Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelor - Then and Now - on E 7/28

The Bachelor - Then and Now - on E 7/28

Did anyone see this last night?
    I thought it was a lot better than the one that ABC did a while back.
    It seemed a lot more real.
    I loved how some of the interviews went - esp. those with Matt the British Bachelor. He pretty much indicated it was all a sham.
    Interesting to see the woman from Prince Lorenzo's season - the one who considered herself a Princess. She's now in law school.
    They also showed Byron and what he's up to after Mary, Deanna and how she's with the brother of a guy from Jillian's season, Ed and Jillian probably just before they broke up.
    Rozlyn Papa again stating how the charges were trumped up and she was just absolutely shocked when Chris accused her on the show. She did seem to go about how great her modeling is going these days. But, she said how she'll have to explain to her son about all this in the future.
    It was great seeing Andrew again. Still such a cutie.
    Could have done without Bob who, IMO, came across as totally fake and over the top.
    And, somehow, they managed to make Mike Fleiss look a lot better physically than he's ever before looked on TV.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Re: The Bachelor - Then and Now - on E 7/28

Submitted by HowRYa:

Rozlyn Papa was interviewed by Richmond Magazine.

Richmond Magazine

Some very interesting info about the show ie

Q:When you signed up for The Bachelor, did you think at all that you’d meet someone you’d have a relationship with?

A: When I signed up, they said [the competition is] between three guys: It’s going to be either Kipton, Reid or Jake. I never watched the show, so my sister and I YouTubed them. I talked to the producer, [who asked], “Is there any one that you like?” And I said, “Kipton and Reid, but I’m not interested in Jake.” And then, just before I left, they said it’s going to be Jake, and I said I’m not interested. They said, “Oh, it’s fine, just see what happens.”

They didn’t care that I wasn’t interested in him. So, for them to criticize me and say that I wasn’t there for the right reasons — they already knew that I wasn’t going to fall in love with this guy and that I wasn’t attracted to him. They’re not interested in that. They don’t care about people falling in love; they care about the ratings and the drama.

They have story-writers. Everything is very calculated. They knew going in that I wasn’t interested in this guy, but they cast me anyway. They were very much pursuing me to be on the show. It wasn’t the other way around.

and

Q: Do you think they planned to cast you as the villain?

A: Absolutely. Everybody on the show — unbeknownst to the cast — has a cast sheet. I wasn’t supposed to see this, but because I made friends with one of the producers, I saw my own. So, it gives your background information, your likes and dislikes and insecurities. I mentioned to somebody, “Oh, I’ve got skinny legs, and that makes me self-conscious.” They have that on there; they want to exploit the things that make you insecure.

And they also said that I was going to be this season’s Wes [a Bachelorette contestant who confessed to having a girlfriend at home]. So before I even got to the show, my cast sheet said I was going to be this season’s Wes and that I wasn’t going to get along with the other girls. That was my story line.

They can’t control everything; they can’t control what you do, but they have a basic guideline of how they want the season to play out.

There’s 25 girls [at the Bachelor mansion] the first night [of the show]. You get to L.A. a couple of days before filming starts and do the photo shoots and everything, but they actually fly out about 30 girls. And every single one of those 30 girls thinks they’re definitely on the show. In reality, five of those girls are backup girls. In case somebody backs out or won’t do what they want them to do, they’ve got replacements. They want to see who’s going to be dramatic enough for the camera and if they’re going to follow directions

Yes, I loved this show. I enjoy Erica Rose, and watched her on VH1's You're Cut Off. Her mother was on the last show and it explained A Lot about Erica. It was like one of my "parent-teacher conference" moments when I look at the parent and say to myself ... "Ohhhhh. Nevermind."

I liked seeing the former players, and was a little surprised at British guy's snark about the whole thing.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I missed it. I know it comes on again, but does anyone know when?

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4015568;
    I missed it. I know it comes on again, but does anyone know when?

I think it is on tomorrow (Sat) at 1pm Central.

I just read and saw on RS's twitter that the re-edited the show and took him out and replaced him with a lady basically saying what he said! Anyone see it yet?

The Bachelor: Then and Now is on E! right now and what Andy Baldwin said was hilarious.

Andy said that people were saying oh, you should have chosen so and so instead of the one he chose, and he says...really? Were you there?

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4017012;
    I just read and saw on RS's twitter that the re-edited the show and took him out and replaced him with a lady basically saying what he said! Anyone see it yet?
    Yeah, it's some random lady speaking RS' words. Super strange. Fleiss is so stupid and petty.

I also really liked Matt's interview but only because it bodes so well for A/R. He said that when the show was over, he was locked in a safehouse with a woman who was essentially a stranger to him, and he had no idea what was happening and how he got there pretty much. OTOH, when A/R were in the safehouse, they were planning where to live and making up handshakes.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4032162;
    Yeah, it's some random lady speaking RS' words. Super strange. Fleiss is so stupid and petty.

I also really liked Matt's interview but only because it bodes so well for A/R. He said that when the show was over, he was locked in a safehouse with a woman who was essentially a stranger to him, and he had no idea what was happening and how he got there pretty much. OTOH, when A/R were in the safehouse, they were planning where to live and making up handshakes.
    Matt Grant's part: "I proposed to a woman shorter than me, who had nothing in common with me. Did I make a mistake? Yes. Did I look like an idiot? Yes. Did I regret it? A little bit."

Alanna, Roberto and Ali were still happy as ever after the season wrapped and after they spent all those times in the safehouse. And you're right, they planned a future together and had alot of fun. So it does bode well for them.

LOL. Actually it's a "woman a FOOT AND A HALF shorter than me"
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast