a baby thank God Ali got ride of him. I also think Ali figured him out an thus the I have to leave for my job.

FORT Newbie

What Ali figured out with Jake was that she was not going to be the one and consequently got out of dodge.

This may have influenced the decision she made with Chris to let him go early. Which saved him some humiliation but all her actions were not as altruistic as some people are making them out to be.

If she is to be believed,Roberto was always the one. Although it would be interesting to see how the situation would have evolved with Frank as F2 had he not left.
    Last edited by poinsettia; 08-07-2010 at 03:25 PM. Reason: edited for clarity

Quote Originally Posted by poinsettia;4028669;
    What Ali figured out with Jake was that she was not going to be the one and consequently got out of dodge.

This may have influenced the decision she made with Chris to let him go early. Which saved him some humiliation but all her actions were not as altruistic as some people are making them out to be.

If she is to be believed,Roberto was always the one. Although it would be interesting to see how the situation would have evolved with Frank as F2 had he not left.
    I do think she wanted Frank as one of her F2 only because he would have been easier to let go without breaking his heart. I wonder if Frank had made it to the F2 if she would have let him go the day or two before "Proposal Day" so that she could focus only on Roberto. CH saying that Frank's leaving in Tahiti changed everything for Ali may allude to this. Would she have been as thoughtful about telling him ahead of time as she was for a standup guy like Chris? We'll never know (or we won't know until so much time has passed that we really won't care).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sonyab1974;4023228;
    Huh? What do you mean? She was caring. She had tears. She felt bad.
    When Frank told Ali that he was going back to his other girlfriend, Ali looked down and shook her shoulders. I don't recall seeing any tears. The producers might have made it seem as if Ali was interested in Frank to distract viewers from the one that Ali was really interested in, Roberto. When Ali told Chris that he wasn't The One, there were tears flowing down her face. Why all of the tears for Chris? It could mean that Ali felt guilt that, according to the rules, she had to string him along... pretending up to the day of TFRC that she might be interested in him, when he always was just a friend.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast