Closed Thread

Thread: The Bachelorette – The Men Tell Pretty Much Nothing.

LG.

The Bachelorette – The Men Tell Pretty Much Nothing.

Hello, Bachelorette friends, and welcome to the “Men Tell All” episode which traditionally comes before the finale and talks to all of our discarded contestants so far. There is traditionally a couple softball questions lobbed at the season’s star, but with no appearances by the finale two. Our host Chris H reminds us that Ali traveled around the world to find love, and checks in with Ali first.

Let’s chat with Ali about a couple of her higher profile former dates. They started with Justin a/k/a “Rated R” and how he always said exactly what Ali wanted to hear. Ali says that she felt genuinely bad for Justin’s girlfriend Jessica, and for all women who have been wronged by a man. Given that Jessica was “in on” Justin’s plan to go on the show for publicity I’m not sure how much sympathy she deserves, but having to hang out with a tool like Justin is plenty of penance for Jessica’s sins.

Then Chris H asks Ali about Kasey, who vowed to guard and protect her heart. His singing was awkward, and she wasn’t that impressed. Ali tells how sorry she felt about how he revealed his tattoo on the glacier and then she left him behind there. Of course poor Kasey is there – we’ll see if he sees any need to defend his craziness.

They moved on to Kirk, and how Ali may not have kept him around the first night if not for the really cute scrapbook. Note to Kasey, next time think scrapbook, not a tattoo. They showed the fabulous taxidermy studio from Kirk’s hometown date, and comment about what a sweet guy Kirk’s dad is.

Then the showed Frank’s dumping scene from Tahiti. Ali commented that she thought Frank was glum because he was looking for yet another ego-boost. What a catch that guy would be – in constant need of ego-stroking. Ali said that she doesn’t regret anything, but she did have feelings in Turkey that her feelings for Frank scared her. Yes, falling for a needy man-child is scary business.

Deleted Scenes

Next Chris H covers some scenes that weren’t shown on the episode. The first was where Roberto opened the champagne bottle in Florida and nearly hits Ali in the eye with a flying cork. Then we see Frank’s dad punking Ali with a long and rambling toast that ended up being a joke. I’m not a big fan of this brand of “humor” but at least it wasn’t serious. Then there is some footage of Ali putting on an astronaut helmet in her “night at the museum” date, which she claims to have blacked out.

Then there is footage of Ali’s date with Roberto where some stray cat that they named Charlie who helped himself to their food. There was also a really loud bird making noise during their date.

The non-finalist Chris (otherwise known as Chris N) had some interesting footage showing how he seemed to slip in and out of filming rather mysteriously, and he would lurk around and show up with no explanation. The other guys nicknamed him “The Phantom.” Our host Chris H claimed that he wasn’t just edited to be quiet and odd – he lived it. Good to know.

Finally, The Guys Come Out For Questions

How far are we into the show where allegedly the “men tell all” and we hadn’t asked a guy a question yet. Finally, they come out. Not all 25 guys were there, but quite a few. Frank isn’t there, but they plan to have him on the After The Final Rose special after the finale, not that they wouldn’t talk about Frank tonight. Justin is also noticeably absent, as is hair-product enthusiast Craig Something (I can’t remember his last initial) who was a bully in the house who went after Jesse (unsuccessfully) and then set his sites on wimpy Weatherman Jonathan. I’m not sad to miss out on hearing more from Jerky Craig (not to be confused with attorney Craig R, who isn’t a jerk, or at least not this big of a jerk) but surprised that he isn’t there pimping his appearance on The Bachelor Pad, where he will be rejoined with Weatherman Jon and I think Jesse too. Maybe they’ll swap out his mouse with some Nair.

Attorney and winning olive oil wrestler Craig R. starts off the questions as he was one of the major talkers in the house. He is for some reason (likely his eloquence as a professional mouthpiece) the unofficial spokesman of the whole gathering of guys there. They got Chris N to talk, and then teased him about how long he would stick around without disappearing during filming. Chris N pulled back his dress shirt to reveal his t-shirt, which read “The Phantom” and took a shot at Justin and his self-promoting Rated R shirt from the first night.

The showed video of the first night, with other guys talking about how Kasey was in love with Ali without ever meeting her. They ripped on Weatherman Jon for a while, and then all took turns calling Justin a snake.

They questioned Weatherman about Craig Douchbag’s personal attacks and why he didn’t admit that he was the one who “warned” Ali about that jerk-o-potomus. They compared Craig Douchbag’s attack, on Jesse, and how that ended abruptly when Jesse stood up to Craig and looked like he was going to knock him on his ass. Jesse admitted that the situations were different, somewhat standing up for the fact that he’s a big guy who could take out Craig, whereas Jon needs to worry about getting his face messed up when he needs to predict the weather on camera, as Jon has never won a fight in his life.

Ty admitted that he thought that Kasey was crazy the first night when he was so in love with Ali from night one, but admits his motives were pure as he really was there for Ali. Craig R seconded that Kasey is a genuine person, but batshit crazy. This type of crazy was in marked contrast to Justin, who was acting all over the moon for Ali when really it was just an act – a very punk move.

More Frank Discussions

Craig R, mouthpiece of the group of guys, opines that Frank’s situation was different than the wrestler. Justin went on the show just for publicity. Craig R thinks that Frank came on with good intentions, but then got mixed feelings and confused. Kasey declares that Frank took the safe way out by going for the sure thing rather than the risky step that he wouldn’t be the final one. Ty thinks Frank was selfish for sticking around as long as he did, but doesn’t think he did it to promote his career or anything. Given the fact that Frank doesn’t have a career to promote, that’s probably accurate. He was pre-meditated evil - he’s just a spineless wuss. That’s wonderful.

Next up, Crazy Kasey

We see Kasey’s sad journey from love on the first night, to the terribly uncomfortable night at the museum after his really awful singing. That night lead to the “no rose tonight, but I want you to stay around for the rose ceremony.”

Chris H tells him, when you were singing to her, it’s uncomfortable, and I’m saying “dude, stop.” Kasey says “I’m not a professional singer” and Chris H says “obviously, so why do it?” Kasey states that this show is an opportunity for him to put himself out there to show Ali (and the whole viewing audience of potential future Mrs. Kaseys) that he is very committed to the idea of love, which is why he got his very first tattoo on the show.

Chris H (a self-declared not a “tattoo guy”) is still shocked by that. It’s still there, so I guess that dispenses the henna rumors. Mr. LG is an aspiring tattoo guy (he has one, but would like to get more), but he also thinks Kasey was way off his rocker getting permanent ink on a whim.

The Last Guy Out – Kirk

Next up, Chris H talks to Kirk and chronicles his amazing journey on the show. It ends with Kirk’s video from the limo leaving his elimination, talking about how he wanted to propose to her and his heart was bruised. Kirk explained that while he was sick with mold poisoning, he wasn’t able to give himself to anyone else. This is the first time he’s felt confident in his health and was able to give himself to someone else.

He’s frustrated because Frank’s weasley move kept Kirk from being able to advance his relationship with Ali. Chris H forces Kirk to say that he got his heart broken. On the radio this morning, the local talking heads were spreading rumors that Kirk is relocating from Wisconsin to Minnesota for his job, and is moving to the Twin Cities soon. Who knows if that is accurate, but it would indicate that he’s still working his job in the Midwest and not attempting to prolong his 15 minutes by relocating to California.

Rated JR – I Can’t Stand Julia Roberts

It looks like they are cross-promoting next week’s finale episode with ads for the new Julia Roberts vehicle “Eat, Pray, Love.” Excuse me, but gag, I can’t stand Julia Roberts and go out of my way to avoid her movies. Yes, it started when Pretty Woman first came out and she glamorized prostitution as a manner of meeting a good man. That vomit-inducing “buy her love with expensive clothing” scene and all that other glop. Oh please. And it wrecked a perfectly good Roy Orbison song in the process.

Speaking of people who make me gag, they spend more time talking about Justin, who declined the opportunity to appear on the show tonight. Official mouthpiece Craig R had called out Justin with his professional BS detector skills. Ty talked about when they were in Iceland how Justin cried and lied to keep his story going on with the guys, and you can see that Ty is angry just thinking about it. Craig R officially distances himself from any post-show association with Justin, and then calls him names.

After the next break, Chris H brings out Jessie, a friend of Ali’s from the Jake season of The Bachelor. Jessie claims that she got a message from a social networking account from Justin’s 2 year girlfriend Jessica. Jessica had contacted Jessie after she had discovered that Justin was two-timing her with some girl named Kimberly who lived a couple blocks away from Jessica in Toronto.

Now Is the Part On Sprockets Where We Dance . . . Er, Ask For Audience Questions and Then Talk to Ali.

They take some comments from the audience. Someone in the audience asks Craig R to meet Justin in the olive oil wrestling ring, as Craig R was the champion of oil wrestling in Turkey. Craig is happy to face that challenge.

Ali comes out next in a sparkly silver mini-dress that looks rather odd. They talk about how emotional she was on the show, but she seems very positive about the whole experience. The toughest part of the show was saying goodbye to people, and throws the guys a bone saying just because things weren’t right for these guys as a couple, doesn’t mean that they aren’t great guys.

Ali says that she wished she would have found out about Frank’s back home girl much earlier, but that she didn’t have any regrets about what happened, even though it meant letting Kirk go earlier than she would have. Kirk thanks Ali for helping him open up, and feels that she was part of his process of being able to have a fulfilling relationship with someone else. Maybe he has already moved on.

Kasey then inexplicably thanks Ali for stranding him on a glacier in Iceland in favor of the three-timing wrestler. Ali actually laughs that Kasey is thanking her for that move. Kasey then gets up and sings her another Kasey song, about how Frank and Justin are bad guys, and he just wants to make her smile. She laughs, and then counts her blessings for having gotten rid of him. He’s clearly cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

We see video of Ali running from a mouse. Craig R and Justin speaking Spanish with Roberto. And a great shot of Chris Finalist putting a sleeping Craig R’s hand into a wine chiller full of cold water. It’s apparent that most of the guys on this season got along really well with each other, and that they collectively can’t stand anyone who didn’t stick in. Reminded me of the Trista season where the guys got along so well that they didn’t even all want to be disturbed to go on dates with her, and amused themselves by moving guys out in the yard while sleeping in their beds.

Finally, in a teaser for next week, we see clips of Ali with Roberto, then Chris. She worries that Roberto is too good to be true, and Roberto gives voiceovers of how he’s falling for Ali. Ali describes Chris as an “unbelievable man who would make a great husband” for someone. Chris opines that he “loves this girl 100%” and more shots of his great plaid long sleeve dress shirt combo with shorts from their Tahiti date.

Tune in next week to see the finale, and PhoneGrrrrl’s fabulous commentary. It’s been swell.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Re: The Bachelorette – The Men Tell Pretty Much Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;4009068;
    Speaking of people who make me gag, they spend more time talking about Justin, who declined the opportunity to appear on the show tonight.
    It doesn't surprise me that scumbag didn't show up, it proves once and for all that he is indeed a coward.
    what a faker..

Ali says that she wished she would have found out about Frank’s back home girl much earlier.
    Ty thinks Frank was selfish for sticking around as long as he did.
    What a whimp that guy is. I agree with Ty. The girlfriend is also selfish imo, she'll probably end up breaking up with Frank again which karma will be a bitch for him. He totally blew it..

Ali's worried that Roberto is too good to be true.
    As I said in one of the posts here, you can't judge a book by it's covers and eventually true colors will come out. All though I'm now disgusted with Frank. I thought he would be a great guy for Ali b/c he's always been sweet and loving. Justin however has always been a creep, so nothing surprises me about that guy. So in cases like this Ali should be worried.

hris as an “unbelievable man who would make a great husband.
    I think Chris is also sweet and loving and also would be great for Ali, I just hope he's not like Frank b/c it will proove to me that men are scum.

Kasey then gets up and sings her another Kasey song, about how Frank and Justin are bad guys, and he just wants to make her smile.
    Talk about gagging.. I can understand why Ali dumped him. What A nut job! Ali has suffered enough...
    The Bachelorette: Ali Fedotowsky

Why does everyone always bash a guy for stepping up and admitting he made a mistake? I think Frank truly thought he was in it to find new love. But suddenly...somewhere along the way...he realized he still had feelings for his love back home. I say BRAVO for him for taking steps on those unresolved feelings! He could've had the knock-out blonde with ALL the frills (expenses paid) and after-glow publicity, but instead followed his heart. Does Ali deserve a man who has feelings for another? Absolutely not. She deserves the man (we all do) who idolizes her. And Frank deserves to spend his life with the one (we all do) that he loves with all his heart, and vice versa.

Then again, I'm the one (and only one, I guess), that thought Jason did the right thing by admitting to making a mistake when he chose Melissa over Molly. He manned up, fixed it, and what do ya know...both are in bliss with the ones each was meant to be with.

That it happens on TV for all to see is embarrassing, no doubt. That sucks. But that's what happens when folks sign up for reality TV. Fortunately Frank and Jason overcame the "TV" part and stuck to being real, live people with real, live feelings.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55;4010276;
    That it happens on TV for all to see is embarrassing, no doubt. That sucks. But that's what happens when folks sign up for reality TV. Fortunately Frank and Jason overcame the "TV" part and stuck to being real, live people with real, live feelings.
    Your right about that part. Frank will be dealing with a lot of nasty critisisms just like Jason did. That's what people get for being stupid enough to screw up big time on national tv, they suffer the consequences.
    The Bachelorette: Ali Fedotowsky

Chris N: The phantom!!! ROFL! That was pretty funny. If he is the next bachelor I would watch it. Cus I want to get to know this guy. Who is the phantom?!

Closed Thread