Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelor - Then and Now - on E 7/28

FORT Fogey

Re: The Bachelor - Then and Now - on E 7/28

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4032193;
    I think she said "he went back to his life of partying" or something like that but it made "sense" to her. She's still sleeping with him though, so, uhh...

Smack yourself, Jillian!
    I hate that for her!!

Ed has it made. No engagement, he got her out of his home and out of the country, he can be with other women, and he can have Jill. I expect this back and forth to go on for years. He will never marry her but she will give him years of her life waiting. She's already wasted a year on him. I feel for her.

Andy was really funny and very honest as was Matt. I always liked Andrew Firestone as well. I don't think Aaron was on show but I read recently he has is having huge financial issues with his business. I didn't see all of the first season so I didn't know much about the woman with the panic attack but MF of course thought that was great. lol She's married with 2 beautiful kids now. The saddest thing for me is what Brad went through after the show. Poor guy could barely leave his home and totally suffered due to viewer response. That's just taking things too far.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4032905;
    Ed has it made. No engagement, he got her out of his home and out of the country, he can be with other women, and he can have Jill. I expect this back and forth to go on for years. He will never marry her but she will give him years of her life waiting. She's already wasted a year on him. I feel for her.

Andy was really funny and very honest as was Matt. I always liked Andrew Firestone as well. I don't think Aaron was on show but I read recently he has is having huge financial issues with his business. I didn't see all of the first season so I didn't know much about the woman with the panic attack but MF of course thought that was great. lol She's married with 2 beautiful kids now. The saddest thing for me is what Brad went through after the show. Poor guy could barely leave his home and totally suffered due to viewer response. That's just taking things too far.

If you read Ed's website he did visit with JIllian in Alberta. They attended a wedding and according to someone at the lodge they were staying noted how they seemed in love...but she had no ring on. He mentioned how beautiful Banff was and how great the wedding was....

Ed likes to have fun, but seems to also be very into his career and very intensely involved in technology and the lastest work that involves.

If you further checked out his website he is working on a foundation he started along with his former company Green Canyon.

This foundation which was his idea is striving to bring technology into the lives of kids in needy countries. They are having a seminar and drumming up support for the foundation sometime in August in Chicago. He mentioned heading to Africa in the future..

..I hope his foundation takes off.....he mentioned in a bio at one time how important education was to him being he was the only kid in his family to graduate from college.

Ed mentioned when promoting his foundation on a Chicago radio station that he still loves JIllian, misses her, and is sad they are apart.

If he is off running around with all these women then he sure is not in the eye of the tabloids......he seems busy with his tech stuff and seems when he has free time he is spending it with JIllian, golfing with his buddies, and missing her....

They both seem to have careers that focus on helping people in need...and good for them.....I hope they work out their differences (as Ed stated) and end up together.....if not, I wish them both luck in their careers and life.

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4033021;
    If you read Ed's website he did visit with JIllian in Alberta. They attended a wedding and according to someone at the lodge they were staying noted how they seemed in love...but she had no ring on. He mentioned how beautiful Banff was and how great the wedding was....

Ed likes to have fun, but seems to also be very into his career and very intensely involved in technology and the lastest work that involves.

If you further checked out his website he is working on a foundation he started along with his former company Green Canyon.

This foundation which was his idea is striving to bring technology into the lives of kids in needy countries. They are having a seminar and drumming up support for the foundation sometime in August in Chicago. He mentioned heading to Africa in the future..

..I hope his foundation takes off.....he mentioned in a bio at one time how important education was to him being he was the only kid in his family to graduate from college.

Ed mentioned when promoting his foundation on a Chicago radio station that he still loves JIllian, misses her, and is sad they are apart.

If he is off running around with all these women then he sure is not in the eye of the tabloids......he seems busy with his tech stuff and seems when he has free time he is spending it with JIllian, golfing with his buddies, and missing her....

They both seem to have careers that focus on helping people in need...and good for them.....I hope they work out their differences (as Ed stated) and end up together.....if not, I wish them both luck in their careers and life.
    If Jillian was the love of his life, his soulmate, then they'd still be engaged or even married. When a guy finds his "one", he'll go after her no matter what. No charity work or demanding job would get in the way. I like Jillian, I hope she finds happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;4033036;
    If Jillian was the love of his life, his soulmate, then they'd still be engaged or even married. When a guy finds his "one", he'll go after her no matter what. No charity work or demanding job would get in the way. I like Jillian, I hope she finds happiness.
    Roberto moved his life and business across the country, no hesitation, to be with Ali after knowing her for a few months. Nuff said.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;4033036;
    He seems to be doing just that... he has mentioned many times that he loves her and they talk everyday. He mentioned they needed to reset. If he was totally into being single and wanting out then they would be done, nada, zilch and you would hear about him running around town with girls all over the place.....

Doesn't seem to be the case.....

....what I was pointing out was the man who some think is just this party animal has a full life that involves important and worthwhile business that hopefully someday will help kids all over the world.....

He is not what a tabloid magazine made him out to be. Most people are more than the trash that these people relish and throw out there for a lot of money.

Every person who ends up married or engaged at some time question their relationship, especially a couple who came off a reality show and were rushed into getting married.

Maybe some day Ali and Roberto will have the same questions in the real world that JIll and Ed have to face....maybe not. Ali and Roberto seem to be very much alike....not the case with Ed and JIllian to me.....

He is technical and as he stated not one to show his feelings freely....she is just the opposite into the artsy world and wears her heart on her sleeve....maybe they need to work on these differences......of course just guessing.

Not everything with Ed is this player or womanize, or else he never would have got engaged, or lasted for as long as he did

.....he just is set in his ways and has been single a long time and maybe needs time....and she is also set in her ways, and seems stubborn ..... and maybe both have to work on compromise....

Maybe they never will come to be....but I feel they will always be friends and that says a lot about both....

I think Jillian called off the engagement and moved out to give Ed a wake-up call. He was *bleeping* disappointing her. She had to work on Extreme Makeover Home Edition so she'd be away from him anyway, it was really perfect timing. Sounds like they're trying to work things out but I don't know what is in Ed's heart or his intentions. I believe Jillian is fantastic and want only the best for her. Hope she doesn't waste too much time on the guy.

I thought it was sweet they looked up a youtube video of their FRC after seeing Roberto and Ali's finale. That stirred up something in them. Maybe Roberto will inspire Ed to be a better man. ETA: Chris too, Chris and Roberto could both give him notes.
    Last edited by terabithia; 08-11-2010 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;4033129;
    I think Jillian called off the engagement and moved out to give Ed a wake-up call. He was *bleeping* disappointing her. She had to work on Extreme Makeover Home Edition so she'd be away from him anyway, it was really perfect timing. Sounds like they're trying to work things out but I don't know what is in Ed's heart or his intentions. I believe Jillian is fantastic and want only the best for her. Hope she doesn't waste too much time on the guy.

I thought it was sweet they looked up a youtube video of their FRC after seeing Roberto and Ali's finale. That stirred up something in them. Maybe Roberto will inspire Ed to be a better man. ETA: Chris too, Chris and Roberto could both give him notes.
    Really they did that? Wow, can't believe how much Ali and Roberto's proposal/FRC affected people! lol Trista and Ryan and now Jillian and Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;4033146;
    Really they did that? Wow, can't believe how much Ali and Roberto's proposal/FRC affected people! lol Trista and Ryan and now Jillian and Ed.
    I went to check his blog for the quote and he said they pulled up clips of them on youtube so I can't swear they looked up their FRC but, you know, they probably did.

He wrote about it on his blog, it's currently the post at the top of the page: www dot swiderski dot info

"We also pulled up some old clips on YouTube of us, just to relive the moment of when we were famous for a microsecond. " (there's a little more on the blog)

ETA: If you haven't read Ed's blog before, check it out. He's a funny guy and his comments on the episodes this season are short but funny and a bit irreverent. (He writes the way RS wishes he could.) Good stuff, if you don't take it seriously, he's just having fun. (I was never a JED fan, actually really despised the guy last year, but eh, whatever, life's too short to hold grudges against reality TV contestants. Though Johnny Fairplay still makes my skin crawl.)
    Last edited by terabithia; 08-11-2010 at 02:34 AM.

Ed is a really good guy. He's an honorable man and it's a shame that the lies and gossip from last year are still hanging over his head and he's still being maligned. I read stuff that some people post and I just shake my head in amazement at the stories they have dreamed up about him. Jillian's family and her closest friends love the guy. They know the truth about him and know that he's nothing like what's written in the tabloids and on the internet. I hope Ed and Jill can work out their differences. They're perfectly ordinary people who are doing their best to make a relationship work and recent indications are that they are doing just that. I wish them well, as they both deserve happiness.

ETA: If you haven't read Ed's blog before, check it out. He's a funny guy and his comments on the episodes this season are short but funny and a bit irreverent. (He writes the way RS wishes he could.) Good stuff, if you don't take it seriously, he's just having fun.
    It's good you 'got' his humor. It's a little off the wall! He tends to be pretty snarky and sarcastic and thus he's misunderstood sometimes but you're right, he is very fun and funny.
    Last edited by legend; 08-11-2010 at 09:19 AM.

Closed Thread