Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7/19 Show Thread *NO SPOILERS*

Re: 7/19 Show Thread *NO SPOILERS*

Mind you, I find the whole thing staged for the ratings in regard to Frank and Ali, but there are some things people forget.

This show, as mentioned elsewhere, allows the contestants to leave the show for whatever reason if they do not think that the bachelor(ette) is not for them. This way people aren't strung along.

This is not the first time we've had any contestant leave the show because they didn't feel 100 percent certain they'd be happy with the lead here. It IS however the first time it's been so close to the finals. Even with the fishy nature of this one, it's still a choice based on his feelings that he was making a mistake.

And, in a way Frank did to Ali what she did to Jake - left for what the bachelor(ette) saw as a petty or selfish reason. Of course, Ali seems to have amnesia to that fact, but no - it's quite similar save the reasoning.

In fact, IMHO I think Frank's reasoning made more sense than Ali - who left for a JOB (not questioning lives together, her job), and even came back realizing her "mistake" but it was too late (fortunately/unfortunately up in the air). Or in short, I found her reasoning a little bit more selfish when she did return.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Frank did return and try to get her hand and she say no like Jake did her (and I think he regrets it too). I just find the incident ironic.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

As far as the final two, they are both worthy of Ali's hand IMHO. Of course, there is a chance she'll choose neither.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3992602;

But I see it as equal-opportunity emotional cheating. Ali is dividing her heart between three men; Frank was dividing his heart between two women.
    The difference is that Frank knew about, and knew, the other men. Ali didn't know about the other woman; Ali had no idea that she had any competition.

I was actually surprised that Ali didn't throw Frank under the proverbial bus during the rose ceremony. I would've sung like a canary.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalwatcher;3993655;
    I was actually surprised that Ali didn't throw Frank under the proverbial bus during the rose ceremony. I would've sung like a canary.
    I think there's several potential reasons here:

1. As I've mentioned, a contestant can leave the bachelor(ette) for whatever reason they believe - such as not being sure they're the right one for the star of the season.

2. She respected Frank enough - as he did her by telling her instead of Jessie just stringing her along for publicity sake - not to make an example of him because he respected her enough to tell her he was leaving and why (even if she hated it).

3. Maybe in the cooling down process, she realized his actions were similar to hers when she walked away from Jake, so she didn't want to look like a hypocrite.

4. ABC's PR attempt to save some face - which we already know stink anyway when we knew this was coming up.

5. She might not have wanted one of the other two to suddenly tell her a similar thing - they're thinking about it and she's not right for them.

Way too many reasonings - well save that she just was told to say that since everything sounds wooden half the time anyway. Trista - love her/hate her, at least sounded like she had a personality her season.

I really like both these final guys. How often does that happen?

I think Ali already made her decision a while back.
    I think they usually do on this show.

Can't wait to see some of the whacko guys return next week.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3993785;
    I really like both these final guys. How often does that happen? I think Ali already made her decision a while back. I think they usually do on this show. Can't wait to see some of the whacko guys return next week.
    I read that many bachelors/bachelorettes know who they want for their final choice by the end of the first show. Also, someone pointed out that what Frank did to Ali was the same thing that Ali did to Jake... but the difference is that Ali wasn't Jake's first choice, and Frank seemed to be Ali's first choice. I think when Ali left, Jake had already decided that he would choose Vienna. I think Ali and Frank's relationship was uneven at times, but I think she liked him the best. Ali was drawn to Frank, even though he pulled back a lot. Ali seemed to be drawn to Jake the same way... for some reason she might prefer men that aren't open and ready to love her.

I guess everyone is in the spoiler section... I still don't want to know in part because I really like both Roberto and Chris, so either one is a great choice, but I have a feeling she will pick neither. I suppose she shouldn't if she isn't feeling it. I think Chris may need a little more time and a more mature woman, though he seems totally enamored with Ali.

When Ali left Jake, she was being selfish for her job, so agreed she needs to keep that in mind with Frank. The difference as someone mentioned though is that Jake wasn't that devastated by Ali leaving (despite his best to act as such), but I think Ali really was when Frank told her, and it would have been nice if Kirk or some of the others could have stayed over Frank.

I hope they come up with a new bachelor. I think Roberto or Chris, (similar to Kiptyn and Reid) should run far away from Fleiss and the Bachelor. Though I guess Kiptyn is on Bachelor Pad, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;3993933;
    I read that many bachelors/bachelorettes know who they want for their final choice by the end of the first show. Also, someone pointed out that what Frank did to Ali was the same thing that Ali did to Jake... but the difference is that Ali wasn't Jake's first choice, and Frank seemed to be Ali's first choice. I think when Ali left, Jake had already decided that he would choose Vienna. I think Ali and Frank's relationship was uneven at times, but I think she liked him the best. Ali was drawn to Frank, even though he pulled back a lot. Ali seemed to be drawn to Jake the same way... for some reason she might prefer men that aren't open and ready to love her.
    I think the majority know early on.

I don't read the spoilers so I guess we'll have to see if she picks Roberto or Chris.
    I just don't think Frank was her first choice.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Maybe ALL of the bachelorettes/bachelors might know who they want by the end of the first episode. Ali thinks of Chris as a friend, and she's giddy around Roberto. Maybe Chris got the "friend" edit, to cover up how Ali really feels about him. But, from what was shown, I think Frank seemed like Ali's first choice.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;3995173;
    Maybe ALL of the bachelorettes/bachelors might know who they want by the end of the first episode. Ali thinks of Chris as a friend, and she's giddy around Roberto. Maybe Chris got the "friend" edit, to cover up how Ali really feels about him. But, from what was shown, I think Frank seemed like Ali's first choice.
    I agree with this. I know that at one point one of the bachelors did an interview and said that by the end of the first night they knew who the final 4 would be, but not necessarily the final 1.

I'm not sure about Chris's edit - I'm not sure that he's getting the friend the edit. She does seem more giddy around Roberto; but, she laughs more with Chris - which is what she says she wants. I think that there is chemistry with Chris, but they just progressed slower than she did with some of the other guys.

I do think that Frank would have been her final 1, she basically said that in this episode when she was talking about constantly reassuring Frank. Based on this, it would probably be best for all involved if she chose no one, unless she really can see a future with either Roberto or Chris (both of whom I love)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast