Closed Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 8/2 FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread **NO SPOILERS**

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: 8/2 FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread **NO SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4030800;
    They showed us an awful lot about Chris, and we fell in love with Chris; therefore, to the majority of folks, Chris seemed like the logical choice.

They showed us next to nothing about Roberto except that he was good-looking and charming; therefore, he was suspect to many people.

Perhaps, if they had shown us lots about Roberto, and they had let us really get to know him like we got to know Chris, many more people would have fallen in love with Roberto as well?

Ahhhh.....the power of the edit!
    If we're lucky, maybe we'll get to see more of their unedited time prior to their wedding and then those who weren't sold on Roberto will finally see what some of us saw.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4031061;
    If we're lucky, maybe we'll get to see more of their unedited time prior to their wedding and then those who weren't sold on Roberto will finally see what some of us saw.
    Not going to happen. I doubt we will see much of what happened behind the scenes or cut out.

Only time will tell if people will see how much they are gaga over each other.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4031504;
    Not going to happen. I doubt we will see much of what happened behind the scenes or cut out.

Only time will tell if people will see how much they are gaga over each other.
    I would love to see an unedited version of their love story but I don't think we will either. Perhaps if they marry and have a televised wedding they will do a multi arc show ala T/R and we would see some of what we didn't see at that time. That would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4031509;
    I would love to see an unedited version of their love story but I don't think we will either. Perhaps if they marry and have a televised wedding they will do a multi arc show ala T/R and we would see some of what we didn't see at that time. That would be fun.
    If they do last until their wedding day and airs on TV, sorry I won't be one of those people watching..

Quote Originally Posted by mrsbradwomack;4029921;
    Just curious... Does anyone think Ali is way more into Roberto than he is into her? Just watching the interviews, Ali looks ecstatic and overjoyed and Roberto is acting really happy and saying all the right things, but for some reason it doesn't seem entirely genuine to me. So I started thinking, a guy like Roberto can get pretty much any girl and I'm just wondering what it really is about Ali that sets her apart to him, besides the fact that she was the bachelorette and is now famous.

I'm just wondering. I really like both Roberto and Chris and I'm not doubting Roberto's character in any way, but just going by body language something about the way Roberto's acting tells me there's more to the story. He's just almost too smooth... the things he says sound too perfect and calculated at times. I really want to believe that they can make it work, but I don't know... What do you guys think?

Well there you go, someone state he moved his business. Well being my age, I know a guy isn't going to do that if he's just not that into you. He's not going to be protective of you, again if he's just not that into you, he'll leave you to handle your own battles. He was very pissed about what Frank did, she got to mean something to him, for that. But mainly if a man let you have your way, you better believe he loves you. The body language, the way he looks at her, kisses, hangs onto her, especially the hugs he gives her, speaks volume.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;4031827;
    Well there you go, someone state he moved his business. Well being my age, I know a guy isn't going to do that if he's just not that into you. He's not going to be protective of you, again if he's just not that into you, he'll leave you to handle your own battles. He was very pissed about what Frank did, she got to mean something to him, for that. But mainly if a man let you have your way, you better believe he loves you. The body language, the way he looks at her, kisses, hangs onto her, especially the hugs he gives her, speaks volume.
    Let's not forget that even Chris L in one of his interviews said that Roberto would come back to the house all starry-eyed after he was with Ali. This says a lot! He wasn't putting on an act with Ali and for the cameras and being another way around the guys. A man is really in love when he behaves that way around other men.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

CL also pointed out that both of them lit up when they were around eachother...to him they looked really in love starting from Turkey
    Team Alibeartito

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;4031963;
    CL also pointed out that both of them lit up when they were around eachother...to him they looked really in love starting from Turkey
    Thank you. Yes, we saw Ali with Frank and Chris. Yes, questions are raised about Frank, esp. knowing that a) he wanted to leave in NYC b) she felt insecure with him, so, of course, we'll wonder how much was acting. With Chris, I do think they developed a bond but nothing like what is palpable between Ali and Roberto.

For as much of the love story that they hid, there was a LOT of it that they showed. Just the sheer number of dates that Roberto had with Ali said something. Even though I wasn't an ED fan, you could see that Jill was head-over-heels for him just by looking in her face and in her eyes. You saw that same vulnerability coming from Ali with Roberto on their FD.

Those who doubt that they'll make it will remain doubtful unless they get married. Only time will tell if they're for real.

Did people doubt Trista and Ryan?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4031969;
    Thank you. Yes, we saw Ali with Frank and Chris. Yes, questions are raised about Frank, esp. knowing that a) he wanted to leave in NYC b) she felt insecure with him, so, of course, we'll wonder how much was acting. With Chris, I do think they developed a bond but nothing like what is palpable between Ali and Roberto.

For as much of the love story that they hid, there was a LOT of it that they showed. Just the sheer number of dates that Roberto had with Ali said something. Even though I wasn't an ED fan, you could see that Jill was head-over-heels for him just by looking in her face and in her eyes. You saw that same vulnerability coming from Ali with Roberto on their FD.

Those who doubt that they'll make it will remain doubtful unless they get married. Only time will tell if they're for real.

I totally agree with your entire post. As to the bolded part, I particularly agree. It is my honest opinion only, that there are many who will never believe they will be together (As I don't have a crystal ball, I don't have a clue) and even if they marry, there will be ones who will say it will not last. I have noticed with the several seasons I lurked here up untill now, there will always be the ones who believe and those who do not. That is human nature, unfortunately. Me, I just want to sit back and enjoy, hoping for the best. I'm just a romantic softie and I know it.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4031969;

I don't know, even if they get married......some people probably still won't believe it's for real! It wouldn't surprise me. Many people didn't like Molly and Jason together so they refused to watch the wedding even though that was at least a successful outcome of the show. The same will happen with Ali and Roberto if they make it that far.
    Last edited by sanlee; 08-10-2010 at 10:50 AM.

Closed Thread