Closed Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 8/2 FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread **NO SPOILERS**

Re: 8/2 FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread **NO SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;4034163;
    This gave me a mental image that totally cracked me up, which I really needed today, thank you.
    Glad to help.

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;4034163;
    This gave me a mental image that totally cracked me up, which I really needed today, thank you.

I didn't notice the yellow dot (soo funny) but I was thinking she probably described it to him in detail before she left their LCD. I know that's exactly what I would've done, wouldn't want to risk someone else making a mistake and tipping him off to the wrong ring.

I think she described the ring and I also think he knew she'd be talking to Chris in the morning. His facial reaction at the FRC is not one of confusion (huh? why? did he bail like Frank?), it's happiness with a little bit of surprise. So I think he knew she left him to break things off with Chris but he didn't know if she actually went through with it until the FRC.
    The implication is that she slept with him and woke up in his bed on the day that she was supposed to have her LCD with Chris. So if Roberto didn't know he was The One after that, then he must have thought Ali is one heck of a skank. LOL.

So yes, I'm sure he knew what was happening and that he was the F1.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4034213;
    The implication is that she slept with him and woke up in his bed on the day that she was supposed to have her LCD with Chris. So if Roberto didn't know he was The One after that, then he must have thought Ali is one heck of a skank. LOL.

I feel in my gut that Ali told Roberto she loved him during the LCD (that little smile on the bed). He totally knew he was the one. Also there's an extra day unaccounted for which I think could have been an extra day with Roberto without the cameras before the FRC. He absolutely knew.
    Sometimes nothing needs to be said........you just know there's a connection. Ali/Roberto.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;4034225;
    I feel in my gut that Ali told Roberto she loved him during the LCD (that little smile on the bed). He totally knew he was the one. Also there's an extra day unaccounted for which I think could have been an extra day with Roberto without the cameras before the FRC. He absolutely knew.
    I hope you're right, it's really nice to think about. And something special just for the two of them. They had a story to tell for the tv show, which explains why they had a tiny bit of doubt over whether or not he'd propose, blah blah blah. Roberto said in an interview the FRC day didn't play out on TV how it really happened because he was nothing but excited and ready to propose.

Oh, I think I found proof of a Frankenbite but I don't feel like spending the time it'd take to track down. On the FD or LCD Ali says something like "... Roberto is the man for me, but I just don't know." That last part sounded off to me, like it had been spliced on. On viewing the Iceland episode again I noticed she says "I just don't know" in a VO and it sounded exactly the same to me. I wouldn't put money on it without comparing the two first, but it made me go woah! when I heard it in Iceland.

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;4034011;
    hey I'm all for it! too bad there are not little yellow dots for all these guys to follow!

Roberto has exquisite taste... As a Chris/Ali fan and believing what Chris has had to say about Ali, I think Roberto made a very wise choice in choosing her back
    I'm not sure I understand that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4034846;
    GA, Ali always said that it wasn't just about her handing out roses to guys (her choosing them) it was also about the guy choosing her back. I think that is what CL is referencing-- Roberto was smart in choosing her back.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4034213;

During the ATFR, Roberto said he knew he's F1 when he climbed up the steps to greet Ali at the FRC and Ali smiled at him. That's when he knew.

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4035166;
    During the ATFR, Roberto said he knew he's F1 when he climbed up the steps to greet Ali at the FRC and Ali smiled at him. That's when he knew.
    He might be telling the truth here but we have to remember there are stories all the contestants tell to support the TV version of events, which the editors play a large role in creating with their Frankenbites and other tricks, and then there's "what really happened." I don't think it'd sound good for them to say in interviews Ali stayed the night on the LCD and she told Roberto before leaving she was going to cancel the date with Chris and send him home. That isn't what we saw on TV and it'd expose how much they manipulate events to tell a story.

That's the sort of story that might come out eventually (if that's what happened, I have no idea) but this is the time when everyone tries to stay on the same page and stick to what happened on TV.

Roberto has deviated a little bit in one interview (I forget which one), he admitted there was no hesitation to propose on his part, he said something like "even though it didn't show that way on TV." They needed to keep people guessing until the end.

I do believe 100% that Ali's smile at the FRC told him everything was A-OK and she was eager and excited for him to get down on his knee already. I have no doubt it made him feel like a million bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4034846;
    Hang tight GuardianAngel I meant no harm in it...

If someone that I care about choses someone and speaks highly of them (Chris about Ali, is always respectful, says she is an amazing girl), I take his word for it that she is pretty special. And then for that special girl to choose Roberto... I am glad he in turn had such exquisite taste to choose her back. (She always said it was not just her giving a rose but them choosing her back.)

latergator, I was just asking the question. I wasn't insinuating anything other than I didn't know what it meant.

Closed Thread