Closed Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 8/2 FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread **NO SPOILERS**

Re: 8/2 FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread **NO SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;4031979;
    I don't know, even if they get married......some people probably still won't believe it's for real! It wouldn't surprise me. Many people didn't like Molly and Jason together so they refused to watch the wedding even though that was at least a successful outcome of the show. The same will happen with Ali and Roberto if they make it that far.
    That's the only thing I'm looking forward to watching on TV...their wedding!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4031992;
    That's the only thing I'm looking forward to watching on TV...their wedding!
    Me too. I am so looking forward to Aliberto's wedding next spring (and hopfully more information about them up to the wedding).

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4031969;
    Thank you. Yes, we saw Ali with Frank and Chris. Yes, questions are raised about Frank, esp. knowing that a) he wanted to leave in NYC b) she felt insecure with him, so, of course, we'll wonder how much was acting. With Chris, I do think they developed a bond but nothing like what is palpable between Ali and Roberto.

For as much of the love story that they hid, there was a LOT of it that they showed. Just the sheer number of dates that Roberto had with Ali said something. Even though I wasn't an ED fan, you could see that Jill was head-over-heels for him just by looking in her face and in her eyes. You saw that same vulnerability coming from Ali with Roberto on their FD.

Those who doubt that they'll make it will remain doubtful unless they get married. Only time will tell if they're for real.

Did people doubt Trista and Ryan?
    Re: the bolded...

I wasn't on FORT at that time, but from what I have gathered people were more surprised that Trista chose Ryan. I wasn't surprised at all, I was one of the few who thought that it was obvious. I feel like there are always people who doubt it will last; but, I would doubt that the rumblings were louder for her season than for some of the others.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4031969;
    Did people doubt Trista and Ryan?
    I remember alot of people thought Trista will pick Charlie (not me - I knew Trista's falling in love with Ryan after his poem), even though everyone knew Ryan's the right one. But when Trista pick the right one, everyone's floored by how she's really very mature and she knows a good thing when she got one.

I mean, everyone knew what an absolute sweetheart Ryan is.

I think some people thought Trista might screw it up with Ryan since she might want to be a superstahhh in Hollywood, but then, she went off and moved to Colorado with Ryan. Another surprise move. Then, the rest is history
    Last edited by veryaddicted; 08-10-2010 at 08:21 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;4032603;
    Re: the bolded...

I wasn't on FORT at that time, but from what I have gathered people were more surprised that Trista chose Ryan. I wasn't surprised at all, I was one of the few who thought that it was obvious. I feel like there are always people who doubt it will last; but, I would doubt that the rumblings were louder for her season than for some of the others.
    It may come has a surprise now, but at the time there was a lot of criticism for Trista herself. A good many people complained about her voice. They said she had a "baby voice", and it irritated them no end.

I liked Trista, and I thought she handled herself very well during her season. There was nothing trashy about her at all. She did have a tendency to go on and on about Charlie and how he had always been the kind of guy she had always dated, yada, yada....

Ryan <sigh> sweet, good-looking Ryan wrote the most corny poetry. It really was pitiful, but Trista loved it.

I thought Charlie was just too slick. He was a handsome, son of a gun, but I didn't think he would commit to Trista, and I don't think she did either.
    (Later inside info stated that much)
    Ryan was the underdog. The win for him was exciting and satisfying.

I thought Trista was a great Ette. I thought she would pick Ryan from early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4032825;
    It may come has a surprise now, but at the time there was a lot of criticism for Trista herself. A good many people complained about her voice. They said she had a "baby voice", and it irritated them no end.

I liked Trista, and I thought she handled herself very well during her season. There was nothing trashy about her at all. She did have a tendency to go on and on about Charlie and how he had always been the kind of guy she had always dated, yada, yada....

Ryan <sigh> sweet, good-looking Ryan wrote the most corny poetry. It really was pitiful, but Trista loved it.

I thought Charlie was just too slick. He was a handsome, son of a gun, but I didn't think he would commit to Trista, and I don't think she did either.
    (Later inside info stated that much)
    Ryan was the underdog. The win for him was exciting and satisfying.

I loved Ryan from the moment I first saw him, just as I did with Roberto. I thought his poetry was awful, but it was sweet and Trista clearly was touched by his efforts. Back then there were no spoilers all over the place, I didn't even know if there was a FORT, so I just went with my gut feeling that Ryan was her soulmate.

I know that many thought it would be Charlie. but for me it was always Ryan. I wasn't even aware that Ryan was the underdog. For me there was simply no one else.

In some strange way, I feel that I have come full circle with this season of the Bachelorette. Trista's was always my favorite. I haven't found one since that even came close. There was a strange similarity in the way I felt the moment I saw Roberto. There was something about him, besides the obvious good looks and sexiness. It was a kind of joy, a love of life, a happiness that radiated from him. He had this quiet confidence, knew who he was, seemed comfortable in his own skin and always came across as totally honest and real.

I haven't experienced this kind of feeling very often, so when I do, then I know it's special. Everything has come full circle and for the first time in a very long time, I feel that we have a real love story. I think we are going to see our storybook wedding!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;4032904;
    I loved Ryan from the moment I first saw him, just as I did with Roberto. I thought his poetry was awful, but it was sweet and Trista clearly was touched by his efforts. Back then there were no spoilers all over the place, I didn't even know if there was a FORT, so I just went with my gut feeling that Ryan was her soulmate.

I know that many thought it would be Charlie. but for me it was always Ryan. I wasn't even aware that Ryan was the underdog. For me there was simply no one else.

In some strange way, I feel that I have come full circle with this season of the Bachelorette. Trista's was always my favorite. I haven't found one since that even came close. There was a strange similarity in the way I felt the moment I saw Roberto. There was something about him, besides the obvious good looks and sexiness. It was a kind of joy, a love of life, a happiness that radiated from him. He had this quiet confidence, knew who he was, seemed comfortable in his own skin and always came across as totally honest and real.

I haven't experienced this kind of feeling very often, so when I do, then I know it's special. Everything has come full circle and for the first time in a very long time, I feel that we have a real love story. I think we are going to see our storybook wedding!
    I respectfully disagree. Ryan's so different from Roberto. Ryan's not suave or have the lines or the moves all the time. Nor can I picture him posing down Robertson Blvd with paparazzi.

Ryan does everything from the heart right from the first date by showing effort with his poem, drawing and flowers for Trista. He's just melting around Trista.
    Last edited by veryaddicted; 08-10-2010 at 11:14 PM.

Roberto and Ryan do have some similiar traits. Both love what they do, both aren't afraid of commitment, both are able to communicate their love. Ryan and Roberto are both solid, stable, and sincere guys. They are the rocks of their relationships and provide balance to their more outgoing mates. They are romantics and proud of it. They're sweet and hot guys. Nice match. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4032954;
    Roberto and Ryan do have some similiar traits. Both love what they do, both aren't afraid of commitment, both are able to communicate their love. Ryan and Roberto are both solid, stable, and sincere guys. They are the rocks of their relationships and provide balance to their more outgoing mates. They are romantics and proud of it. They're sweet and hot guys. Nice match. lol
    ITA with everything you wrote. The only difference is that Charlie was presented as the alpha dog and Ryan was the one trying to sweetly and quietly catch up. Here, Roberto was alpha and Chris was the dollface who was shy and sincere. It's a totally different edit for two pretty similar men.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Closed Thread