Closed Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 132

Thread: 8/2 FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread **NO SPOILERS**

  1. #41
    FORT Fogey Beachmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,663

    Re: 8/2 FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by aname2;4022581;
    I saw it coming. For Ali and Roberto it was love at first sight and continued all the way through. The other guys were just thrown in for the viewers pleasure. It is too bad she had to lead Chris on, but that it is the way the show is staged. Do I think they'll last? They are both still pretty young, but they seem a lot more compatible than other couples in the recent past. I too get a Ryan/Trista vibe. However long it lasts, I wish them well. They are an adorable couple and seem like genuinely nice people. Good luck to them. (This is actually the first show I have watched steadily in sometime). I prefer the Bachelorette over the Bachelor any day (it is much better to see a lot of male eye candy than catty women).
    I love what you're saying here, and I'm mad at myself that I didn't or couldn't see it. I think it was because "I" was so pulling for Chris, and liked so many of the others, that I just glossed over it. I didn't watch yet during Trista and Ryan, but I think these two are the "real deal." I've gone back and watched, and I see from the very first how besotted she was. I think the time I really noticed was when they were on the rooftop after the tightrope date (or whatever you call it). He is holding her and she just looks up at him with such a look of love - can't call it anything else. She is saying now that she was in love with him from the start, and I believe it!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

  2. #42
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: The Bachelorette After the Final Rose Breaking The Rules And Fooling the Spoile

    Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31;4023673;
    Actually, he's by his own admission, not a sleuther at all. He makes fun of those on the board who really are phenomenal sleuthers. Perhaps if he had done some sleuthing instead of blindly trusting his sources, he wouldn't be regurgitating his big foot right now.
    Actually, I am quite perplexed. RS doesn't seem to be even a tiny bit surprised that his sources were absolutely, totally, and completely wrong. He doesn't seem to question how these five sources together came to the conclusion that she was beyond a doubt single and would be single even at the ATFR ceremony.
    That they were wrong is one thing, but that he doesn't even seem to question why or how they came to this erroneous conclusion is beyond the sleuther in me to comprehend.

    I simply can not imagine that he would not be trying to get to the bottom of it.

    He said that they came through for him at the end and seemed thankful for it. Maybe he was satisfied to leave it at that?

  3. #43
    FORT Fogey pbmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,426

    Re: The Bachelorette After the Final Rose Breaking The Rules And Fooling the Spoile

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4025379;
    Actually, I am quite perplexed. RS doesn't seem to be even a tiny bit surprised that his sources were absolutely, totally, and completely wrong. He doesn't seem to question how these five sources together came to the conclusion that she was beyond a doubt single and would be single even at the ATFR ceremony.
    That they were wrong is one thing, but that he doesn't even seem to question why or how they came to this erroneous conclusion is beyond the sleuther in me to comprehend.

    I simply can not imagine that he would not be trying to get to the bottom of it.
    He said that they came through for him at the end and seemed thankful for it. Maybe he was satisfied to leave it at that?

    He even got an email from the person that brought us the info of his zone change to CA. Yet he still didn't tell his source to double check nor did he care to change what he was saying.

  4. #44
    Yee-haw, salsa! terabithia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    834

    Re: The Bachelorette After the Final Rose Breaking The Rules And Fooling the Spoile

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4025379;
    Actually, I am quite perplexed. RS doesn't seem to be even a tiny bit surprised that his sources were absolutely, totally, and completely wrong. He doesn't seem to question how these five sources together came to the conclusion that she was beyond a doubt single and would be single even at the ATFR ceremony.
    That they were wrong is one thing, but that he doesn't even seem to question why or how they came to this erroneous conclusion is beyond the sleuther in me to comprehend.

    I simply can not imagine that he would not be trying to get to the bottom of it.

    He said that they came through for him at the end and seemed thankful for it. Maybe he was satisfied to leave it at that?
    I think he is hoping if he doesn't throw a fit they will come through for him again next season. He is afraid to upset them by sounding ungrateful or jerkish over the report of her being single, because he does appreciate the accurate info they gave him about the dates and elimination order. He needs that info to keep people coming to his site.

  5. #45
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: The Bachelorette After the Final Rose Breaking The Rules And Fooling the Spoile

    Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;4025413;
    I think he is hoping if he doesn't throw a fit they will come through for him again next season. He is afraid to upset them by sounding ungrateful or jerkish over the report of her being single, because he does appreciate the accurate info they gave him about the dates and elimination order. He needs that info to keep people coming to his site.
    This is a mystery we most likely won't settle; however, on the sleuther board we like the spoilers, too.
    Those people who came from behind the scenes with the goods were welcomed on the FORT with open arms, so it is hypocritical to blast RS because he had spoilers.

    His attitude, though, is something else. We get spoilers, and sometimes they are right, and sometimes they are wrong. We know to throw them out there and let them be dissected and tested. Nowhere near 100% of them are going to be right.
    It's the boasting and the bragging that irritates folks, imo, and makes it worse when you are wrong. That's what got Steve.

    I will give him credit. When he found out he was wrong, he handled himself graciously, I thought.

  6. #46
    FORT Fogey veg_out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: The Bachelorette After the Final Rose Breaking The Rules And Fooling the Spoile

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4025379;
    Actually, I am quite perplexed. RS doesn't seem to be even a tiny bit surprised that his sources were absolutely, totally, and completely wrong. He doesn't seem to question how these five sources together came to the conclusion that she was beyond a doubt single and would be single even at the ATFR ceremony.
    I'm sure you've seen this, Bloomers, but there was an E Online article with an insider who stated that they fed false information to various spoiler outlets to keep the finale a surprise. I think that, when they struck gold with Alberto, the war was on; they'd go to any lengths to protect the ending.

  7. #47
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: The Bachelorette After the Final Rose Breaking The Rules And Fooling the Spoile

    Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4025602;
    I'm sure you've seen this, Bloomers, but there was an E Online article with an insider who stated that they fed false information to various spoiler outlets to keep the finale a surprise. I think that, when they struck gold with Alberto, the war was on; they'd go to any lengths to protect the ending.
    If that is the case (and I don't doubt it), then his 5 sources must have had - shall we say - a change of heart and decided at the last minute to clue him in correctly?
    There is something just remarkedly odd that his 5 sources were positive that she was single, and just before the finale was shown, they suddenly discovered that alas, she has been engaged all of this time.
    Remarkedly odd, this change in the 5 sources.....

  8. #48
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: The Bachelorette After the Final Rose Breaking The Rules And Fooling the Spoile

    Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4025602;
    I'm sure you've seen this, Bloomers, but there was an E Online article with an insider who stated that they fed false information to various spoiler outlets to keep the finale a surprise. I think that, when they struck gold with Alberto, the war was on; they'd go to any lengths to protect the ending.
    But yet they told Us and People?
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  9. #49
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    496

    Re: 8/2 FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread **NO SPOILERS**

    I'm sure RS isn't losing sleep over this. He'll be back full force next season.

  10. #50
    Yee-haw, salsa! terabithia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    834

    Re: The Bachelorette After the Final Rose Breaking The Rules And Fooling the Spoile

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4025699;
    But yet they told Us and People?
    Oh to be a fly on the wall for that discussion... Could they really have done it JUST to slap down RS? "Haha, you didn't get the real ending this season but these mainsteam sources did! Look who's all-knowing now!" Do they really care that much about faking him out and rubbing it in his face? I don't know.

    Ali mentioned that things got tense and hurtful when people started to accuse her of being an idiot for not being able to pick one stellar man out of the finest F2 EVER. (I have to admit I thought she was crazy too, even though I argued for a no pick being her right.) I don't think they'd leak a well kept secret just to reign back in the support for their star, but maybe they thought it'd lead to better ratings if people were confused and didn't know for sure how it ended. RS says this, People says this, US says this, etc. We didn't know who had it right. Surely that helped the ratings?

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.