Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/5 Show Discussion **NO SPOILERS**

Re: 7/5 Show Discussion **NO SPOILERS**

What Jake did to Vienna was far worse than what Jason Mesnick did to Melissa Rycroft.

Jason proposed to her with no intention of getting married but broke it off not long afterwards.

Jake proposed to Vienna with no intention of getting married; then asked her to move across the country, live with him for months, support his "career," and totally abandoned her emotionally. His abuse lasted months.

In other news Jillian is dumping Ed.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;3968417;
    Not sticking up for Jake or anything but the way I heard it is he told her the directions and she pulled out the GPS like she didn't believe him. Same way with the furniture, he said he had measured and the way it was arranged was the only way it would work and she still didn't believe him. Emasculating, no, rude, yes.
    I gather that they couldn't open the drawers in the dresser the way he had arranged the furniture, so trying another option seems sensible, not rude. I have often had a second look at things my husband has done and come up with a better alternative. Because he is not a weak narcissist of a man, he welcomes rather than resents my input, and because he respects my intelligence and problem-solving abilities, he knows that I am just using my talents and am not emasculating him.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Newbie

Soooo, has anyone been following the revelations from Tanya Douglas, Jake's Ex? Looks to me like Jake put one over on everybody.

I can't post URL links yet because I'm new, but she pretty much blew the lid off his cover. Before going on the the show, he said he needed some money and would be back. He contacted her immediately after proposing proclaiming his love. Wow.

Not that I like Vienna, but that's pretty wicked stuff. The most unethical bachelor of all time?

FORT Fogey

On ET, Tanya Douglas said that she and Jake had a relationaship after the Bachelorette. The relationahip ended before the Bachelor. Then, after Jake proposed to Vienna, he wanted to go back to Tanya. Jake appears to be the fame whore that Vienna accused him of being. Jake likely went on the Bachelor to further his "career."
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 07-08-2010 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3968788;
    ...and totally abandoned her emotionally. His abuse lasted months.
    Abandoned her emotionally? He was no longer attracted to her. Period. That's a fact. But THAT IS NOT ABUSE.

There was no more attraction. The relationship was over. But his feelings ending is certainly not abuse, it's common in short-term relationships. Vienna has wrongfully called that "abuse" and she needs to be held accountable for those false and defaming accusations she made.

If she was more likable, Jake would still have feelings for her. I have ZERO respect for any female who claims that the fading of feelings is "abuse". That is sooo despicably low. A non-victim trying to play the victim card. That is so rude and disrespectful to all women but especially those who really HAVE endured true emotional and physical abuse.

Jake is so old-fashioned and probably needs to be "the man" (and was probably raised by that kind of man too). But that is not abuse!!!

Vienna needs to pay (financially) the people she's damaged and for the contracts she broke. I hope she is sued. I think this should be worked out in the courts, not on TV. (Although I would've been fine if Chris had raked her over the coals a little harder, since she deserves it.)

I agree with the person who posted that Jake had originally liked Vienna 'cuz she "challenged" him... but soon realized that the novelty of being constantly challenged wears off FAST. He didn't make the best choice for him. In fact, he made probably the worst choice. I doubt any of the other 24 woman would've been a worse partner for him.

FORT Fan

If he was no longer attracted to her, why not just end it??? Probably cause he was waiting for the perfect moment to cry and whine to the media that she cheated on him, to get him more exposure, but she beat him to the punch...more power to her, and also, we don't know ALL that went on during those months, 1/2 hour of talking to them both probably barely scratched the surface.

Personally i can't stand either of them, and i pray we have heard the last from both of them. I'm curious to see or hear who ends up back in the media first, since they supposedly spoke their peace and are now done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3969389;
    Abandoned her emotionally? He was no longer attracted to her. Period. That's a fact. But THAT IS NOT ABUSE.
    The "abuse" is that he apparently kept assuring her that all was well and nothing was wrong, yet he continued to reject her. Psychological or mental abuse is just as hurtful and damaging as physical abuse. She eventually came to realize she was being used as a publicity prop to further Jake's career. Yes, that is definitely abuse!

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;3969671;
    The "abuse" is that he apparently kept assuring her that all was well and nothing was wrong, yet he continued to reject her. Psychological or mental abuse is just as hurtful and damaging as physical abuse. She eventually came to realize she was being used as a publicity prop to further Jake's career. Yes, that is definitely abuse!
    I agree - in fact, having grown up with both I have to say that emotional or mental abuse causes more harm in the long term. Granted they didn't have a long-term, but I still think that his behaviour as I perceive it could cause even a stronger woman to freak out somewhat, assuming that a stronger woman would even give that sociopath the time of day.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Before the show aired on Monday night, I was watching a program that reported that there were some extremely volatile exchanges between Jake and Vienna that had to be edited out -- including a segment where Jake had actually formed a fist and pointed it at Vienna, as if he were about to punch her. Chris Harrison and ABC quickly and emphatically denied the rumor. (I wish I had been paying more attention to which show it was so I could quote it.)

A body language expert reported that Jake's chopping motion with his hands when he told Vienna to stop interrupting him was significant, along with his constant foot twirling (which meant he wanted to leave the situation) and covering his lips with his hands (meaning he said something he wish he hadn't.) I saw a man who was carefully controlling his emotions, and his demeanor gave me shivers. I always thought Jake was a fame whore and boring as Hell, but watching him interact with Vienna on Monday night gave me a whole new perception of him. He's a very scary man.

Did anyone else notice that Vienna said "polyagraph" instead of polygraph? I couldn't tell if it was just a slip of the tongue or if she's really that dumb.

Chris Harrison came out with arms swinging, if you ask me. All of his comments were slanted towards supporting Jake and demeaning Vienna. I sensed he (meaning ABC) was angry that Vienna had gone to the media with her story, which in effect "undermined" the network and the show, and their intention was to punish her like an ungrateful child. For the first time, I saw Chris Harrison in a very unfavorable light and was surprised at how biased he was.

Watching Jake and Vienna argue was weird. That was a lot of air time devoted to a lot of silly squabbling -- it was as if I was watching a couple of 12-year olds fighting. They were actually airing a fight on TV over her dog having accidents on the carpet??!?!? And if Jake wants to portray himself as a bonafide celebrity, he really shouldn't go on national TV and admit that his bedroom is so small he can't even open the drawers to his dresser because the bed is in the way. That doesn't give off an air of fame or class whatsoever. Jake plunged instantly from DWTS to Maury status. We already knew Vienna was trailer trash, and Jake just joined her.

Closed Thread