Closed Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 132

Thread: 8/2 FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread **NO SPOILERS**

  1. #101
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: 8/2 FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;4032988;
    The edit is a funny thing. In reality Craig R and Ali both said that Roberto was the shy, genuine soft-spoken guy and Chris was the outgoing, also genuine, life of the party kind of guy. From the information we've been given post show (not just the bias edit), Roberto's personality seems more in line with Ryan's.

    Personally, I like Roberto A LOT more than Ryan and Ali more than Trista. I'm glad that people see similarities between the couples. I'm looking forward to Alibearto setting their own path, as every couple should.
    That's exactly what I meant.

    Roberto is the loving, tender guy. The difference is that Ryan was presented to us that way so he was the underdog, but here, it was Chris who was shown like that with Roberto more in the 'Charlie' role.

    I like both Roberto and Ryan a LOT. They're really, really solid matches for their respective partners. I love that the first and only couple Trista is comparing herself to is A&R. It's the first and only couple I'd compare Trista and Ryan to too.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  2. #102
    FORT Fanatic biglove44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    600

    Re: 8/2 FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4033043;
    That's exactly what I meant.

    Roberto is the loving, tender guy. The difference is that Ryan was presented to us that way so he was the underdog, but here, it was Chris who was shown like that with Roberto more in the 'Charlie' role.

    I like both Roberto and Ryan a LOT. They're really, really solid matches for their respective partners. I love that the first and only couple Trista is comparing herself to is A&R. It's the first and only couple I'd compare Trista and Ryan to too.
    I get what you're saying now and I agree with that assessment.

    Terabithia - I concur regarding the JK segment and other post show interviews of Roberto.
    Last edited by biglove44; 08-11-2010 at 12:47 AM.

  3. #103
    Yee-haw, salsa! terabithia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    834

    Re: 8/2 FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread **NO SPOILERS**

    I was thinking tonight how freakin' hilarious the Meet the Parents segment would have gone if Frank was in the final 2. Seriously. Think about it. Pretend your daughter brings you Frank and Roberto and asks which one she should marry. *grin*

    Let's see...

    1) Roberto. As if I need to list all his Amazing (sip) qualities.

    2) nervous twitchy mess, lives with his parents, his Dad says he isn't ready for a commitment, works at Gap Kids, wants to be a screenwriter

    Door number #1 or Door number #2?

    The one thing Frank had going for him is that he could be pretty funny, I can see why he made Ali laugh so much. But there are a million funny guys out there and only one Roberto.

    BTW, I think this was the plan: she'd bring her "normal type" to F2 and dump him as representing all the guys in her past who stomped on her heart and preferred XBOX over snuggling with her. And then she'd walk away with her Prince Charming. Publicity polls on People.com would have said 99% Roberto and 1% Frank. (His relatives would have voted a few times probably, so I'll give him 1%.)

  4. #104
    FORT Fanatic Nativenewyorker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chatsworth, California
    Posts
    463

    Re: 8/2 FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread **NO SPOILERS**

    I found the discussion about Ryan and Roberto interesting. I was just trying to say that they are alike in that they seemed to end up with their one true love. I don't know if Ryan and Roberto are actually alike in real life. There are some obvious similarities from what we saw on their respective seasons. They both seem to be true romantics. I think they both knew that they had found "the one" fairly early on in the process.

    They both seem very real, sincere, sweet and grounded.

    The love story itself is what resonates with me. I just feel that Roberto and Ali are so right for each other in so many ways.

    It's interesting to hear that the edit made Roberto and Chris out to be opposite of who they really are. Now that I watch clips of Roberto, knowing that he has said how private he is, I can understand why he whispered so much and talked softly to Ali. It was his way of trying to carve out some moments of special time between them, while the cameras were rolling. That really touched me.

    I am over the moon about Roberto and Ali. It makes me feel giddy and I find myself humming my favorite songs all day long. I seem to walk with a spring in my step and a smile on my face. I am so very happy for them!

  5. #105
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    175

    Re: 8/2 FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;4033204;
    I found the discussion about Ryan and Roberto interesting. I was just trying to say that they are alike in that they seemed to end up with their one true love. I don't know if Ryan and Roberto are actually alike in real life. There are some obvious similarities from what we saw on their respective seasons. They both seem to be true romantics. I think they both knew that they had found "the one" fairly early on in the process.

    They both seem very real, sincere, sweet and grounded.

    The love story itself is what resonates with me. I just feel that Roberto and Ali are so right for each other in so many ways.

    It's interesting to hear that the edit made Roberto and Chris out to be opposite of who they really are. Now that I watch clips of Roberto, knowing that he has said how private he is, I can understand why he whispered so much and talked softly to Ali. It was his way of trying to carve out some moments of special time between them, while the cameras were rolling. That really touched me.

    I am over the moon about Roberto and Ali. It makes me feel giddy and I find myself humming my favorite songs all day long. I seem to walk with a spring in my step and a smile on my face. I am so very happy for them!
    I just love them together. Roberto speaks so softly that I didn't realize I'd missed half of the things he'd said to Ali while on their dates. There are sweet nothings and then there are sweet somethings and going back and listening to him 'whisper' in her ear, I absolutely see why she kept thinking he was too good to be true. I probably would have been questioning him too. LOL! Anyhow, I'm glad she made the right choice. They are setting up house in San Diego. Roberto is trying to get his business set up. She's interviewing. I think they really, really could make it and they DO remind me of Trista and Ryan ... except I think I like both Roberto and Ali better ... I hope things work out.

  6. #106
    Yee-haw, salsa! terabithia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    834

    Re: 8/2 FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by sjcaligurl;4033240;
    I just love them together. Roberto speaks so softly that I didn't realize I'd missed half of the things he'd said to Ali while on their dates. There are sweet nothings and then there are sweet somethings and going back and listening to him 'whisper' in her ear, I absolutely see why she kept thinking he was too good to be true. I probably would have been questioning him too.
    I am delighted to see you here again sjcaligurl. Someone suggested we watch with CC on because sometimes it will reveal Roberto's whispers or finish a sentence that was edited out of the video. I only have youtube to go on though, so no CC for me. If anyone wants to point these things as they find them out in the roberto thread that'd be really cool. Cause we're obsessed like that. *rolls eyes at self*

    Yeah, I would have had a problem believing he was for real too. Bet she asked him a lot of questions about why he was still single. There's a comment on his facebook fan page left by someone he worked with back east, she told him to bring Ali around the office next time they're in the area so she could hear stories about him that confirm he's everything he presented himself to be on the show.

  7. #107
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: 8/2 FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread **NO SPOILERS**

    The ladies in his office nominated him. Kirk said that Roberto is like he is on TV and is a good friend.

  8. #108
    FORT Fogey albean99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,285

    Re: 8/2 FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4032986;
    They are both absolutely adorable and in love. It's telling that Trista sees herself and Ryan in Ali and Roberto. It's been a long time since this show had had a fairytale ending. Maybe this is the season we get another one. Wouldn't that be wonderful?
    I don't think she said that. What I remember is that she said seeing the FRC reminded her of when she & Ryan got engaged. It wasn't a comment on A/R at all but her thinking back fondly.

    Every season the fans of the couple think it's the best ever and that's natural. Time will tell.

  9. #109
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    847

    Re: 8/2 FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by albean99;4033323;
    I don't think she said that. What I remember is that she said seeing the FRC reminded her of when she & Ryan got engaged. It wasn't a comment on A/R at all but her thinking back fondly.

    Every season the fans of the couple think it's the best ever and that's natural. Time will tell.
    I know, that's what I read into what Trista said too in her twitter. Maybe I missed a twit or an article.

  10. #110
    FORT Fanatic moflan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly Burbs
    Posts
    708

    Re: 8/2 FINALE AND ATFR Show Thread **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;4033117;
    I was thinking tonight how freakin' hilarious the Meet the Parents segment would have gone if Frank was in the final 2. Seriously. Think about it. Pretend your daughter brings you Frank and Roberto and asks which one she should marry. *grin*

    Let's see...

    1) Roberto. As if I need to list all his Amazing (sip) qualities.

    2) nervous twitchy mess, lives with his parents, his Dad says he isn't ready for a commitment, works at Gap Kids, wants to be a screenwriter

    Door number #1 or Door number #2?

    The one thing Frank had going for him is that he could be pretty funny, I can see why he made Ali laugh so much. But there are a million funny guys out there and only one Roberto.

    BTW, I think this was the plan: she'd bring her "normal type" to F2 and dump him as representing all the guys in her past who stomped on her heart and preferred XBOX over snuggling with her. And then she'd walk away with her Prince Charming. Publicity polls on People.com would have said 99% Roberto and 1% Frank. (His relatives would have voted a few times probably, so I'll give him 1%.)
    ITA with your post. I think Frank represented the closure she needed with all her ex-bfs who had dumped her in the past and having him in the F2 and then breaking up with him would be cathartic. We'll never know and it looks like she is on the path to a lifetime of love with Roberto.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.